Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times

Advertisements

May he only return to your mind in fond memories. Sorry for your loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 09:24 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Rest in Peace Tom..You will be fondly and genuinely missed in this forum..

Prayers of comfort and healing for you SuperStar34 and all the family..
Amen!!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
R.I.P....we will all find out the truth someday,, god, or no god.. i can say none ever deterred his beliefs..

Old 08-23-2011, 09:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Campbell34 aka Thomas Campbell from Chicago IL has died (1950-2011)... He had kidney cancer that spread throughout his body. He leaves behind a son Ryan (26) a daughter Jana (30) and a wife Pam. My dad LOVED debating and talking to people who did not know Jesus... His last 8 years of his life he dedicated to telling people about Jesus especially on Internet forums where he had been called every name in the book. If just ONE person was lead to Christ through this forum he would be happy. I know he did not give the most popular view but through his studies and experiences with God he felt convicted to speak with boldness... When HIS dad died he had a dream where he met his father and at the end of it he said to his father "gee dad we can spend the whole day together" My grandfather then said to my dad... "I can't Tom I'm walking with Jesus now" (and my Grandpa ran into a large group smiling and jumping for joy).... That saying "I'm walking with Jesus now" is on my grandfather's tombstone.
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you on this day. I hope you can find comfort in your faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Our thoughts are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing it with us. Tom was quite a character. He'll be missed. Come to think of it, he left a lot of his posts behind here.

- NightBazaar
When you think about it, a part of him will live on forever in this forum! Though he is gone, his words will remain.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Default RIP Tom

My sympathies to you and your family SouperStar.

Some prayers and tears for you.

Though his spirit goes on...the mortal Tom will be missed.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:20 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Campbell34 aka Thomas Campbell from Chicago IL has died (1950-2011)... He had kidney cancer that spread throughout his body. He leaves behind a son Ryan (26) a daughter Jana (30) and a wife Pam. My dad LOVED debating and talking to people who did not know Jesus... His last 8 years of his life he dedicated to telling people about Jesus especially on Internet forums where he had been called every name in the book. If just ONE person was lead to Christ through this forum he would be happy. I know he did not give the most popular view but through his studies and experiences with God he felt convicted to speak with boldness... When HIS dad died he had a dream where he met his father and at the end of it he said to his father "gee dad we can spend the whole day together" My grandfather then said to my dad... "I can't Tom I'm walking with Jesus now" (and my Grandpa ran into a large group smiling and jumping for joy).... That saying "I'm walking with Jesus now" is on my grandfather's tombstone.
Sorry about the news Ryan. I was your age when I lost my mother to a lung disease. I am sending you some writings from your dad that you may (or may not) have seen. I am one of the few atheists here that actually believed much of what your father had to say (though I did not agree with his interpretations). Still, he was the only person on this religion forum that I felt comfortable talking about my "encounters" with. He was a "stranger" yet there was something about him that felt "real/true". At any rate, your father (IMO) still lives on. His spirit was one that I could actually feel through the computer somehow. That is why I decided one day to start talking with him privately. Wish I could have met him in person. He didn't convert me, but who really cares. The man will be missed, no doubt about it...

Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
I was no fan of your father's theist/evangelical arguments but that never allowed me to forget that he was a fellow human, family and friends so I wish you all my most sincere condolences.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
A great and kind soul. I only wish he had put me in my place more often. well, now he'll be at rest and worry on our behalve no more. May the Lord God help you and all his family to understand and grow.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
My sympathies to his family and friends...He will most certainly be missed.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
Condolences to you and your family in this time of loss. He was a persistent debater and fun to debate. I am glad he did not have to suffer to long, he is a peace now.

RIP Tom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality