Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,616,037 times

Advertisements

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24 KJV

The Messiah Jesus, the only begotten Son of the Father and redeemer of man is the image of the invisible creator God.

Colossians 1:14-18

King James Version (KJV)

"14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence."

All judgement has been given to Christ.

John 5

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

What God wants is our heart and fellowship in spirit and truth. Jesus was our creator incarnate born into his creation as the Son of the Father as the Mashiach of Israel to offer himself the ultimate lamb sacrifice for reconciliation to the Father. The scriptural account is that we have an eternal soul that lives on after this life which is our "consciousness." Annihilation of the soul is not scriptural.

Jesus said the following.

Luke 16

"19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

John 3:18-20 King James Version (KJV)

"18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved."

God wishes none to perish, but all to come to repentance. Salvation of the soul is a free gift through Christ Jesus through repentance and trusting in him. The external hypocrisy of "religion" is exactly what Jesus preached against toward the Pharisees, Scribes, and Sadduccees.

We have choice now, but we won't when we perish. The regret is eternal however. The rich man remembered his brothers in life and was conscious of his torment. The answer was listening to the prophets and repenting of their sins via the Messiah Jesus. We have all been given the freedom to choose.

The scriptures suggest all works outside of Christ will be burnt and forgotten forever. Choose wisely while there is still time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:27 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,450,254 times
Shouldn't this be moved to the christianity forum? There are people over there who care about this sort of thing.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,046,311 times
I must say, lee, the sermon was rather lacking. there was no throwback to pop culture not even a funny story; nor much of a thought out plot at all. So what are we to say is the point with your thread here? To demonstrate a believe that the god of the Christians is a spirit? we are all pretty aware of the folk-lore and mythologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality