U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 PM

5,356 posts, read 3,473,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is a proven fact a rabbit's foot doesn't work. Stop and think, that rabbit had 4 of them.
Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,062,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
So??????? Your belief's or non' beliefs are not of my concern.

My only objection is that any insult of Allaah(swt) or His Prophets hurts me. It is like you are speaking bad of who I love dearly. But, I assume you have no concern about any pain your words may cause another person.

So be it.
I cannot insult allah because he doesn't exist. I will however happily speak out against your prophet Mohammed, because many of his actions and words are reprehensible to the good of the world, and to the well-being of humans.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 PM

16,310 posts, read 14,793,560 times
Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish ...............
Make a wish before you blow out the candles .................
Prayer..................

All equally effective

Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM

10,833 posts, read 4,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
My Aunt used to boast and brag and insist that she was "buddy-buddy" with Saint Jude. (My Aunt was Catholic.)...One time my husband and I had to drive through a bad storm to get to a holiday dinner at my parent's house. When we got there my Aunt insisted that her prayers to Saint Jude kept us safe on our drive. I piped in and said: "We got here safely because we took it slow and easy."
I began life as a Catholic and even made it through my first semester of seminary before deciding the priesthood was not for me. About that time I discovered that some of the Saints we expected to intercede for for us never existed. I guess it is nice to see that St. Jude took over the jobs left vacant by Saints Christopher and Dismas after they got fired. although the job of being a Catholic Saint is not as secure as it once was.

If one is going to pray, there is no sense in trying to go through an intermediary.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:31 AM

4,144 posts, read 2,847,014 times
A lot of people say they have been praying for my son to recover from his brain tumor. This is nice! And thoughtful...Prayers involve time and effort and "work!" So I'm never going to pass-up any prayers...But what I could really use right now is a little more personal attention and support. (Phone calls, emails, visits, an invitation out for lunch or Christmas dinner etc.)...I'm sure all the prayers are helping. And I appreciate the prayers. I could just use a little more "one-on-one" with friends and family members right now to stay strong and positive...When one of my friends is facing an illness or crisis I call and check on them. I don't want them to feel alone. We all need a shoulder to lean on once in awhile to get through rough times in our life. Offering to say prayers is great but I want to do a lot more. How do you feel about it? Thanks.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:30 AM

23,179 posts, read 11,379,803 times
Quote:
A lot of people say they have been praying for my son to recover from his brain tumor. This is nice! And thoughtful...Prayers involve time and effort and "work!" So I'm never going to pass-up any prayers...But what I could really use right now is a little more personal attention and support. (Phone calls, emails, visits, an invitation out for lunch or Christmas dinner etc.)...I'm sure all the prayers are helping. And I appreciate the prayers. I could just use a little more "one-on-one" with friends and family members right now to stay strong and positive...When one of my friends is facing an illness or crisis I call and check on them. I don't want them to feel alone. We all need a shoulder to lean on once in awhile to get through rough times in our life. Offering to say prayers is great but I want to do a lot more. How do you feel about it? Thanks.
That is for the people you actually know in RL . . . family and friends . . . otherwise it is a website solicitation and is inappropriate.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:04 PM

10,098 posts, read 6,739,969 times
Quote:
Sometimes we need to take time for ourselves, talk with your real life friends and family, invite some of your close friends over for a little support party for yourself. Take the time to sit down with a close friend and talk about how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality