U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,733,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
He is NOT dead.

He sacrificed Himself for the remission of sins of HIS People, gave up the Ghost - died, and Resurrected - became alive again.

The Most High Redeemed the Children of Israel.

He is now with The Father and left with us the Comforter - The Holy Spirit - to see after us.

Make sure you read and understand before you comment.

Saying that Jesus Christ is dead is Blasphemy.
I disagree, the truth is never blasphemy, and....we have no real proof that this geezus guy ever existed, except as mythology. He is every bit as believeable as is Paul Bunyan. You may, of course, believe as you wish, but please do not confuse mythology for fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 AM

13,938 posts, read 9,702,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
....we have no real proof that this geezus guy ever existed, ...
Wait! Listen! Do I hear the squeaking wheels of Josephus' bath-chair in the distance??

Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 AM

3,579 posts, read 2,657,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Wait! Listen! Do I hear the squeaking wheels of Josephus' bath-chair in the distance??
Josephus had a bath chair? It's a miracle!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 AM

35,002 posts, read 9,048,533 times
Quote:
Pushed by old Tacitus and Suetpuddingus with his Zimmer frame and Phlegon and Thallia propping one another up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida8996 View Post
simple-- We do big miracles by leading people to Christ.
As a miracle, that isn't even up with the image of the Blessed Virgin at the start of 'Eastenders'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Was it his connection to the Father that allowed Jesus to heal rather than any innate ability to do so?
It was God's spirit in him that was doing it. Even the most man-godlike of the evangelists wrote 'I can do nothing of myself'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
His Belief.
Not even that but other peoples' belief.

Mark 5. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. 30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ” 32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

Luke confirms this was the way the passage originally was written Luke 8. 44 She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased. 45 And Jesus said, “Who was it that touched me?” When all denied it, Peter6 said, “Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!” 46 But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.” 47 And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and falling down before him declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed. 48 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.”

Because this makes Jesus the 'meat puppet' idea which will not please those of the 'Man - god' persuasion, Matthew actually cuts this down to make it seem that Jesus is in charge of dishing out the 'power'.

Matth 9.18 Then suddenly a woman who had been suffering from hemorrhages for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his cloak, for she said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be made well.” Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.

John of course, since he didn't work from 'proto - Matthew' doesn't have this remarkable episode at all.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-09-2011 at 02:49 AM..

Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,580,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
Who says we're talking about magic?
Noun: The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:52 AM

624 posts, read 869,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
No. Not everyone can perform (genuine) miracles. If everyone could heal as Jesus healed, it would not be very special. It would be commonplace and thus not miraculous at all.
Hm... so are you calling Jesus a false prophet?
Did Jesus lie?

John 14:12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:27 PM

951 posts, read 802,439 times
Divine healing was common place in the fellowship I was in. (I won't give you the name in order to avoid needless persecution and distracting comments.)

We followed the instructions in James 5 and there were many healings.

One man was blind from birth and he was given sight.

One man paralyzed was given back the use of his limbs.

One woman had a withered arm and was anointed and her withered arm grew out to be the same size of her good arm.

A friend of mine's 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia and our minister anointed her and she was healed.

I have been healed a number of times and a few times I was healed at the time the minister prayed and anointed a cloth before I even received the anointed cloth from the minister.

There were numerous reports of healing of cancer, heart disease and just about every imaginable condition you can come up with, God intervened and healed the person, some almost instantaneously.

There is divine healing in God's true Church. Don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:43 PM

13,938 posts, read 9,702,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Divine healing was common place in the fellowship I was in. (I won't give you the name in order to avoid needless persecution and distracting comments.)

We followed the instructions in James 5 and there were many healings.

One man was blind from birth and he was given sight.

One man paralyzed was given back the use of his limbs.

One woman had a withered arm and was anointed and her withered arm grew out to be the same size of her good arm.

A friend of mine's 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia and our minister anointed her and she was healed.
...and these things would, understandably, have had the scientific and medical world in a turmoil. They would undoubtedly have been 'front page' news all over the world....so let's have your links to medical/TV/news reports on these 'miracles' please.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:21 PM

951 posts, read 802,439 times
Quote:
...and these things would, understandably, have had the scientific and medical world in a turmoil. They would undoubtedly have been 'front page' news all over the world....so let's have your links to medical/TV/news reports on these 'miracles' please.
Apparently, you do not believe in divine healing from God. I do and have experienced it firsthand.

Now, when I am healed, I can never ever remember any thought as to whether I should call the news media and tell them I have been healed by God even coming into my mind! Never!

Who would want to be put up with all the harassment such as the world would give for anyone to claim they have been divinely healed? I just thank God and am glad that my life is back to normal again. That means more to me than trying to convince a bunch of faithless naysayers that God really heals.

Think about it! If YOU were healed, would you want to take on the world and try to convince them that you were healed by God supernaturally? If you are healed, you are healed, let the world go on denying it but you are healed! The world would probably make you sicker before you became ill with all their negative attacks, calling you a liar, a con artist and all the other put downs the use to deny and defy God.

Again, think about it.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,307,280 times
Yep sure can......

He couldn't ...............
I can't...............
You can't.................. just like Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality