Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:18 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I think the fish thing on cars is faddish, not unlike WWJD stickers and t-shirts, Baby On Board bumper stickers, and the big yellow SMILE posters. The bottom line is that someone saw all these things as a profitable moneymaker targeted to select consumers.
A little bit of spiritual materialism here and there isn't going to hurt anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 03:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
A little bit of spiritual materialism here and there isn't going to hurt anyone.
I didn't say anything about that one way or the other. The question in the title of the thread is: "What is your opinion about Jesus fish on cars?" My opinion is that it's a moneymaker cashing in on a fad. In this case, it's a fad aimed at Christians.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:41 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I didn't say anything about that one way or the other. The question in the title of the thread is: "What is your opinion about Jesus fish on cars?" My opinion is that it's a moneymaker cashing in on a fad. In this case, it's a fad aimed at Christians.
That's capitalism for you.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:51 PM

6 posts, read 17,459 times
I think it's a free country, and I have no idea why people who claim to be for freedoms are always making a direct hit on the christian faith..I don't have a fish on my car but I feel if that makes someone feel good that's their right to do so..

Old 07-31-2011, 03:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,480 times
I think it is a regional thing...I have seen them a lot more in bible belt areas than most other regions of the country. Regardless, no matter how strong my beliefs may be, I am not going to put a variation of a fish on my car...or a magnet, or a bumper sticker for that matter. I just understand why so many people put those on their cars. It is just something like those Baby on Board signs, WWJD, etc. Just waiting for what the next fad will be. The best group to target is the religious group!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:00 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
That's capitalism for you.
I agree.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Did you see the movie "we three Kings" ?...How does polluting the planet make one believe that by Putting a sticker on their cars, makes them any more religious than a pile of dung?
Cause it doesn't!

"Woe to them who harm the Earth"...and the whoreess sitting on the beast, sipping the dead blood of the saints, and prophets, and the dead taken....she gets her power from the Dragon....and all who abide in her are of the Dragon...for they do what ever it takes to serve the Dragon....and the ENGRAVEN IDOL of the Dragon.....Putting a fishy on that Just makes absolute Vodka!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Cars with these things on them seem to speed and break the law as much as the ones that don't. Kinda makes me wonder.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
The Christian propaganda on cars reminds me that a true Christian would have sold his car and given the money to the poor.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:50 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Cars with these things on them seem to speed and break the law as much as the ones that don't. Kinda makes me wonder.

20yrsinBranson
Studies have actually shown that having a bumper sticker of any kind means you are statically more likely to experience road rage and drive aggressively. The content of the sticker doesn't matter...the result is the same if its a Jesus or a Darwin fish. It's thought that decorating your vehicle makes you more likely to view it as your territory, so you react more strongly if someone, say, cuts you off while driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality