Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,350,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
I am tired of believers being blamed for these gay kids committing suicide. WE never said it was acceptable to harass or intimidate these kids and you know it. What the homosexual activists are really after is to force kids in schools to accept this lifestyle the Lord calls abomination and they hope to recruit our children.
The Canaanite practice of male temple prositutes worshipping pagan fertility gods, died out a long long time ago. It also has nothing to do with homosexual orientation or 21st century gays and lesbians.

I'm tired of people who haven't even read the Bible, let alone studied it in context, abusing it for their own bigotry. Would you prefer these gay teens to be dead rather than gay.?

Quote:
What is sad is they exploit the tragic death of these kids to do it. We will speak out against sin. I do believe it is important to maintain the social stigma against the homosexual lifestyle. If we dont do that and they feel "accepted". they are less likely to repent. The Lord Jesus commanded us to hate the sin but love the sinner.
No, it's the anti-gay religious right who are exploiting the tragic deaths of these kids in their bigoted crusade against gay people.

People like you are responsible for creating a hostile social environment for gay teens, and encouraging parents to reject their children because they are gay.

Study links social environment to high attempted suicide rates among gay youth
ScienceDaily (Apr. 18, 2011) — In the wake of several highly publicized suicides by gay teenagers, a new study finds that a negative social environment surrounding gay youth is associated with high rates of suicide attempts by lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) youth.
http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...123/1/346.full
Higher rates of family rejection were significantly associated with poorer health outcomes. On the basis of odds ratios, lesbian, gay, and bisexual young adults who reported higher levels of family rejection during adolescence were 8.4 times more likely to report having attempted suicide...

Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,350,992 times
Quote:
Homophobic? No, I love the gays because I tell them they are in sin in the hope they might repent
Repent for what?

Try praying for an amputee to grow their legs back.

There's as much chance of that being successful as "praying away the gay".

Old 08-31-2011, 08:03 AM

7,065 posts, read 12,298,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Repent for what?

Try praying for an amputee to grow their legs back.

There's as much chance of that being successful as "praying away the gay".
Wasn't Jesus a 33 year old bachelor with 12 "men friends" anyways? Being that he is "God" (and knew of his death; yet did nothing to stop it) it could be argued that the Jesus/God killed himself too...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,465,700 times
Quote:
I am tired of believers being blamed for these gay kids committing suicide.
Then quit telling them they are abominations and will suffer in hell forever and ever and ever.

Youth are at a very impressionable time in their life, and the constant message of sinner, hatred, abomination and all the other messages by people based solely on ancient superstition is the real abomination here.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,241,263 times
Quote:
I am tired of believers being blamed for these gay kids committing suicide. WE never said it was acceptable to harass or intimidate these kids and you know it. What the homosexual activists are really after is to force kids in schools to accept this lifestyle the Lord calls abomination and they hope to recruit our children. What is sad is they exploit the tragic death of these kids to do it. We will speak out against sin. I do believe it is important to maintain the social stigma against the homosexual lifestyle. If we dont do that and they feel "accepted". they are less likely to repent. The Lord Jesus commanded us to hate the sin but love the sinner.
Are you saying you support the school district in Michele Bachmann's district that has forbade any school employee to intervene in bullying and harassment of any child that is gay or one that is perceived to be gay?

No teacher, no counselor, no administrator is allowed to reach out to help any of these children being bullied. You support that?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,112,924 times
Well, in my religion - being gay is perfectly acceptable. In my religion - our goal is to make everyone feel good about who they are - and to strive to be the best person they can be by staying true to who they are. Oh - except for redheads. In my religion - redheads are evil, vile creatures that must repent and dye their hair. We don't harass or physically abuse redheads - but we have to let them know how evil and vile they are so they will repent and dye their hair. It's hard work with those redheads - there always seem to be more of them cropping up - trying to recruit others to have red hair, too. Will my work never be done?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:03 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,571,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, in my religion - being gay is perfectly acceptable. In my religion - our goal is to make everyone feel good about who they are - and to strive to be the best person they can be by staying true to who they are. Oh - except for redheads. In my religion - redheads are evil, vile creatures that must repent and dye their hair. We don't harass or physically abuse redheads - but we have to let them know how evil and vile they are so they will repent and dye their hair. It's hard work with those redheads - there always seem to be more of them cropping up - trying to recruit others to have red hair, too. Will my work never be done?
If only it were only that. There is a subversive redhair agenda to totally subvert the administration and legal system and that will result in the collapse of mousehair society as we know it. You will have to move fast to counter this evil.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,977,300 times
Quote:
I am tired of believers being blamed for these gay kids committing suicide. WE never said it was acceptable to harass or intimidate these kids and you know it. What the homosexual activists are really after is to force kids in schools to accept this lifestyle the Lord calls abomination and they hope to recruit our children. What is sad is they exploit the tragic death of these kids to do it. We will speak out against sin. I do believe it is important to maintain the social stigma against the homosexual lifestyle. If we dont do that and they feel "accepted". they are less likely to repent. The Lord Jesus commanded us to hate the sin but love the sinner.
You must hate the 21st century -- at least in the United States, which is where I'm guessing you are. Society is quickly leaving your ilk behind. Laws against consensual sodomy between adults are history. Laws protecting people from sexual orientation-based discrimination proliferate. The trend towards nationwide recognition of same-sex marriage marches inevitably onward. The social acceptance of homosexuality advances every year.

The baseless rules of the ancient goatherders are fittingly being tossed into the dustbin of history. Get used to it.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,112,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
If only it were only that. There is a subversive redhair agenda to totally subvert the administration and legal system and that will result in the collapse of mousehair society as we know it. You will have to move fast to counter this evil.
Don't I know it! I'm already teaching my newborn son the danger of associating with redheads. I was so happy when he was born with brown hair! I just hope it doesn't turn red as he gets older... I live in a constant state of redhead fear.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,019,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

I support the Redheads right to subvert anybody they want to subvert.

(As long as they leave Bald old men alone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality