Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:49 PM

21 posts, read 26,244 times

Advertisements

These are some questions addressed to Christians

What is your proof from the Bible that Jesus -peace be upon him- is a God or the son of God? Has he said so or anyone addressed him as God?
Did he say Worship me or I am your creator and provider or I give you life and death?

Or has anyone addressed him saying Our creator, provider… etc?
You say that Jesus Christ is God Incarnate, so did he say I am God incarnate?
And is such a dangerous issue on which entering heaven or hell depends is not worth mentioning in the Bible?
Shouldn’t his words be so clear so no one would say I did not get it because Jesus did not state it clearly?
If he was God incarnate, why did he have to be inside Mary’s womb?
Why didn’t he simply come down to earth from Heaven to have a stronger impact over his followers?
You may say he has divine and human qualities and he entered Mary’s womb to get those human qualities
So, was he unable to get those qualities without entering her womb as he’s Almighty?
It is well-known that the Divine is the origin and the human is created So was God imperfect before, so he made himself perfect by one of his own creations?
One might ask: How come that God gets into Mary’s womb then comes to life, breast-feeds, plays, crawls, urinates and defecates?
you might say Isn’t God capable of doing anything?

Yet is it so Even if it is not worthy His Grace and greatness?
You -as humans- can do many things Like urinating, defecating in the street, yet would you do that?
You say that Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are three in one & if one says it is incomprehensible and cannot be understood
You would answer: God is unlimited, infinite and cannot be comprehended with our limited minds

Yet would God the unlimited exist in the limited Mary’s womb?
You say He was crucified, he died and was burried within three days then He ascended and sat on His Father right side

So who was managing Heavens and earth during his death?
And if He was God would He sit on His own right side?!
You say Jesus sacrificed Himslef for our sake to free us from the burden of Adam’s sin

Yet was that sin our fault? And was it Jesus’ fault to suffer for Adam’s sin?
Wasn’t mentioned in your Bible Deuteronomy24: 16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children nor shall the children be put to death for the fathers every man shall

be put to death for his own sin?
And if Jesus is God, why didn’t He simply forgive Adam for what he did instead of taking all the pain Himself?
Have you heard in the entire history a king or a judge or a governer who would punish himslef or his son instead of the sinner?
And if he did so wouldn’t people laugh at him saying Look at that king who punishes and humiliate himself instead of punishing or forgiving the sinner?
You say it is because God loves His people so much that he tortured

Himself instead of them then was God biased in that love for His creation?
In other words: Why did He surrender Himslef to the Jews to crucify Him? Aren’t they His creatures as well?

And is Adam’s sin worse than their sin of crucifying God?
Is it logical to purify a group from a sin that is not theirs

and then make another fall into committing a worse sin?
And if He really loves them that much

Why only purifying those who believed in His crucification and not purify all his creation?
Is it fair of a god to become visible to a group of people only and then ask everybody else to believe in Him though they did not see Him?
And why only descending and becoming visible to the children of Israel and depriving the rest from seeing Him? Weren’t there many other nations who deserved to see Him?
Why did not He come at the beginning of creation to purify all humans from that sin instead of leaving them with it while among them were prophets?
Did this God come to cause sadness to His followers until the Judgement Day because of His crucification?
Imagine a king coming to a village or a town, wouldn’t those people wait for this man to bring happiness and gifts to them not to make them weep forever in memomry of his pains and torture?
If He was God incarnate, would the incarnate speak to the not-incarnate?
In other words: Would He say Father in Heavens or God or Lord

why hast thou forsaken me.. etc?
You also say Jesus is the savior and whoever believes in Him enters kingdom of heaven
Our question is: save believers from what? you say from sin and Satan
So were all His followers really saved from sin and Satan?
If that was true we wouldn’t have seen one single Christian commit a sin and they would have become like angels
And if He promised them salvation, wouldn’t that tempt them to commit more sins depending on that salvation?
If that salvation was only from Adam’s sin, what benefit would be in that?
Saving them from one sin that is not theirs and punishing them for their sins which matter more?
And why His threat to those sinners with torture in hell if He’s giving them salvation?
There were so many verses with threat to sinners to be tortured in Hell
An example is in Mathew18: 8-9 If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire and if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out and throw it

away it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell
What kind of salvation is that you are promising people whom you are trying Christianise?
And what kind of happiness a Christian would feel when he knows that he will go to Hell if he does not cut off his sinful hand, sinful foot and pluck out his sinful eye?
You glorify the bread at chirch and bow to it saying it’s Jesus’ body and eat it, yet it is thrown out in the toilet when you defecate
Is this worthy of God? And answer me for God’s Sake: if this bread burn in oven, would you eat it or throw it?
Jesus has repudiated divinity and called for worshipping the one and only God in many verses in the Bible
He also admitted that all the miracles he had were not created by him but from God

these are some examples
In Luke18: 18-19 And a certain ruler asked him saying Good Master what shall I do to inherit eternal life? and Jesus said unto him Why callest thou me good? none is good save one that is God
In John14: 28 I said I go unto the Father for my Father is greater than I

How come the Father is greater than the Son when they are one?

And would the one be greater than Himself?!
in Luke6: 12 And it came to pass in those days that he went out into a mountain to pray and continued all night in prayer to God
So would a god pray for himself?
In John8:40 Now ye seek to kill me a man that hath told you the truth which I have heard of God
In this verse he says he is a human being and in others he says he is a son of a human
So how come you think he is a God although in the Bible he negates this divinity to be in humans or sons of humans in Numbers23:19 God is not man that he should lie or a son of man that he should change his mind
In John5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing as I hear I judge and my judgment is just because I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which hath sent me
In John5:37 And the Father himself which hath sent me hath borne witness of me Ye have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his shape
So how come he is God and say: you did not hear His voice or see Him?
in Mathew24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man no not the angels of heaven but my Father only
So how can he be God and he does not know when the judement Day is and even does not know who hit him?
In Luke22: 63-64 And the men that held Jesus mocked him and smote him And when they had blindfolded him they struck him on the face and asked him saying Prophesy who is it that smote thee?

Saying God is his father does not mean real biological parenthood since he used it addressing his apostles
Mathew23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth for one is your Father which is in heaven
In John20:17 Jesus saith unto her Touch me not for I am not yet ascended to my Father but go to my brethren and say unto them I ascend unto my Father and your Father and to my God and your God
In addition, The son of God in the Bible means the believer in God since it was used to refer to other poeple than Jesus
In John1:12 But as many as received him to them gave he power to become the sons of God even to them that believe on his name
And in Exodus4: 22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh Thus saith the Lord Israel is my son even my firstborn
And the word Rabbi does not mean real divinity but means the teacher
In John1:38 Then Jesus turned and saw them following and saith unto them What seek ye? They said unto him Rabbi (which is to say being interpreted Master) where dwellest thou?
Jesus -peace be upon him- is human, a messanger from God

And proofs of that are in his words which we read here and others and in what his contemporaries said about him
In luke 24:19And he said unto them What things? And they said unto him Concerning Jesus of Nazareth which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people
In Mathew21:11 And the multitude said This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee
And in Acts2: 22 Ye men of Israel hear these words Jesus of Nazareth a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you as ye yourselves also know
The Bible uses the word God referring to humans
In Exodus7:1 And the Lord said unto Moses See I have made thee a god to Pharaoh and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet
In Psalms82:6 I have said Ye are gods and all of you are children of the most High
In John10:34 Jesus answered them Is it not written in your law I said Ye are gods?
In Psalms82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty he judgeth among the gods
So what Jesus said about him being one with God means one in purpose and goal And Jesus said this also about his apostles too

in John17: 21-23 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them that they may be one even as we are one I in them and thou in me that they may be made perfect in one
Jesus’ saying he does not belong to this world is not specific for him
In John17: 14 I have given them thy word and the world hath hated them because they are not of the world even as I am not of the world
Let’s move on to the story of sacrifice that you cling to
My question is: Are all the horrible sins that you refer to you prophets including drinking and adultery, are not equal to Adam’s sin of eating from the tree? and do they need a god to descend once again to wipe their sins?
Jesus did not say he came to sacrifice himself for that sin and did not mention Adam or his sin at all but he was running away from Jews who were trying to kill him
He was supplicating to God to save him and ordered his apostles to do so
Yet would a god ask himself to save himself from what he destined on himself?!
Is it logical that this was the mission which he came for and wouldn’t mention, on the contrary he would run from it?
In John11: 53-54 Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness into a city
In John7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee for he would not walk in Jewry because the Jews sought to kill him
If Jesus was God why all that caution and fear from Jews who wanted to kill him? Isn’t he supposed to know the future and that he wouldn’t survive?
In John17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do
This means he has finished his mission which God has given to him so where is this alleged sacrifice?
In Mark14: 32-38 And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane and he saith to his disciples Sit ye here while I shall pray And he taketh with him Peter and James and John and began to be sore amazed and to be very heavy And saith unto them My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death tarry ye here and watch And he went forward a little and fell on the ground and prayed that if it were possible the hour might pass from him And he said Abba Father all things are possible unto thee take away this cup from me nevertheless not what I will but what thou wilt And he cometh and findeth them sleeping and saith unto Peter Simon sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour? Watch ye and pray lest ye enter into temptation
And when he was crucified (As you claim) he asked God why He has forsaken him and not saved him?
In Mark15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice saying, Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God my God why hast thou forsaken me?
If he was God how blaming himslef? and why not saving himself?
Finally if you think that Jesus is God because he brought the dead back to life
Then the Bible also referred to Elijha, Elisha and Ezekiel as they did bring the dead back to life
In1st King17: 17-24 & 2nd King4:32-35 & ezekiel 37:1-10

Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,885,558 times
Wow, you ask a lot of questions.

For starters, please ask the ONE question you would like to have answered.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,509,960 times
That much bold is hard to read.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:46 PM

21 posts, read 26,244 times
I think the topic will be deleted, because at heart it is difficult to answer the questions .. I hope freedom of thought and respect to the subject

Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,209,343 times
Since there is no reason to suppose that most of the Bible is literally true, what's the point? That should answer most of your questions.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 PM

28,057 posts, read 29,882,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksamao View Post
I think the topic will be deleted, because at heart it is difficult to answer the questions .. I hope freedom of thought and respect to the subject
You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you asked 42 questions in your OP?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:23 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,521,475 times
Quote:
These are some questions addressed to Christians

What is your proof from the Bible that Jesus -peace be upon him- is a God or the son of God? Has he said so or anyone addressed him as God?
One might ask: How come that God gets into Mary’s womb then comes to life, breast-feeds, plays, crawls, urinates and defecates?
you might say Isn’t God capable of doing anything?

You -as humans- can do many things Like urinating, defecating in the street, yet would you do that?
Well with that said I got two things to say: How about John 10:36--"do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?"

Secondly, in the U-S of A people don't defecate in the street. Urinate, maybe, if it is an emergency, but rarely and said folk usually get arrested. Things must be different in your neck of the woods. Actually in my neck of the woods, people do urinate in the woods/forest, but that's OK. Being in Nature an all, not in city streets though. That's against the law.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,559,405 times
Quote:
I think the topic will be deleted, because at heart it is difficult to answer the questions
Well, that...or the fact that you probably should have put a thread aimed specifically at Christians in the Christianity forum. What makes you think the rest of us would care?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 AM

958 posts, read 2,131,069 times
Quote:
I doubt that it would be deleted but it won't be taken seriously either.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:48 AM

439 posts, read 555,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well with that said I got two things to say: How about John 10:36--"do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?"
Son of God, son of David, or son of Man? Jesus is identified as “son of David” fourteen times in the New Testament, starting with the very first verse (Matthew 1:1). The Gospel of Luke documents forty-one generations between Jesus and David, while Matthew lists twenty-six. Jesus, a distant descendant, can only wear the “son of David” title metaphorically. But how then should we understand the title, “son of God?”

Jesus Christ - Son of God? (part 1 of 2): The Meaning of “Son of God” - The Religion of Islam

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality