U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,267,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I hope you are right EG, and it "ain't going anywhere".
But I'm not so sure about that...we'll see, after Nov 2012.
And as I said...the more they are "antagonized"...the harder they will retaliate. Their numbers make them undefeatable at the ballot-box, if they get mad/motivated enough and fully organize and act on election day.

As far as "luck" helping the "weak" win over the "mighty".
I'm talking about when a weaker entity has circumstances work out unexpectedly in their favor so that they win over the stronger foe, when they reasonably should have lost. In any contest, about anything.

If the weak can't get the mighty to back them up...or they don't luck-out...it is inevitable that they will lose against a stronger opponent.
That's just REALITY.
"Really" it's not "going anywhere". For "it" to "change" the way "you" say it will, the "constitution" would have to be "thrown out" and the "USA" would "cease to exist" as we "know" it.

(Honestly, What's the deal with your continual, excessive use of quotation marks?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 11:48 AM

3,320 posts, read 2,325,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
"Really" it's not "going anywhere". For "it" to "change" the way "you" say it will, the "constitution" would have to be "thrown out" and the "USA" would "cease to exist" as we "know" it.

(Honestly, What's the deal with your continual, excessive use of quotation marks?)
passion.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM

6,659 posts, read 3,903,346 times
Quote:

You don't have to "throw out" the Constitution to change it.

Just like the 18th Amendment to stop people from boozing--If enough people in Congress decide that a certain behavior should be mandated or proscribed for the entire country...they just vote and amend the Constitution to spell it out...simple.
The U.S.A. would still "exist"...the citizens would just live under a different set of laws.
It's already happened 27 times...it can happen again.

They make up over 75% of the electorate...if they chose, they can completely take over.
So keep on taunting, mocking, and insulting them...you'll see where that gets ya.

The "quote marks" (haha...like that?!) are faster than bold, italics, or underline.
Does it REALLY bother you that much MC?...it must, or you wouldn't have mentioned it.
Tell ya what...just don't read my posts...put me on "ignore".
Are you really THAT easily annoyed?...this world must drive you absolutely bonkers. But, GOOD NEWS!...the "science" of modern medicine/pharmacology has solutions to that...I suggest Paxil, Effexor or the like.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
passion.
I love you...*SCHHHHHHHMACK*!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM

7,175 posts, read 4,386,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Define " corrupting", is it anything that you do not agree with?
Richard Nixon.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,267,949 times
Quote:

Just like the 18th Amendment to stop people from boozing--If enough people in Congress decide that a certain behavior should be mandated or proscribed for the entire country...they just vote and amend the Constitution to spell it out...simple.
The U.S.A. would still "exist"...the citizens would just live under a different set of laws.

They make up over 75% of the electorate...if they chose, they can completely take over.
So keep on taunting, mocking, and insulting them...you'll see where that gets ya.

The "quote marks" (haha...like that?!) are faster than bold, italics, or underline.
Does it REALLY bother you that much MC?...it must, or you wouldn't have mentioned it.
Are you really THAT easily annoyed?...this world must drive you absolutely bonkers. But, GOOD NEWS!...the "science" of modern medicine/pharmacology has solutions to that...I suggest Paxil, Effexor or the like.
Bother me? No, more like they make people laugh at you and not take you seriously. But frankly they make you look a little stupid because you're using them incorrectly.

Thanks for the lovely personal attack suggesting I'm mentally ill.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:12 PM

7,175 posts, read 4,386,915 times
As if breading like rats and spreading poetic folklore was a virtue.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Bother me? No, more like they make people laugh at you and not take you seriously. But frankly they make you look a little stupid because you're using them incorrectly.

Thanks for the lovely personal attack suggesting I'm mentally ill.
Oh, com'on Merc...don't go there. It was all just a jest about science having all the answers for everything! It wasn't a "personal attack".

The quotes are just "emphasis by punctuation" (see?) rather than caps, or clicking on the bold, italics, or underline.
I'm sure people realize my intent...and don't think I not aware of the "Pedigree Usage" of quotation marks.
I also wouldn't think anyone would be so petty to "not take seriously" the content of my posts...and think me "stupid" based on my using quote marks as a convenient means to emphasize words or segments of my sentences.
Everyone knows it's a hassle to break your typing flow to click on and off the bold/italics/underline features...and can readily figure out the reasoning behind my sundry application of the quote marks.
Some people use "emoticons"...I never have. I don't tell anyone I think them stupid/childish for using "Smiley-Face Emphasis"...and that certainly could be said for those things.

Let's cut to the chase: It's not that my use of quotation marks bothers you...I bother you, in general...I'm hip to that.
It's okay...I hold no ill will. It doesn't matter...I like you anyway.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,233,309 times
I think you should just scrap the whole thing and adopt a good system like the parliamentary system. Canada would even let you use our constitution if you asked nicely!!! LOL

Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM

10,495 posts, read 10,124,095 times
Quote:

Well let's see, the 18th amendment created Prohibition and that amendment was passed on January 16, 1919, 14 years later the 21st amendment was passed on December 5, 1933 which repealed Prohibition. Now the 18th may have made alcohol illegal but it didn't stop people from drinking it, the 21st amendment repealed it and made it legal again. So the people can make a difference.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality