U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
3,925 posts, read 1,835,412 times
Reputation: 1128

Advertisements

In an earlier post, I asked if the bible identifies any specific evil act that Satan has done.

Someone said there is something in the Book of Job. Does anyone know the specific chapter and verse where it says Satan does something bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2011, 05:59 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,215,840 times
Reputation: 135
Thanks to those who are driven speechless by the issues and resort to insult instead of rebuttal.

That more than anything else shows your poor theological positions.

Lurkers are being well served and motivated by such to reject Christianity thanks to the immorality of it's adherents.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,215,840 times
Reputation: 135
[quote=kiggy;20454032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post

Hmm... why are you so obsessed with Christianity? .
Is what I showed not enough for you or are the numbers you kill and abuse not high enough for you to notice?

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,215,840 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Actually, it's your own idiocy for trying to apply your faulty, twisted human logic to spiritual matters that you have no capacity for understanding.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Martin Luther

Reason is a *****, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Martin Luther

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,762,792 times
Reputation: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
He created all things-- He didn't create sin --
He created evil according to your Bible.

Quote:
Pretty simple concept to grasp.
So is evolution but you appear to have a hell of a job with doing that.

Quote:
By the way, why are you so interested in defining God when you say you don't believe in Him? Is it that you believe in Him but just hate Him?
Oh damn!! I've been rumbled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 PM
 
Location: NH/Englewood, FL
1,076 posts, read 634,581 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Martin Luther

Reason is a *****, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Martin Luther

Regards
DL
Actually I don't worship Martin Luther, although he was a great theologian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: NH/Englewood, FL
1,076 posts, read 634,581 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
He created evil according to your Bible.

So is evolution but you appear to have a hell of a job with doing that.

Oh damn!! I've been rumbled.
Come, come, Rafi, answer the question! Why do you ridicule a God that you say doesn't exist? Is that pretty futile, even for an atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 PM
 
Location: NH/Englewood, FL
1,076 posts, read 634,581 times
Reputation: 438
[quote=Greatest I am;20455246]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post

Is what I showed not enough for you or are the numbers you kill and abuse not high enough for you to notice?

Regards
DL
Answer the question... And what is it that I kill and abuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:18 PM
 
Location: NH/Englewood, FL
1,076 posts, read 634,581 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
In an earlier post, I asked if the bible identifies any specific evil act that Satan has done.

Someone said there is something in the Book of Job. Does anyone know the specific chapter and verse where it says Satan does something bad?
He told Jesus that he would give him the world if he would bow down and worship him. I'd say that's an evil act, tempting the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,215,840 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
He told Jesus that he would give him the world if he would bow down and worship him. I'd say that's an evil act, tempting the Lord.
As evil as your God's genocide or less evil?

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top