U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM

2,756 posts, read 5,286,268 times

Advertisements

The Old Testament God is one of the most hateful, jealous, petty, vengeful, and murderous characters in the history of written fiction and mythology.

Oh, did I mention genocidal, infantacidal and capricous?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,746,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
The Old Testament God is one of the most hateful, jealous, petty, vengeful, and murderous characters in the history of written fiction and mythology.

A clear reflection of those who conjured him up.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM

591 posts, read 546,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That is not what I teach. That is not what I learned. That is not even what I saw when I was a Christian living in North Africa and the Mid East.

The only religious hatred I have experienced is from a few Christians hating me because I accepted Islam. Fortunately I was a Christian long enough to know that a true Christian may disagree with Islam, but has no hatred of Muslims.

I came to love Jesus(as) to a much higher level as a Muslim, than I ever did in the first half of my life as a Christian.

The only threat Islam has to Christianity, is that Christians do come to Islam once they discover the love a Muslim has for Jesus(as). A Christian can not experience that depth of love and I sincerely feel saddened by what they are missing.

Your "love" for Jesus is a perverted twisted version of Jesus. A Jesus who isn't who he says he is, and a Jesus that decieves people into thinking he defeated death. A false prophet/messiah. But all of Islam is taught to love false prophets. The Bible's God would very much detest the Jesus in the Koran as a liar, false prophet that steers people away from knowing him, but "Allah" loves him, lies deception and all. Just like Allah loves Muhammad, lies, murder, rape, pedophelia..etc..and all. Islam teaches to love all that is evil and hate all that is holy.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,597,928 times
My prophet can beat up your prophet!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post

God was fighting evil. God is now fighting evil peacefully through Christ and the Rider. He is a God that despises sin and evil, and loves the sinner. He is showing the way to cleansing of sin through Jesus's death and ressurection.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 PM

10,495 posts, read 10,112,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
My prophet can beat up your prophet!
Darn, I'd like to see that, hell I would even buy a ticket to that...... I can see it now.... Saturday Night Fight!!!!! The Fight Of The Century!!!!!! The Fight Of 2 Prophets!!!!!!!! Who will win!!!!!!! Com One, Come All!!!!!! .........

Old 09-02-2011, 03:17 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Darn, I'd like to see that, hell I would even buy a ticket to that...... I can see it now.... Saturday Night Fight!!!!! The Fight Of The Century!!!!!! The Fight Of 2 Prophets!!!!!!!! Who will win!!!!!!! Com One, Come All!!!!!! .........
Sorry no fight in sight. We Muslims love all of the Prophets equally and Jesus(as) was a true Prophet(PBUH)

The difference between Muslims and Christians is we worship what Jesus(as) taught while Christians worship the messenger, Jesus(as), and threw the message away.

Although we may be able to book a fight Between Jesus(as) and Paul for Paul's leading the believers into idolatry by teaching them to worship Jesus(as)

That would be a good match a fight between the purest man of the First Century (Jesus) and the Most evil man of the first Century (Saul, Paul, the anti-Christ, the false Prophet, the deceiver)

Although Christianity had many evil teachers, the Christians are basically good people. OOOOOps, My wife just reminded me why we live among the Lakotah.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:39 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,746,558 times
Quote:
Sorry no fight in sight. We Muslims love all of the Prophets equally and Jesus(as) was a true Prophet(PBUH)

The difference between Muslims and Christians is we worship what Jesus(as) taught while Christians worship the messenger, Jesus(as), and threw the message away.

Although we may be able to book a fight Between Jesus(as) and Paul for Paul's leading the believers into idolatry by teaching them to worship Jesus(as)

That would be a good match a fight between the purest man of the First Century (Jesus) and the Most evil man of the first Century (Saul, Paul, the anti-Christ, the false Prophet, the deceiver)

Although Christianity had many evil teachers, the Christians are basically good people. OOOOOps, My wife just reminded me why we live among the Lakotah.
Supposedly we can't call people to start a new thread and I've asked this question here before, but tell me Woodrow, why is it that [some] Muslims go ape-wild with anger and murder threats when it comes to paintings and images of Muhammad but have seem to have NO such anger when it comes to the countless jokes and irreverent pictures on the internet of prophet Jesus or Moses?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:

That's hilarious. Jesus is the embodiment of the phylosophy of life eternal. Muhammad destroys any chance of his believers of getting to know life eternal, with God's INTENDED compassion, wich can only be contiplated if you believe in Jesus's death and ressurection. Christians absorbs the spirit of Christ at his death, and they themselves enter a spiritual death and ressurection, with God's compassion for the often harsh trip in-between death and life. Muhammad destroys Christ's good name and legacy, and God's intended compassion by proclaimming Jesus to be not the son of God, and not someone who suffered, died, and was ressurected on the cross. Islammists teach that Christ is not who he said he was, and someone who decieved people into believing he defeated death, whom "Allah" loves.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Supposedly we can't call people to start a new thread and I've asked this question here before, but tell me Woodrow, why is it that [some] Muslims go ape-wild with anger and murder threats when it comes to paintings and images of Muhammad but have seem to have NO such anger when it comes to the countless jokes and irreverent pictures on the internet of prophet Jesus or Moses?
The anger you see on the media is the result of rabble rousers and the like. It is almost orchestrated hatred instigated by some misguided people. It is much more destructive to Islam than what they are angry over.

We should be equally angry over the insults of any and all Prophets(PBUT) Not to the level of destructive behavior, but to rightful demonstrations and legal objections.

Yes we do protest when any Prophet is insulted. but the only time it makes any news is if somebody issues a death fatwah.

Quote:
Muslim Group Issues fatwa on Author of Gay Play about Christ

LONDON (ENI)A London-based Muslim group has sentenced to death the author of a play depicting Jesus as a homosexual.
The London-based group, Al-Muhajiroun, which describes itself as the Defenders of the Messenger Jesus, said Jesus was an important prophet in Islam and that classical and modern Islamic authorities agreed that capital punishment was the prescribed penalty for insulting a messenger of God.
The play, Corpus Christi, by Terrence McNally, locates its version of the gospel story in modern Texas. It shows Jesus, who is crucified as "King of the *****s", being betrayed by his gay lover, Judas.
Since its premiere last year, the play has provoked controversy in Britain and the United States. When the play opened in New York, hundreds of police were deployed to protect the audience from protesters, most of whom were Christian. Christians also protested during the production of the play in Edinburgh.
The fatwa (death sentence) on McNally was issued as the play opened in London late last month. Copies of the fatwa were handed out to theatre-goers outside the fringe Pleasance Theatre in north London.
The fatwa, in the name of the Shari'ah Court of the United Kingdom, quotes the Prophet Mohammed: "Whoever insults any messenger of God must be killed."
The sentence would apply even if McNally became a Muslim and repented. However, New York-based McNally is not considered to be under the same risk as the author Salman Rushdie, the subject of a fatwa issued in Iran, who went into hiding for several years because of the fear of attack.
Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, the judge of the UK Shari'ah Court, has warned individuals not to try to carry out the sentence. He said it should only be carried out by an Islamic state.
Sulayman Keeler, Sheikh Omar's spokesperson, told ENI, "Islam is clear that the penalty for insulting a prophet is death. In our religion, Jesus is a very important figure as a messenger chosen by God.
"Carrying out the penalty has to be left to an Islamic state because in this society [the UK] if individual Muslims acted, it would lead to anarchy."
He criticized the British government for allowing the blasphemous production to be performed.
Sheikh Omar has also criticized local churches for not taking a stronger stand against Corpus Christi. "The Church of England has neglected the honor of the Virgin Mary and Jesus. It is blasphemy for them not to take action," he said.

SOURCE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or