U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,934 posts, read 4,309,181 times
Reputation: 1158

Advertisements

No response?
I'm going to have to think both the ACS and the FBB are corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2011, 09:15 PM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,154,005 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
No response?
I'm going to have to think both the ACS and the FBB are corrupt.
I'm sorry, I don't have much more to say on the subject. I don't like either of them - for reasons I've already stated. May they both become bywords among the nations and their places of stateliness the haunts of jackals and ostriches! May the mention of their name bring a hiss from the people. May they forever be an abomination unto Whoppers. May they be devoured by the dinosaur of retribution: Daemonosaurus chauliodus! All may bow now, or face his fugly-toothed maw of justice.



RAWWRR!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,221,279 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
No response?
I'm going to have to think both the ACS and the FBB are corrupt.
Under what premise do you believe the Foundation Beyond Belief is corrupt? They were blocked at every turn by the ACA from participating as any type of organized group whatsoever. The ACA would take their money, but only if the ACA didn't have to give them credit for it. That's bullcrap.

Here's a response to that letter you posted:

An Open Letter to Reuel Johnson of the American Cancer Society
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,934 posts, read 4,309,181 times
Reputation: 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Under what premise do you believe the Foundation Beyond Belief is corrupt? They were blocked at every turn by the ACA from participating as any type of organized group whatsoever. The ACA would take their money, but only if the ACA didn't have to give them credit for it. That's bullcrap.

Here's a response to that letter you posted:

An Open Letter to Reuel Johnson of the American Cancer Society
It's obvious now that the FBB is a corporation; just like AT&T and other organizations who's sole purpose is profit.

It's odd that the FBB is a non-profit corporation.

Still, We all know why ACS placated to the pagan-like attitudes of the Christians. Most of their constituents and donors are very sick for immortality, even if that means selling their souls to a spiritual creature whom they hardly even know anything about. The FBB should have understood this was going to happen. Theists are mostly evil.

It's quite a coincidence that the rules changed only after considerations were taken to make sure the ACS did not recognize the FBB; and that although FBB is a corporation, they were still denied.

Quote:
I do agree with you that “saving lives is what it is all about.” I simply believe we can accomplish that and be fair at the same time.


Sincerely,
Todd Stiefel
I am not blaming all of ACS, only the corrupt leadership it currently has.

We need to save the ACS, so that eventually, there wont be any need for such an organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 AM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,934 posts, read 4,309,181 times
Reputation: 1158
The FBB's own greed is their undoing, they wanted to show off against the theists (or just show, because atheist organizations were already raising lots of money as disunited groups) and thus planned to give to a corrupt organization... horrible mistake. I have heard that the corrupt leaders of the ACS do NOTHING for Cancer Research, instead, they pay their retired CEO 1.4 million dollars a year and waste most of the raised money on parties (relays). In one year they rasied 400 million, only 60million of which was spent on cancer research. CORPORATE PAWNS.

The American Cancer Society: The World's Wealthiest "Nonprofit" Institution

Charity Review of American Cancer Society.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=6495

I seriously don't understand why people don't just donate directly to their desired causes... Middlemen are not a good thing!!

Quote:
Name Title Compensation % of Expenses
John Seffrin Chief Executive Officer $914,906 0.09%
Other Salaries of Note William Barram National Vice President of Divisional Services, Retired $1,550,705 0.15%
Donald Thomas Deputy CEO, Retired $1,407,719 0.14%












I must say though, the Relays are awesome.




The Cancer Research Institute is much better.

Still, as the background links show, FBB only wanted to let people know that atheists are more generous than theists. That's not very kind for the theists, who are the majority of people being cursed by Cancer.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...efel/?from_rss

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-30-2011 at 12:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,370,174 times
Reputation: 5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Still, as the background links show, FBB only wanted to let people know that atheists are more generous than theists. That's not very kind for the theists, who are the majority of people being cursed by Cancer.
I don't agree with that at all. It isn't a contest. Atheists only wanted to help. And atheiists get cancer too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2011, 01:55 PM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,154,005 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I don't agree with that at all. It isn't a contest. Atheists only wanted to help. And atheiists get cancer too.
I think it's been shown pretty conclusively that the Atheists want to do more than simply help cancer research - they want their name acknowledged in some stupid Atheist vs Christian pissing contest. If this wasn't an issue - this thread wouldn't exist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,221,279 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I think it's been shown pretty conclusively that the Atheists want to do more than simply help cancer research - they want their name acknowledged in some stupid Atheist vs Christian pissing contest. If this wasn't an issue - this thread wouldn't exist!
No, it isn't an atheist vs christer pissing contest. Take a look at the groups that ACS allows to participate as groups -- they're not by any means all christians. The issue is that atheists as a group are not allowed to participate against any other group in this challenge, christian or otherwise, no matter how many hoops they were willing to jump through or how much matched money they were offering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
 
1 posts, read 786 times
Reputation: 10
why would anyone want to be an athiest? i understand if they want to get away from corruption but why escape to a belief of nothing. To me that makes life kind of sad and miserable, if you have nothing to believe in or look foward to then why even bother living? just recycle yourself and be a tree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,154,005 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_51 View Post
why would anyone want to be an athiest? i understand if they want to get away from corruption but why escape to a belief of nothing. To me that makes life kind of sad and miserable, if you have nothing to believe in or look foward to then why even bother living? just recycle yourself and be a tree
For your first post, it's kind of off-topic.
This thread isn't about the merits of choosing belief over non-belief...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top