Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:56 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Evil to many theists, including myself, is the deliberate disobedience of God(swt).

That is a very limited answer and I am certain others will have a more specific answer. I am also certain others will define evil as being related to the times and circumstances.

Is there a clear concept of what determines evil, that we all agree upon?

What to you is considered to be evil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 10:56 AM

70 posts, read 88,803 times
the evil my brother when ALLAH gave the men all the things and sent to him prophets to clear for people his way ALLAH SAID [ He created the heavens and earth in truth. High is He above what they associate with Him He created man from a sperm-drop; then at once, he is a clear adversary. And the grazing livestock He has created for you; in them is warmth and [numerous] benefits, and from them you eat. And for you in them is [the enjoyment of] beauty when you bring them in [for the evening] and when you send them out [to pasture].And they carry your loads to a land you could not have reached except with difficulty to yourselves. Indeed, your Lord is Kind and Merciful. And [He created] the horses, mules and donkeys for you to ride and [as] adornment. And He creates that which you do not know.And upon Allah is the direction of the [right] way, and among the various paths are those deviating. And if He willed, He could have guided you all. It is He who sends down rain from the sky; from it is drink and from it is foliage in which you pasture [animals].He causes to grow for you thereby the crops, olives, palm trees, grapevines, and from all the fruits. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who give thought.And He has subjected for you the night and day and the sun and moon, and the stars are subjected by His command. Indeed in that are signs for a people who reason.And [He has subjected] whatever He multiplied for you on the earth of varying colors. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who remember. And it is He who subjected the sea for you to eat from it tender meat and to extract from it ornaments which you wear. And you see the ships plowing through it, and [He subjected it] that you may seek of His bounty; and perhaps you will be grateful.And He has cast into the earth firmly set mountains, lest it shift with you, and [made] rivers and roads, that you may be guided, And landmarks. And by the stars they are [also] guided. Then is He who creates like one who does not create? So will you not be reminded? And if you should count the favors of Allah , you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.]
ALLAH said [ And Allah has extracted you from the wombs of your mothers not knowing a thing, and He made for you hearing and vision and intellect that perhaps you would be grateful. Do they not see the birds controlled in the atmosphere of the sky? None holds them up except Allah . Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe. And Allah has made for you from your homes a place of rest and made for you from the hides of the animals tents which you find light on your day of travel and your day of encampment; and from their wool, fur and hair is furnishing and enjoyment for a time. And Allah has made for you, from that which He has created, shadows and has made for you from the mountains, shelters and has made for you garments which protect you from the heat and garments which protect you from your [enemy in] battle. Thus does He complete His favor upon you that you might submit [to Him]. But if they turn away, [O Muhammad] - then only upon you is [responsibility for] clear notification.
They recognize the favor of Allah ; then they deny it. And most of them are disbelievers. And [mention] the Day when We will resurrect from every nation a witness. Then it will not be permitted to the disbelievers [to apologize or make excuses], nor will they be asked to appease [ Allah ]. And when those who wronged see the punishment, it will not be lightened for them, nor will they be reprieved.]
so after all those favors of Allah they refuse this is the evil

Last edited by ashkarloveALLAHmo; 09-04-2011 at 11:05 AM..

Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
so after all those favors of Allah they refuse this is the evil
It all comes down to that single sentence. We agree upon what evil is.

Does anyone else agree or do some have different concepts of evil?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:58 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,044 times
I prefer not to use the term evil, as it seems too tied to the concept of god for me to separate it. I am sure others will disagree.

I do find it horrible when people directly cause the suffering of others, with full awareness of the pain they are causing, for their own selfish desires.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:00 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Either you have the knowledge of good and evil or you don't. It's the human conscience.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Evil is a religious term, and as such is imaginary. Bad things and actions exist in the world, that is true. But 'evil' presupposes a supernatural origin for those bad things, and that's frankly ridiculous.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
evil is deliberately causing harm, and enjoying it.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:41 PM

591 posts, read 641,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Evil to many theists, including myself, is the deliberate disobedience of God(swt).

That is a very limited answer and I am certain others will have a more specific answer. I am also certain others will define evil as being related to the times and circumstances.

Is there a clear concept of what determines evil, that we all agree upon?

What to you is considered to be evil?

One way to determine evil is to look into what a person represents. I've seen Buddhists create an imaginary dragon that represents truth, honor, strength, courage, wisdom, etc... Then they get a tattoo of said dragon and concentrate on BEING the dragon, mentoring the idea of that dragon. If a person idolizes or mentors openly evil people, like Hitler or Muhammad, then they are doing the same thing less the tattoo. They absorb the deity, or the idea, what the mentors represent, and the sins of the mentors manifest itself through them.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM

70 posts, read 88,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
One way to determine evil is to look into what a person represents. I've seen Buddhists create an imaginary dragon that represents truth, honor, strength, courage, wisdom, etc... Then they get a tattoo of said dragon and concentrate on BEING the dragon, mentoring the idea of that dragon. If a person idolizes or mentors openly evil people, like Hitler or Muhammad, then they are doing the same thing less the tattoo. They absorb the deity, or the idea, what the mentors represent, and the sins of the mentors manifest itself through them.
evil like Muhammad the problem name of the prophet in the bible and Torah ALLAH SAID [ Those to whom We gave the Scripture know him as they know their own sons. But indeed, a party of them conceal the truth while they know [it].]
ALLAH said [ And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."]
prophet Mohamed named in your bible prophet Jesus said by him self in this film the proof is very very clear do you know what is your problem you do not want accept the truth
‫

Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
What evil are you looking for? Evil comes in so many different flavors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality