Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Right...and speaking of hypocrisy...
You missed.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:11 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,623,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
There is nothing dogmatic about pointing out stupidity and laughing out loud.
A brilliant observation. I admire your keyboard courage bravely asserted under the cover of a pseudonym. Well done sir!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
A brilliant observation. I admire your keyboard courage bravely asserted under the cover of a pseudonym. Well done sir!
Courage?

If he used his real name, what would you do? Beat him up?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,369,717 times
Quote:
I wish to thank you for providing such a superb illustration of atheistic dogmatism.
Since when has suggesting respect is earned "dogmatism" or anything to do with atheism? Let alone "atheist dogmatism". Youre so keen to get your cliches out you seem not to even care if they apply at the time, so long as you can copy and paste them here.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Courage?

If he used his real name, what would you do? Beat him up?
When people say things here that they would never say to your face, yes, I think it clearly qualifies as cowardice.

...but that's just me.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
The dogma in his dogmatism would come down to his fear of an open one-on-one debate - he's apparently afraid that it may burst his little bubble world that he's constructed for himself. So much so, that he refuses to engage in discussion even under cover of a pseudonym.
You really have no idea at all what "dogma" means.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,645,906 times
Quote:
Excuse me? Since when have creationists commanded or even deserved my respect? Respect is earned. It is not a right. The only thing they deserve from me is complete ridicule. Got it?
I see that ^^ ignorant statement on this board a lot. Usually from non-believers...don't know why that is.

Respect is so a "right"...and it does NOT need to be "earned"!

By that logic...you don't have to show respect to anyone you just met...on the basis that they haven't "earned your respect". That's not reasonable.

Though I submit that, "Respect IS a right, you don't NEED to earn it"...I am of the understanding that you can subsequently "lose" it.

AGAIN---In civilized society, "initial respect" is a "given"...for EVERYBODY.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 PM

33,520 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Now who gets to LOL!

Dude, you're a coward - deal with it.
Interesting....Are you here to discuss, or to attack? Your last ten posts have been nothing but insults directed at other posters.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Erm, I've never cowered from ANY debate. If you've got something to debate, as the gipper's lap dog would say, bring it on.
Changing your tune all of a sudden?

Being that you're so dogmatic with respect to God's supposed non-existence, let's go ahead and debate that.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I see that ^^ ignorant statement on this board a lot. Usually from non-believers...don't know why that is.

Respect is so a "right"...and it does NOT need to be "earned"!

By that logic...you don't have to show respect to anyone you just met...on the basis that they haven't "earned your respect". That's not reasonable.

Though I submit that, "Respect IS a right, you don't NEED to earn it"...I am of the understanding that you can subsequently "lose" it.

AGAIN---In civilized society, "initial respect" is a "given"...for EVERYBODY.
It really is this simple. In any scientific endeavor, you earn respect among your colleagues by making discoveries that advance our knowledge base and further scientific progress. There is nothing in creationism that furthers our knowledge base or advances scientific progress. On the contrary, it does quite the opposite. Furthermore, creationism isn't even science, though it pretends to be. It is a religious belief held by a radical minority. It misrepresents science and what scientists say or do. It misapplies the scientific method (I question how many creationists even understand the process). In effect, it "lies for Jesus". It argues from ignorance, and claims authories that support its tenents who are, upon further inspection, not in support of it at all. It is a religion of dishonest men and women who's only goal is to make everyone believe that the Bible, particularly the Book of Genesis, is a science book and that the Flintstones is a documentary.

Respect that? Not if my life depended on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.