Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Probably one from Plaid Cymru.
He's coming with me. Some Goidel demanded that Britain be returned to the state it was before the Belgics arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 PM

245 posts, read 455,198 times
If I was given "God's powers"? I dunno, I'm sure there'd be plenty to do elsewhere in more important locales/times/instances of the Universe. I guess, if I happened to notice, I'd probably put some ointment on Earth to clear up that nasty infection it's got going on.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
If I was given "God's powers"? I dunno, I'm sure there'd be plenty to do elsewhere in more important locales/times/instances of the Universe. I guess, if I happened to notice, I'd probably put some ointment on Earth to clear up that nasty infection it's got going on.
What was it that comic called us? 'A virus with sneakers'?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:45 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
If you were given the power of God, what would you do?

The temptation to give all televangelists leprosy might be more than I could bear.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
While you're at it, could you also return the UK to the condition it was in before the Norman Invasion?
Only if you genuflect enough and provide libations....and virgins...don't forget the virgins!!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 PM

593 posts, read 889,841 times
Kill my enemies,feed Africans,prevent Yellowstone from destroying most of North America,Those who don't baptize in the name of Jesus Christ must write I'm a quasi- christian 1000 times and I would resurrect Andy Kaufman.....Tank yu vetti vetti much!

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 08-30-2011 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: formating

Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Oh, what fun. I would (off the top of my head, the actual list would be exhaustive):

* "Turn all the bad people into good people" (I often pray to God to do this!!!)
* Modify the weather so that it is never hotter than 85 - not sure about the cold . . . would have to get some advice so as not to screw up the ice caps
* Restore the Earth to perfect harmony in all things
* Revise the human elimination system to make it aesthetically beautiful and not gross
* Eliminate all disease on the planet
* Give people the ability to brainstorm any problem with truly beneficial and positive solutions for all life forms
* Give people the ability to invent transportation systems that are efficient and fun
* Create such abundance on the Earth that everyone is well fed and happy
* Magically revise all systems to be clean and efficient and life-enhancing
* Eliminate the need for humans to sleep eight hours . . . maybe reduce it to four hours
* Give humans the ability to create jobs that are life-enhancing and not stressful, but fun and creative
* Invent new, positive ways to have fun and explore the planet
* Revise the life plan so that as people age they get healthier and healthier until they drop dead, in their sleep at age 81

to be continued

Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Oh, what fun. I would (off the top of my head, the actual list would be exhaustive):

* "Turn all the bad people into good people" (I often pray to God to do this!!!)
* Modify the weather so that it is never hotter than 85 - not sure about the cold . . . would have to get some advice so as not to screw up the ice caps
* Restore the Earth to perfect harmony in all things
* Revise the human elimination system to make it aesthetically beautiful and not gross
* Eliminate all disease on the planet
* Give people the ability to brainstorm any problem with truly beneficial and positive solutions for all life forms
* Give people the ability to invent transportation systems that are efficient and fun
* Create such abundance on the Earth that everyone is well fed and happy
* Magically revise all systems to be clean and efficient and life-enhancing
* Eliminate the need for humans to sleep eight hours . . . maybe reduce it to four hours
* Give humans the ability to create jobs that are life-enhancing and not stressful, but fun and creative
* Invent new, positive ways to have fun and explore the planet
* Revise the life plan so that as people age they get healthier and healthier until they drop dead, in their sleep at age 81

to be continued
I repped you on this as it is refreshing for someone to have the courage to step up and take the job on. I reckon God could take a few tips from you as He has the power to do all this but evidently hasn't thought of any of this, yet.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:04 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Quote:

Bill Hicks/San Francisco,CA 1993 "Virus with Shoes" (photo montage) - YouTube

Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 AM

245 posts, read 455,198 times
Quote:
Bill Hicks. Well done Sir!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality