Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Hmmmmm,

1. Without god we'd all be atheists.

2. We are not all Atheists.

3. Conclusion: God(swt) Exists
Actually we are all atheists. Just that some of us are atheist about one more god than the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 05:50 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well done. You just proved the non - existence of God.
How?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
How?
I'm glad you asked that. It's the Problem of evil solution. If there was no god what would be different? Nothing. History would be the same back and forth competition struggle, there would be people still believing in non - existent gods and finding doubtful evidence for their existence. There would still be thousand to one chances coming off, and natural disasters occurring.

The sheer lack of any evidence for God worth a damn is all the proof any reasonable person would need to conclude that we are on our own, there ain't no God and the sooner we come to terms with that, the better.

I of course have zero expectation that the unwelcome facts staring the believers in the face would have the slightest impression. Unsupported Faith is of course considered by believers the strongest possible evidence for God's
existence.

But you asked, so I explained.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Just pick a newspaper or turn on the TV news, no speculation needed.
Actually I do not think that has anything to do with god. For example look at the riots that almost always occur during police strikes. The Montreal riots of 69 for example.

I doubt a police strike made people over night believe more... or less... in a "god" so their actions clearly had little to do with god at all.

One wonders how many people who claim to be religious actually are, or who claim to believe there is a god, actually do. It certainly did not give them any of the morals they claim religion gives them when it came to a good chance to engage in rioting and looting.

Quote:
Without God there would be no atheists.
Indeed and that is the dream/target of most Atheist organisations.... that publicly expressing a belief in god in our halls of power, education and science is considered so ridiculous that there is no need for a word like "atheist" and more than we currently need words like "a-racist" or "a-astrologer" in such rooms.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 AM

Woodrow wrote "Hmmmmm,

1. Without god we'd all be atheists.

2. We are not all Atheists.

3. Conclusion: God(swt) Exists"

and in response to 'it doesn't work that way'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It would if I were permitted to write the rules.

I just could not resist posting that. I know that is not a valid conclusion, but I wanted the pleasure of saying it before anybody else did.

I should have said that was pretty neat rejoinder and made me smile. It of course gave you the opening because the observation that without God we'd all be atheists is open to question.

It's like saying that if if Bigfoot and leprechauns really existed we'd all believe in them. Actually that's true in that if there was god evidence for them we'd all believe in them. Except for a few nutters who'd say it was all a CIA hoax.

On the other hand, to suppose that without any convincing evidence for them, we wouldn't be sure is also a bit naieve as a lot of people have a vested interest or personal conviction in their existence and prefer their own Faith and the argument that no -one can actually disprove them, can they?

That of course is the way God - belief works, too. Even the gods that don't exist had (and have) millions of people who believe in then and were ready to die for the belief - or perhaps preferably, make someone else die for not believing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality