Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times

Advertisements

Bang Goes the Theory: Evolution Made Simple - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 05:53 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I could swear you posted this over an hour ago...I made a comment then and posted it on facebook. Have i entered an alternate universe?

Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Its as I have stated before, Atheism is just the flip side of Theism; both are hungry for the truth, both will eat what they can to satisfy that hunger, no matter how complicated or simple it is. The man in the film mentioned " The Starting point", of course he couldnot elaborate on what the starting point was, because evolution has none; its zero. An empty theory that has no power of its own, but has the backing of human desire.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:17 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
The starting point doesn't matter and has nothing to do with evolution...Just because we don't yet know what the starting point was means nothing, and has nothing to do with evolution. We at least are honest enough to say we don't know, unlike you theists who falsely claim that you know god was the starting point...But that is not possible until we have evidence of what created god.

Yeah, right. Evolution is the evidence of things that theists do not want to be true, but unfortunately for theists they are...You are in way over your head here...One cannot intelligently discuss what one has no knowledge of.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Its as I have stated before, Atheism is just the flip side of Theism; both are hungry for the truth, both will eat what they can to satisfy that hunger, no matter how complicated or simple it is. The man in the film mentioned " The Starting point", of course he couldnot elaborate on what the starting point was, because evolution has none; its zero. An empty theory that has no power of its own, but has the backing of human desire.

That one has no theory about the "starting point" doesn't mean everything after that is disqualified. Evolution has an abundance of evidence.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

The starting point doesn't matter and has nothing to do with evolution....

A theory where the starting point does not matter. That speaks a lot to me, its educating people into believing their orgin means nothing. You give evolution a body and want to ignore that it has no head, no beginning.

Which defys all logic in my view.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
That one has no theory about the "starting point" doesn't mean everything after that is disqualified. Evolution has an abundance of evidence.

Imagine that! A race with no starting point, but the race has a valid running? That disqualifys any race in my view. Espically a race for the truth.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default Carburetors and DNA.

Mickiel, I swear I noted a few days ago that you obviously haven't even the slightest gaseous vapor of knowledge about Evolutoin and the origins of anything, do you?

Evolution only occurs once you have life. Evolution neither explains those origins nor the biochemical basis of life. And yet, you charge on, throwing that nonsense around as if you had some sort of good rebuttal! In fact, all that does is confirms the fact that you are bio-scientifically illiterate, or a troll, or BOTH.

It's like us talking about the theory of how a carburetor works in a car, and you yowling, like a wolf at the moon, that the car needs wheels in order to roll down the road, and so the theory of carburetion is all hogwash!

("It's ONLY A THEORY!"!!!!)

Right. You're so VERY convincing in your thesis and approach! Call me condescending if you like (and don't forget to launch yet another pointless ad hominem. At least it diverts the argument for a minute..), and at least observers instantly know that I know what the carburettor does, and also what Evolution means and how it works.

Their opinion of you, on the other hand, is probably less kind.

An alternate option for you: if you know all this stuff so well, why don't you take the time, in point-form, to outline the basics of science's current hypotheses (that's all they are, for now) about abiogenesis, and then, ditto, give us the known facts about Evolution and how it works.

And then, you can, again in simple point-form, demolish (apparently...) each one of those points about Evolution, as I'm sure you think you can. But then I get to do the same with your points, and so on.

See? That's how it's done. Back and forth, like gentlemen. Informed, knowledgeable gentlemen.

I'll even promise to dispense with my trademark sarcasm if you stop with the unrelenting conflation of Evolution and Abiogenesis. Remember; carburetors and road wheels. At least not in the same paragraph.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:14 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
1. The Big Bang -How the universe began
2. Abiogenesis -How life on Earth began
3. Evolution -How populations change over time

These are three different things. There seems to be a surprising amount of confusion over that.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Evolution only occurs once you have life. .

Which is why it is a handicapped theory in my view. So many people use evolution to explain how humanity got here, when God is the source of how we got here. Alright, given that evolution only occurs AFTER life occurs, then the theory is only worth the time it takes to explain how life got started.

But if I get this correctly; evolutionist are now saying that they don't know how life got started, but they'll take over from there and explain how it now continues. Just take control away from the true orgin, and begin control after you establish that life just started somehow by itself, and evolution stepped up to take its turn at bat, took over this mystery, and now complettely controls what it didnot start.

Goodness, as if thats how true power works. Man, I tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality