Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times

Advertisements

If you were presented with absolute proof that God* was real what would you do?

*(note the capital G)

Please dispence with "which god" snark. You know which one I'm talking about.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:18 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

*(note the capital G)

Being that the "one" you're talking about was the result of a mistranslation of the plural word "Elohim", I'd say it is a very valid question...
Quote:
Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Being that the "one" you're talking about was the result of a mistranslation of the plural word "Elohim", I'd say it is a very valid question...
So I guess you're going to be evasive. Maybe I should have made this a yes or no question.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:

*(note the capital G)

I may be wrong, but I thought you said that you have such proof.
If I ever see such absolute proof, then I will have to admit that I was wrong all these years.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
So I guess you're going to be evasive. Maybe I should have made this a yes or no question.
It isn't being "evasive". What we have here is clear biblical documentation that backs up the fact that there is possibly more than one "God". Here is biblical proof that Jesus was NOT the only "son of God" that was the result of Gods impregnating humans...
Quote:
Genesis 6:1-2
When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
So if there is actually a "God" (big "G") then your bible is wrong...

Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Quote:

*(note the capital G)

Since you are clearly referring to YOUR concept of god and that one only and the concept presented in the bible, I guess I would make sure I avoid the fire and brimstone he has set aside and grovel beneath his presence and live up to his commands as stated by his spokespeople. But of course, you said if I was presented with ABSOLUTE proof which I am not sure I will hold my breath for.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
It isn't being "evasive". What we have here is clear biblical documentation that backs up the fact that there is possibly more than one "God". Here is biblical proof that Jesus was NOT the only "son of God" that was the result of Gods impregnating humans...

So if there is actually a "God" (big "G") then your bible is wrong...
Well if my Bible is wrong then I will purchase a correct one.

I know about the plural word Elohim. There is much speculation as to what it means.
And yes I know all about the sons of God.

Job 1:6 NKJV- Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

However if we look at the verse rendered in the NIV it sheds light on who these sons of God are: One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Now as to gods impregnating women: Ever hear about Hercules or Atlas?

But we digress.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:06 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Mr5150....if there was absolute proof...then I would believe.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought you said that you have such proof.
If I ever see such absolute proof, then I will have to admit that I was wrong all these years.
Academic question for this thread. "What if" sort of question.

However, I got nowhere when I posed this question:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/20613216-post47.html

Old 08-26-2011, 05:33 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Quote:

*(note the capital G)

Accept that there is a God, of course -- just as, if presented with absolute proof of Quetzalcoatl, or leprechauns, I'd accept the existence of Quetzalcoatl, or leprechauns, respectively.

That's how rational people behave, after all -- based on evidence. Irrational people, on the other hand, believe things in the absence of compelling evidence. Indeed, some of them go beyond that and revere the very idea of embracing certain beliefs in the complete absence of compelling evidence -- it's hard to get more irrational than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality