Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times

Advertisements

My only objection I have about the Jesus(as) bumper stickers is I see them as being very disrespectful of him. At best it is an attempt to commercialize Jesus(as) as a commodity, at worse it is dragging his name through the mud and showing no respect of Jesus(as)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Christians need to get to places too, like church for instance, lol...

I see them from time to time here in Australia. By no means uncommon.
Jesus said do as I have done...They are suppose to ride donkeys....Jesus did not own a dead bloodsucking vehicle that pollutes the planet.....that being said...no matter what they sick on the dead bloodsucking vehicle...it is still unholy...and in league with Satan's plan to totally destroy the planet and all living things in his last death throws....as time is running out....Cause he knows what is coming is greator...and he wants everyone tied to the demise of the living, by polluting them last remnants....

See the polluted also go to the fire even if they have a sticky on the bumper!....wonder why?

Old 08-07-2011, 07:29 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Jesus did not own a dead bloodsucking vehicle that pollutes the planet...
Although, as the song goes...

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car

Old 08-07-2011, 07:46 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
...cars with Jesus fish on the back. What do you think about them?
I typically don't think about them. If I see them, it doesn't bother me at all, it's their car, not mine. It tells me that they believe in Jesus...good for them. Moving on.

Quote:
Additionally, what do you think about other religious propaganda (bumper stickers, Darwin fish, etc) on cars?
Answer is the same as above. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's their car, their belief. What does it have to do with me? Nothing. I'm not threatened by someone elses personal views or belief systems.

Quote:
Do you have anything that declares your religious belief on your car?
No, I do not. I do have my political beliefs on my car, though.

Quote:
Would you ever put something like that on your car?
A Jesus fish? Probably not. I don't find them to be very artistic or interesting...and those statements say nothing about my religious views, merely my tastes in bumper stickers and how they look.

Quote:
Do you think your driving habits might reflect poorly or favorably on your religious beliefs / non-beliefs?
What on earth? You're kidding, right?

Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Although, as the song goes...

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.
...not much about the lake of fire in that song...But I hear and see the implications of similarity none the less...As long as a Plastic flamable Jesus is on the dash they don't care?......let em burn then is the reply?...might be the order of the day sooner than later...oh look fire season....drought...and other foretold events happening on the land of the so called free.....wonder why?...Yep I don't care//cause I got God and Jesus in me...might be another chorus to a new tune?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:38 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
...and in league with Satan's plan to totally destroy the planet and all living things in his last death throws....
OH, so it's SATAN'S fault. And all this time I thought it was just humans being buttholes. Whew, thank goodness we don't have to look in the mirror! Bring it on Jesus as I don't know how much longer humanity can keep passing the buck. Wouldn't want that responsibility...nope...can't have that.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,467 times
Personally I don't think Jesus pays much attention to what's on our car but more what's in our hearts. If it's not imprinted in your heart then it's just vanity and hypocritical.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
I find the Jesus fishes tacky. But, I also think the Darwin fish with legs, the spaghetti ball god, CTR, etc emblems or stickers are tacky. I don't see what good it does to emblazen your car with stickers about your belief system. If anything, it opens up the door for negative reactions to your behavior. Cut someone off, forget to use your blinker, etc, and people will think you and your whole group you so proudly represent are idiots.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Personally I don't think Jesus pays much attention to what's on our car but more what's in our hearts. If it's not imprinted in your heart then it's just vanity and hypocritical.
True

I really doubt if anybody pays much attention to them. they are meaningless to most non-Christians and should be seen as demeaning to Christians. The only thing that happens is they get splattered with mud, the owner scrapes it off and replaces it with a new one, making the sticker maker very happy.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:57 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
My only objection I have about the Jesus(as) bumper stickers is I see them as being very disrespectful of him. At best it is an attempt to commercialize Jesus(as) as a commodity, at worse it is dragging his name through the mud and showing no respect of Jesus(as)

Reducing the discipleship of Jesus Christ to a slogan or catch phrase is disrespectful to Christ. Reaching out to people in a personal, meaningful way does honor Him. It's what He did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality