Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The FBB should donate to the cause of fighting cancer and forget about participating in the Relay for Life. Grow up and realize which is the more important cause.
The American Cancer Society has already made it clear they don't want our money. Personally, I found a couple of non-denominational charities where all my donations are going now, and it's not to cancer research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 01:45 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Another person who entirely misses the point. What a surprise.

Oh, I get your point of this thread...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
The FBB should donate to the cause of fighting cancer and forget about participating in the Relay for Life. Grow up and realize which is the more important cause.
Interesting... are Christian groups participating in Relay for Life? I supose they wouldn't, would they? since they are all so "grown up and realized". who should grow up here? members of FBB? or the Christians who would demonize Relay for Life if it allowed the FBB to participate? It's pretty obvious that its the Christians who are the children. The Relays I have attended are pretty secular, other than the leaded prayers and quotes for those who are ill with the desire for immortality, such things are very disturbing to atheists...just like if Hindus brought a bunch of statues in would be disturbing to many Christians.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:24 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Interesting... are Christian groups participating in Relay for Life? I supose they wouldn't, would they? since they are all so "grown up and realized". who should grow up here? members of FBB? or the Christians who would demonize Relay for Life if it allowed the FBB to participate? It's pretty obvious that its the Christians who are the children. The Relays I have attended are pretty secular, other than the leaded prayers and quotes for those who are ill with the desire for immortality, such things are very disturbing to atheists...just like if Hindus brought a bunch of statues in would be disturbing to many Christians.
Are you serious? Forget about the relay.

The important thing is to donate to cancer research. I don't care for any group, be they the American Cancer Society or the FBB, who puts appearances ABOVE donations to a good cause?

Just donate!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
The American Cancer Society has already made it clear they don't want our money. Personally, I found a couple of non-denominational charities where all my donations are going now, and it's not to cancer research.
From the link...
Quote:
To summarize everything, Todd and Foundation Beyond Belief are able to run local teams and we can still do the Matching Challenge, but the American Cancer Society won’t recognize us nationally.
It will still take the FBB donation which is the way I read this. The ACS won't recognize the FBB; so what? The desire for recognition or donation to cancer research; I have an idea which is a more noble cause.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Are you serious? Forget about the relay.

The important thing is to donate to cancer research. I don't care for any group, be they the American Cancer Society or the FBB, who puts appearances ABOVE donations to a good cause?

Just donate!!!!!!!!!!!
Ummm NO, persecution is worse then cancer! these atheists of the FBB do not even want to participate in the Relay to spread Atheism, merely to participate in the relay and be seen as equals. The persecuation of atheists by the descendants of pagans is a far greater problem then the ACS's coffers. there are plenty of other ways to fight against cancer then by supporting the ACS's placation to pagan-like intolerance.

Christians are evil, corrupt hypocrites as they clearly demonstrate by such actions as those of the ACS. How would Christians organizations like it if they were told "just give us the money, stop thinking that we need to treat your beliefs in a fair and equal way" They wouldn't! Such Hypocrites would riot in the streets and complain to government and proclaim the ACS a Satanic organization.

What happened to that sweet "golden rule" that your religion supposedly teaches you and which atheists "by having no transcendant source for their morality" lack believe in? Always, it seems, it is scholars and scholarly atheists who follow this rule and Christians who ignore it at their convinience.

Mercury Cougar, the FBB should draw as much attention as possible to this decision to placate to intolerance by the ACS... perhaps if you attend/participate in the Relays anyway and write many letters to Congress and Obama and The Courts and The Press, and The Schools, and The Churches, and open-letters to The People, and also perhaps wear shirts that say "GOLDEN RULE: Recognize us!" then the persecution of atheists by the descendants of pagans will stop.

If the ACS was truely a good organization they would be Secular, and would not establish policies respecting some religious, agnostic, and secular establishments, yet not the atheist ones.

grown up enough for you, geofra?

I think your point is very obvious kingdomcome, "intolerance is key: I'll persecute you, but dare you not persecute me" a.k.a. pagan-like hypocrisy, which is common to religionists, whom our Founders wrote and fought against. It is a disgrace that the ACS has that first letter in it's abreviation, let alone that first word in its name. Its leaders should repent quickly against their vile, ungodly decision.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-11-2011 at 02:09 AM..

Old 09-11-2011, 04:31 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
From your link.....
"Based on what I know of the story, here’s my imagined, scripted version of how the conversation went."

Old 09-11-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Ummm NO, persecution is worse then cancer! these atheists of the FBB do not even want to participate in the Relay to spread Atheism, merely to participate in the relay and be seen as equals. The persecuation of atheists by the descendants of pagans is a far greater problem then the ACS's coffers. there are plenty of other ways to fight against cancer then by supporting the ACS's placation to pagan-like intolerance.

Christians are evil, corrupt hypocrites as they clearly demonstrate by such actions as those of the ACS. How would Christians organizations like it if they were told "just give us the money, stop thinking that we need to treat your beliefs in a fair and equal way" They wouldn't! Such Hypocrites would riot in the streets and complain to government and proclaim the ACS a Satanic organization.

What happened to that sweet "golden rule" that your religion supposedly teaches you and which atheists "by having no transcendant source for their morality" lack believe in? Always, it seems, it is scholars and scholarly atheists who follow this rule and Christians who ignore it at their convinience.

Mercury Cougar, the FBB should draw as much attention as possible to this decision to placate to intolerance by the ACS... perhaps if you attend/participate in the Relays anyway and write many letters to Congress and Obama and The Courts and The Press, and The Schools, and The Churches, and open-letters to The People, and also perhaps wear shirts that say "GOLDEN RULE: Recognize us!" then the persecution of atheists by the descendants of pagans will stop.

If the ACS was truely a good organization they would be Secular, and would not establish policies respecting some religious, agnostic, and secular establishments, yet not the atheist ones.

grown up enough for you, geofra?

I think your point is very obvious kingdomcome, "intolerance is key: I'll persecute you, but dare you not persecute me" a.k.a. pagan-like hypocrisy, which is common to religionists, whom our Founders wrote and fought against. It is a disgrace that the ACS has that first letter in it's abreviation, let alone that first word in its name. Its leaders should repent quickly against their vile, ungodly decision.

Jesus Christ, LT! i'm just questioning why it matters how the donation is made as long as the donation is made. In my eyes, that is much more important than making one's presence known.

I think your persecution complex has clouded your judgement. I suggest that you fight the power somewhere else than against charitable organizations.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ, LT! i'm just questioning why it matters how the donation is made as long as the donation is made. In my eyes, that is much more important than making one's presence known.
In my mind Christians should stop being such hyprocites, that is more important then having their name mentioned in the National raisers list. Yet I don't see any Christian groups "only donating" in support of human dignity of the members of the FBB. The fruits of the fake Christians are spoiled rotten and stink up the whole thing.
Quote:

I think your persecution complex has clouded your judgement. I suggest that you fight the power somewhere else than against charitable organizations.
Why is the ACS denying the FBB's official participation? I am no atheist. There is no persecution complex here, Christians commonly accept the superiority of good Agnostics. We are not sick. It seams your denial of the Golden Rule has clouded YOUR judgement. And if you had actually understood my post you would have seen that I did not ask Mercury to write letters to the charitable organizations, but instead to the Government and to the Churches to outline the hypocrisy and pagan-like unfairness of the LEADERS of ACS, they should be fined and removed.

Do not placate to the apathy and lack of empathy of people like geofra, Mercury Cougar you and the FBB must not allow the ACS to remain so corrupt!! help the ACS!! fight against this placation to Christian hate! the FBB should definately participate in the Relays anyway... and wear those shirts, see what the ACS corrupt leaders chose to do. If they don't accept your money (as they are denying you official participation, and those will not allow you to donate as the FBB) then just proclaim how much you raised and give the money to a better anti-cancer association, if the corrupt leaders of the ACS are not removed.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-11-2011 at 06:13 PM..

Old 09-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Hey LT...

Donate, OK?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality