Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
For lack of better terminology a spirit is an extra-dimensional entity, whose existence exceeds height, depth, width, and the human perception of time.

I wanted to further examine Theophanes excellent contribution to a challenging subject, if I may.

A Spirit is indeed an " Extra-dimensional Entity", on a different dimension than we exist on, which is why it is so difficult to examine. I think God and Heaven " Are somewhere in our Space", but just not in our dimensional space. I think Spirit beings are on this earth, but we just cannot see them; can't touch them. I think they could be standing right next to us at times, but we are just unaware of it. Their existence exceeds anything physical, so we are exceeded by them. Not excluded by them, but they are just beyond us. Beyond the " Time we exist in" and are limited by.

I think they are " Right now" existing in our past, present and our future; all at our same time frame. They are already in our tommorrow, right now! And I think that helps to further explain how God is " Omni-Present", and one way he knows what will be for us,because he already exist within our future, before we have even lived in it. He knows, because he is our future, and God is continually existing in the future at all times; so nothing can be before him. And nothing can catch up to him.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:45 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
We hear a lot of talk about " Spirits" and things of the like, but just what is a Spirit? And for that matter, a " Spirit Being?" I think a Spirit is a " Consciousness without a body." Spirit is consciousness, life without a human form. Real life, the kind which cannot evolve from nothing. I believe every human has a " Spirit in them", which is consciousness, not to be confused with their body. Two entirely different things, our body just carrys our Spirit ( or consciousness) around, like a vehicle. The human body is the " Temple of the Spirit", it contains it.

A Spirit then is conscious life, it cannot be seen, cannot be located within a single area, and has no body itself, so it would be contridiction to say" Spirit Body", a Spirit is more like " A Ghost." I think this Spirit is the real life in humans, its battery, its true source of energectic thought; the governer of our behavior; the orgin of our emotions; the real backround of our intelligence; and I think this Spirit is a part of God himself, its the closest thing we have to him, and the most powerful witness of his reality.
I do not agree with all your views, Mickiel . . . but on this subject you are right on.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not agree with all your views, Mickiel . . . but on this subject you are right on.

Well thank you; its a difficult subject, the Spirit.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:22 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Yes, their animals, its an animal spirit, exclusively from God for animals. Not to be confused with the Spirit in man.
What is the difference? Did this happen after humans created the word "animal" and put it to widespread use?

Quote:
The spirit in man came from inside of God, his breath. The spirit in animals is a spirit that god created outside of himself, and gave to animals. There are different spirits, and different levels of life, but: all life came from God.
How do you know? From mythology, or do you have solid evidence that can be observed and analyzed?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is the difference? Did this happen after humans created the word "animal" and put it to widespread use?quote

Humans had nothing to do with the seperation of animal spirit and human spirit, God did that. I think God saw no need for animals to be conscious, as humans are. Again, the human spirit, or consciousness, is inclinded to grow in intelligence, morals, talents, discrection, discernment and judgement, appititude, attitude, science, mathmatics; I simply can't list it all. Whereas animals willnot and do not, because its not nessercary in animals. Why should a monkey be a scientist? Why should a cat have morals? Why should a dog know math? Why should an elephant have talent to dance or draw art? Why?

How do you know? From mythology, or do you have solid evidence that can be observed and analyzed?
You can know by simply examining what is. Look at animals and compare them to humans, its academic. They are nowhere near us in consciousness. Emotion aside, you pick an animal that is more conscious than you. I certainly would like to see that animal. A human child, at any age, is more conscious than any mature animal.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
You can know by simply examining what is. Look at animals and compare them to humans, its academic. They are nowhere near us in consciousness.
The big variable here is the definition of consciousness. A dog, for example, is very well aware of the surroundings, the home, the family and belongings. A person, in a vegetative state generally isn't. In this example of consciousness, an unconscious person certainly is devoid of the spirit by your definition unless you can prove it otherwise... I will look forward to it.

Quote:
Emotion aside, you pick an animal that is more conscious than you. I certainly would like to see that animal.
Define consciousness.

Quote:
A human child, at any age, is more conscious than any mature animal.
My dog, at 3-months old was a lot smarter and responsive than any human child I've come across. Heck, how long does it usually take a human child to get "potty trained"?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
The big variable here is the definition of consciousness. A dog, for example, is very well aware of the surroundings, the home, the family and belongings. A person, in a vegetative state generally isn't. In this example of consciousness, an unconscious person certainly is devoid of the spirit by your definition unless you can prove it otherwise... I will look forward to it.

Define consciousness.quote

Consciousness is the governor of human behavior, its subjective, an analog in the real world. It builds up vocabulary and produces a lexical field whos terms are all metaphors or analogs of behavior in the physical world. Its reality is the same as mathmatics, it allows us to shortcut behavioral processes and arrive at more adequate decisions. Like mathmatics , it is an operator rather than a thing or repository. It " Sees solutions to problems", has definte mental behavior, it has comprehension, viewpoint, and invention.

Consciousness can be " Broadminded", Deep, open, narrowminded, occupied, or penertrating; we can get things off of our minds or put things in our counsciousness; animals are not like this. Consciousness can argue, or settle differences; its the battery of behavior and thinking; its a Spirit God put into humans, a spirit of counscious life.

My dog, at 3-months old was a lot smarter and responsive than any human child I've come across. Heck, how long does it usually take a human child to get "potty trained"?
Could your dog say " Daddy", could your dog walk upright on two legs the rest of its life? Could your dog hold a bottle and drink milk? Could your dog learn at the rate of any child? Could your dog learn to read and write? Could your dog learn to dress himself?

The answer is no because its not as conscious as a human child, nor could ever be. That child will grow and soon master your dog.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Could your dog say " Daddy", could your dog walk upright on two legs the rest of its life?
No, but if you think walking on two legs and speaking English dictates presence of a spirit...

Or, how about that spirit requires that everybody barks and walks on four legs?

Quote:
Could your dog learn at the rate of any child?
I would bet on a puppy dog learning faster than a human child. Does that mean the dog has a spirit, and has consciousness that a human child doesn't at the time?

Quote:
Could your dog learn to read and write? Could your dog learn to dress himself?
But it can run faster than me. It can see, feel and hear things I can't. You see, if you're going to make an argument on what humans can do but dog can't, how about things they've been gifted with that humans aren't? Pathetic excuse at best.

Quote:
That child will grow and soon master your dog.
But it will never acquire, much less master, many of the special qualities of a dog.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:

But it will never acquire, much less master, many of the special qualities of a dog.

No matter how you argue for your dog, the human child is destined to master it. To rule over it, and the dog is destined to depend on that rule.

God gave humanity mastery over animals, nothing can change that; we master them because our consciousness is the superior.

And thats another thing about " Spirit; its superior", like the being it came from. Thus its further evidence of God. Its a " Fingerprint of God", one which we can identify with him, and track him with. We can see traces of God by guaging our very own consciousness. In every period of man, consciousness has increased, so there is a " Built in periodicity in consciousness", in which civilization was born and continues to expand its narrative. Thats how Agriculture was invented, as well as science and public education; something the animal kingdom can never accomplish, there will be no planet of the Apes. And I have seen some fairly dense arguements against this. Just as God set the planets in order that cannot be broken, he set humanity as the superior to animals, and consciousness is the source of our rule.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
No matter how you argue for your dog, the human child is destined to master it. To rule over it, and the dog is destined to depend on that rule.
And yet no amount of such "mastery" can help the human acquire the special and often extraordinary capabilities present in dogs. Besides the truth in many claims that sometimes animals seem to have much more "soul" than many humans.

Quote:
God gave humanity mastery over animals, nothing can change that; we master them because our consciousness is the superior.
And there have been masters of humans as well. Were those subjected to slavery have no spirit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality