U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 AM

3,433 posts, read 6,360,701 times
Default How do you feel your relationship with God is?

This thought came out of several threads Ive read..so I thought Id post it..

What is your relationship with God like..1.is it based on religion, where you know about him, and see him as a "far off being" and cant possibly talk to him, because he doesnt have time for "trivial things" 2. Is it personal, where you carry on convos with him thru out the day? 3. do you feel like God is with you at all time..even when you mess up?

For me, I feel like God is with me all the time, thru Christ. I dont set aside time to "just pray" because I tend to do that thru out the day..I know everyone is different, just like brothers and sisters view their relationship with their parents differently...just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 AM

3,490 posts, read 23,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
This thought came out of several threads Ive read..so I thought Id post it..

What is your relationship with God like..1.is it based on religion, where you know about him, and see him as a "far off being" and cant possibly talk to him, because he doesnt have time for "trivial things" 2. Is it personal, where you carry on convos with him thru out the day? 3. do you feel like God is with you at all time..even when you mess up?

For me, I feel like God is with me all the time, thru Christ. I dont set aside time to "just pray" because I tend to do that thru out the day..I know everyone is different, just like brothers and sisters view their relationship with their parents differently...just a thought
Well for me it is a personal relationship, but it's not like I walk around praying all day. I try to set aside personal time but that rarely happens in my life! So I tend to pray when I have some alone time, like driving to work or whatever. I also try to dig into my Bible daily, but it usually works out to several times a week rather than every day.

I think God wants to be a personal God to us but it is up to us to set the terms...if we treat Him as far off, then He will be. If we treat Him like our best friend, He will be. Of course it's prudent to be balanced in all things, so it's not like I wake up and pray for God to show me what to wear that day, LOL.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:30 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,952,263 times
It's very personal for me. I talk to God all day long. I thank Him for anything and everything. Just an example of how strange and severe my relationship and faith in the fact that every breath I take is given to me by God, yesterday I was walking through the yard and by the skin of my foot (literally, haha) I missed stepping on a pile of doggy doo. I thanked God for letting me miss it. Now, I am sure you are wondering if I would also thank God if I had stepped in the poo...I don't know that I would have rejoiced (that would really put me in the wacko catagory) but I do truly believe that God is in everything that we do and maybe so warm poo between my toes is His way of saying, clean up all the messes you've allowed to ferment. I would like to set aside more time in my day for prayer (actual prayer), but I have all my terrible invalid excuses. I always pray at bedtime. I try to always remember to thank God for a meal, but even with that I am very lacking. So many times a meal is me washing dishes and eating at the same time (or any other chore). My husband is very faithful in this respect. I have seen him thank God before a glass of milk or a potatoe chip. I have also never been a Bible reader. I'm trying to remedy that also.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 AM

54,938 posts, read 11,443,568 times
I thank him,I ask questions,it's personal.It's positive,things would happen when you have faith in God.

By the way,I have a picture of Christine on "need a prayer" she is so sweet, I will meet her for the first time on the 22nd.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 AM

19,979 posts, read 19,766,076 times
Through Jesus I have a personal relationship with the Living God. I talk him all through out the day too. My faith is not based on religion but on God's love. He not some "guy in the sky" to me (I hate that phrase) He is real to me. He gives me strength to meet whatever comes my way, I know Him, He knows me, He names my name, it is written in the Book of Life.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,952,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I thank him,I ask questions,it's personal.It's positive,things would happen when you have faith in God.

By the way,I have a picture of Christine on "need a prayer" she is so sweet, I will meet her for the first time on the 22nd.

Oh, dragonten, she is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing her picture. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 AM

3,490 posts, read 23,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Now, I am sure you are wondering if I would also thank God if I had stepped in the poo...I don't know that I would have rejoiced (that would really put me in the wacko catagory) but I do truly believe that God is in everything that we do and maybe so warm poo between my toes is His way of saying, clean up all the messes you've allowed to ferment.
LOL!!! too funny...warm poo between the toes!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Through Jesus I have a personal relationship with the Living God. I talk him all through out the day too. My faith is not based on religion but on God's love. He not some "guy in the sky" to me (I hate that phrase) He is real to me. He gives me strength to meet whatever comes my way, I know Him, He knows me, He names my name, it is written in the Book of Life.
Thanks! I would have to wait another 24 hrs to rep you. Isn't she a cutie!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:57 AM

19,979 posts, read 19,766,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Thanks! I would have to wait another 24 hrs to rep you. Isn't she a cutie!
Yes she is beautiful, just like her great aunt!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes she is beautiful, just like her great aunt!
ahem,cough,cough,
See,that's what God does when you pray and give thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality