Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:03 PM

91 posts, read 92,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What adults do in their own time is their business, not yours.

Mind your own business and leave others to theirs.

Thats why this world is in the state it is in. I will not "live and let live". I am in the world but not of it. I will preach this gospel. I will tell people of their sin.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:07 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
Thats why this world is in the state it is in. I will not "live and let live". I am in the world but not of it. I will preach this gospel. I will tell people of their sin.
A lot of people already know about their sin, but would never admit them. Instead, they project their own sins onto other people to assuage their own guilt and self-hatred. Human Psychology 101.

91 posts, read 92,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Whose definition of 'sin'? And why does an omniscient, omnipotent being need to "depend" on anyone? What's a "true christian"?

Face it, you're fighting a losing battle. Logic, facts, common sense, and reality are being accepted by more and more people every day, and your worthless, archaic set of misogynistic and bigoted rules are being thrown where they deserve to be -- in the toilet. Scream at people all you want, stomp your little feet and clench your tiny fists in impotent anger while telling them how sinful they are. At least we'll find it amusing to watch your misguided self-righteous rage.

God defines sin in his word. Read it, know it. A true Christian obeys his word and strives against sin. If we dont preach the gospel, who will? How dare you say such things. You will pay if not in this life then in the next. This is serious business. Eternity is too long to be wrong

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Who said I picket funerals? The people who do that are not of God
I have a couple of questions for you. On a scale of 1-10, what grade would you give your quality of life? In other words what's so fab about your life that assures others they will benefit by following your pattern/advice/interpretation of the Word?

Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:

You know back in the 30s and 40s someone by the name of Adolf Hitler went about doing the same thing about Nazism.... It seems as though Christianity is not that much different..

Old 09-05-2011, 05:10 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
With god on your side, you seem to be very motivated. May I suggest starting in Afghanistan (I hear they are tough nuts to crack)?

PS: do update us on the progress you and your god are making there.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
With god on your side, you seem to be very motivated. May I suggest starting in Afghanistan (I hear they are tough nuts to crack)?

PS: do update us on the progress you and your god are making there.
Amen.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
A lot of people already know about their sin, but would never admit them. Instead, they project their own sins onto other people to assuage their own guilt and self-hatred. Human Psychology 101.
Settle down before you become one of them, heaven forbid.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:20 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:

Why should we pander to the unrighteous? It's time we believers had some righteous indignation. I call on all true Christians to join me. God is depending on us.

I am curious , what do you think God is depending on human believers to do, that he can't do himself? And what are you thinking of doing, helping unbelievers, or showing how to condemn them?

And let me ask you this; why would God send somebody like you to help others?

Or maybe your suggesting that your part of the " Holy Hit Squad", sent by God to smash us puny humans.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Do what you want, free speech and all that. In return don't be surprised if people tell you to p*ss off. Your views are not shared by everyone and who made you judge and jury? No-one did, it's all in your arrogant mind that you are somehow 'better' and morally superior. It's called pure arrogance and Jesus of the bible called for people to be humble, not smart ass arrogant know-it-alls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality