Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:25 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,589,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
Thats why this world is in the state it is in. I will not "live and let live". I am in the world but not of it. I will preach this gospel. I will tell people of their sin.

I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the most high.

Familuar pathology.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:27 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,409 times
Quote:
I have decided I am taking a stand. I will not be a fence sitter. I am going to preach against sin. I know it will offend people and I dont care. If someone is in the wrong, I am going to tell them without any regard to their feelings. I will speak with the anger and wrath of God because I am tired of this. Why should we pander to the unrighteous? It's time we believers had some righteous indignation. I call on all true Christians to join me. God is depending on us.
I think there is some really cool spy gadgets out on the market. Look around the city you live in and see if you can pick up some miniature cameras and listening devices that you can plant in your neighbors homes. The internet is another option to get that stuff. Then you can record the sinning and show it to god when you guys do the monthly potluck.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:30 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,118,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I have a couple of questions for you. On a scale of 1-10, what grade would you give your quality of life?
Hard to say. I think my quality of life is pretty good, but then again my circumstances are not ordinary. I don't have much in the way of material wealth, but I'm happy with what I have been given and grateful for it.

Quote:
In other words what's so fab about your life that assures others they will benefit by following your pattern/advice/interpretation of the Word?
I don't know if the fab-ness of my life has anything to do with my pattern/advice/interpretation of the Word. Honestly.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,118,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the most high.

Familuar pathology.
Compariung acts_2_christian to Satan is a bit much. It's hyperbole.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Compariung acts_2_christian to Satan is a bit much. It's hyperbole.
I said the pathology is simular. I will do this and I will do that! I will do this and I will do that.

The pathology is familuar; Its called selfish indignation that you decide to involve God in. Its when the self wants God to punish others.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 PM

659 posts, read 1,101,429 times
Cool, way to point out the specks in everyone else's eyes and ignore the log in your own.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
It's hyperbole.
Or trollish.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM

659 posts, read 1,101,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I said the pathology is simular. I will do this and I will do that! I will do this and I will do that.

The pathology is familuar; Its called selfish indignation that you decide to involve God in. Its when the self wants God to punish others.
Sort of like that saying that you can tell you've created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same things and the same people you do.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
Sort of like that saying that you can tell you've created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same things and the same people you do.

I agree. This guy is one reason I know I will never be christian; and christianity is cranking these out in numbers each year. The strange thing is, they think they are pleasing God with this behavior.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,803 times
Quote:
I have decided I am taking a stand. I will not be a fence sitter. I am going to preach against sin. I know it will offend people and I dont care. If someone is in the wrong, I am going to tell them without any regard to their feelings. I will speak with the anger and wrath of God because I am tired of this. Why should we pander to the unrighteous? It's time we believers had some righteous indignation. I call on all true Christians to join me. God is depending on us.
I tried to write a decent reply to this post about six times, but every time I started writing, I realized that I was either being sarcastic or vitriolic -- niether of which is conducive to peaceful dialogue.

I've heard it all before: I'm a sinner, I'm going to hell, etc. If you think you'll reach me, or anyone, by screaming in their face about 'sin' and 'hellfire', you're sadly deluding yourself.

It's exactly that kind of confrontational attitude that's driving people away from the church in droves; the horrible penalties for not 'voting the party line' like a good little sheeple.

Why, oh why, hasn't it become clear to you that the way to reach converts is not to threaten, or condemn, or call them 'sinners', but to live in Christ's example -- the example of a man that didn't judge or hold a grudge, that truly loved all people, saint and sinner alike?

I'm not Christian, anymore, and I can see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality