U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 AM

15,509 posts, read 12,232,069 times

Advertisements

While it is probable more Christians than Muslims will read this, I am addressing this thread to my Muslim Brothers and Sisters.

I begin this thread, Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem, with Surah 5 ayyat 82

Quote:
and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.
Let us concentrate on this ayyat especially during this Holy Month of Ramadan. Let us allow that which we share, show us the path to live side by side in peace. We need not agree with each other, to be just and fair in all things.

Let us also look at what some Christians believe about us, from those called Catholic in their catechism we find:

Quote:
The Moslems, "professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who at the last day wiill judge mankind" (Lumen Gentium 16). Though the Islamic faith does not acknowledge Jesus as God, it does revere Him as prophet, and also honors His virgin mother. Moslems "prize the moral life, and give worship to God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting" (Nostra Aetate 3). Noting that there had been many quarrels and hostilies between Christians and Muslims, the Second Vatican Council urged that all "forget the past and strive sincerely for mutual understanding, and, on the behalf of all mankind, make common cause of safeguarding and fostering social justice, moral values, peace, and freedom" (Nostra Aetate 3).

Now let us look at some beliefs many Christians share with us:

1. Regular prayers

2. Fasting

3, The day of Judgement

4. Belief in Prophets

5. Belief in angels

6. The Virgin birth of Isa(as) (Jesus)

7. Heaven and Hell

8. Allaah(swt) (God) created all things

9. Adam(as) is the first man

10. Allaah(swt) (God) Knows all things even that which is still to happen.

Let this Month of Ramadan be a time to sincerely treat all people with fairness and be just to each other. Let us not be aggressors and transgress beyond our limits as we are warned in Surah 4 ayyat14:

Quote:
But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: And they shall have a humiliating punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,802,754 times
Yes, Christianity is as absurd and contrived as Islam. We know that.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,535,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
^

Old 08-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post

Peace QH,

Thank you for sharing your belief. Although I personally believe the "WE know that," is too general as there may be some some who do not share your view.

To some degree I do agree with your first sentence as I believe all who worship the one mono-theistic God(swt) had the same source.
I and perhaps others do not see the Source as being absurd and contrived.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:53 PM

10,949 posts, read 1,178,634 times
We also have Maryam (Mary) in common.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
We also have Maryam (Mary) in common.
Thank you, in fact the Islamic beliefs of Maryam are very close to being identical to the Christian teachings.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM

10,949 posts, read 1,178,634 times
Food.
See I don't eat Pork and unclean food.Even the bible forbids it.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Food.
Some, denominations are much closer to us(Muslims) than others. The same message was gived to Christians as was given to us. There should be no difference between Christianity and Islam if both follow what was given.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM

13,620 posts, read 10,559,385 times
Quote:
Food.

i guess you've never had a bacon salad? i don't care what it says in two old books about pork, i will never give up on the bacon salad.. the other white meat

Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Many people have come up with reasons for forbidding pork. Many of them make sense. But the best one I can find, I discovered when I used to raise them. there is no humane way to slaughter them, physically and emotionally. the little critters are very terrified and they do seem to realize they are fixing to be killed and it terrifies them. I stopped eating pork, long before I accepted Islam. The look on a pig being led to slaughter, was too much for me to take anymore. Plus it takes a long time for them to die and they seem to suffer very much.

While we can come up with many reasons not to eat pork, we really only need one and that being Allaah(swt) has forbidden it. We need no other reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality