Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times

Advertisements

Just something to think about. This is the type of view of Christianity many of us non-Christians see. I know these groups do not represent all Christians, but these types seem to be on the increase. Will Christians step forward and stop them?

Quote:
One of Africa's most feared militias, the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), has carried out a campaign of mass abductions on both sides of the remote border between the Central African Republic (CAR) and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), according to a human rights monitor.
SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

Quote:
[SIZE=3]Every month brings news of a self-proclaimed "militia" taking "responsibility" for a terrorist act against what they pretend is "the enemy." Every one of the self-proclaimed "militias" are Christian terrorist organizations with a membership largely consisting of Pentecostal or Christian Identity believers. They believe that Jews are taking over the world with a so-called New World Order and that they have the right to murder children because "what about all those unborn babies murdered in abortion clinics?" They believe that the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States grants them the right to form "militias" of their own. (They do so by selectively reading what they wish and ignoring the rest of the Constitution.) Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, is a Christian Identity follower who was trained by one of these self-proclaimed "militias," led by a Baptist minister. [/SIZE]
SOURCE

When humanists and secularists ask for honest Christians to take care of their religion's garbage and try to police their members, the ages-old cop-out is nearly always employed: "Oh but they're not TRUE Christians!" Thus the problem is relegated to "It's not our fault because it's not our problem."

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 07-30-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,881,022 times
I think most of us Americans don't worry about groups like this. We have had the KKK around for about 140 years, so we are used to their presence. They used to lynch a number of Black people and committed crimes during the 1960's, but we don't hear much about them now.

Same with the Nazis. They were often in the news 40 years ago, but are never mentioned these days. The Black Panthers used to get people upset and the Symbionese Liberation Party caused a lot of trouble in California.

Radical Muslims scare us, probably because we are not used to having them around. Fortunately, we just caught the guy who was planning an attack at Fort Hood.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:27 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,191 times
Alot of these people are "gun tottin" Christians and those guns are used to enforce their versions of God's word so no I don't think I'll be trying to convince them of too much of anything. They have made their minds up against multiculturalism so what can we do? They have their rights too.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I think most of us Americans don't worry about groups like this. We have had the KKK around for about 140 years, so we are used to their presence. They used to lynch a number of Black people and committed crimes during the 1960's, but we don't hear much about them now.

Same with the Nazis. They were often in the news 40 years ago, but are never mentioned these days. The Black Panthers used to get people upset and the Symbionese Liberation Party caused a lot of trouble in California.

Radical Muslims scare us, probably because we are not used to having them around. Fortunately, we just caught the guy who was planning an attack at Fort Hood.

It is true that most Americans fear Muslims, probably because they do not know us. But, we who are Muslim, have similar fears of Christians. Probably for the same reasons. I never realized the level of hate Christians were capable of until I left Christianity. Christians are quite scary to non-Christians.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 PM

334 posts, read 485,581 times
most chrisstians I know love obama...except for hte really conservative. This is nonesense..

Old 07-30-2011, 01:18 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,112,946 times
Quote:
Wihat non-Christians see Christianity as:
Non-Christians fixate on the negative and ignore the positive. Islam is more than Al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden. I would be chastized, and rightly so, for suggesting otherwise.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Non-Christians fixate on the negative and ignore the positive. Islam is more than Al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden. I would be chastized, and rightly so, for suggesting otherwise.

Both views are equally wrong. I am pleased to know you understand that Islam is much deeper than Al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden.

You are correct, we non-Christians do fixate on the negative. Which is also what many non-Muslims do about Islam.

I hope others can notice that also and that us Non-Christians can see that Christianity is more than hate groups and Right Wing radicals.

But the fact is much of the world only sees one view. We can probably thank local media, Christians and non-Christians, need to look beyond the media.

My main goal with this thread is to point out to Christians that all of us have idiot fringe groups and none of us should base our opinions on the actions of some.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:59 PM

591 posts, read 639,779 times
The Aryan Nations hates Jews almost as much a Muhammad did, only they haven't set out to pervert their religion and slaughter 1000's of Jews the way Muhammad did. It's pretty awful and disgusting it is to have a peoples worship a false prophet that spews hatred towards all Christians and Jews and calls for war againt all us "infadels".

Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
The Aryan Nations hates Jews almost as much a Muhammad did, only they haven't set out to pervert their religion and slaughter 1000's of Jews the way Muhammad did. It's pretty awful and disgusting it is to have a peoples worship a false prophet that spews hatred towards all Christians and Jews and calls for war againt all us "infadels".
The Aryan Nation would love to slaughter Jews and will if they ever gain political power.

Spoken as a true radical fundamentalist. You are the type of Christian, that gives Christianity a poor image to non-Christians.

You do not have the foggiest idea as to what Islam is, except it is something you have been taught to hate. Ignorance causes fear, Fear causes hate. You may begin with learning what an infidel is. There is no Arabic word that translates into the English word Infidel, that is the result of watching too many Rudolph Valentino movies from the 1920s. In it's original usage the popes used the word infidel to mean a non-Catholic and made it permissible for the Crusaders to kill all infidels (Non-Catholics) which included not only Muslims but also Jews, Greek Orthodox and Coptics.

Perhaps one day you will discover ignorance is a false prophet and seems to be the prophet you follow, possibly even worship. Learn the truth and get off your mountain of hate, the higher you climb on that mountain of hate the more difficult it will be to return to the level ground of reason.

Come to think of it, I should not discourage you from talking, as your version of Christianity is enough to cause anyone to want to disassociate themselves from Christianity. In fact it was because of bigots like you I left Christianity. I was begining to sound like you and when I realized how full of hate I had become, I ran from Christianity as fast as I could. But, then again I do not want anyone to leave Christianity because of you, as I know you are not a true Christian, just another bigot using Christianity as a tool to preach hatred.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM

591 posts, read 639,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The Aryan Nation would love to slaughter Jews and will if they ever gain political power.

Spoken as a true radical fundamentalist. You are the type of Christian, that gives Christianity a poor image to non-Christians.

You do not have the foggiest idea as to what Islam is, except it is something you have been taught to hate. Ignorance causes fear, Fear causes hate. You may begin with learning what an infidel is. There is no Arabic word that translates into the English word Infidel, that is the result of watching too many Rudolph Valentino movies from the 1920s. In it's original usage the popes used the word infidel to mean a non-Catholic and made it permissible for the Crusaders to kill all infidels (Non-Catholics) which included not only Muslims but also Jews, Greek Orthodox and Coptics.

Perhaps one day you will discover ignorance is a false prophet and seems to be the prophet you follow, possibly even worship. Learn the truth and get off your mountain of hate, the higher you climb on that mountain of hate the more difficult it will be to return to the level ground of reason.

Come to think of it, I should not discourage you from talking, as your version of Christianity is enough to cause anyone to want to disassociate themselves from Christianity. In fact it was because of bigots like you I left Christianity. I was begining to sound like you and when I realized how full of hate I had become, I ran from Christianity as fast as I could. But, then again I do not want anyone to leave Christianity because of you, as I know you are not a true Christian, just another bigot using Christianity as a tool to preach hatred.

I'm going by what your evil, lying, hate-spewing books teach. God hates Muhammad just as much, and probably more than I do. Muhammad drags Jesus's good name and legacy through the mud, while perverting to all Islammists the true essence of the charectures of the Bible, then spews hatred for all Christians and Jews and procalims that God hates all Christians and Jews and they all will burn in hell. THen he proceeds to slaughter, rape and pillage Jews. THEN he makes it illigal by penalty of death to anyone who thinks otherwise what he says is true or not. How can I NOT be disgusted with Islam? It is disgusting and offensive to God and his people for all the evil that it is. That is where Islam puts itself with God when they all woship an openly evil man, and tolerates all the evil he commits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality