U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,215,428 times

Advertisements

If you feel as strongly as I do about this subject, please sign the petition at the bottom of the article.

When Teachers Destroy Education

Basically there is a history teacher in a public school in Florida, who openly proselytizes while he teaches, openly states in class that LGBT people should be killed, removes anything from his prescribed history curriculum that he thinks conflicts with his backwards ignorant religious beliefs, et cetera.

We do not need this kind of person teaching children in our public schools. Please help us remove him from his position of influence over impressionable youths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 AM

2,949 posts, read 2,253,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
If you feel as strongly as I do about this subject, please sign the petition at the bottom of the article.

When Teachers Destroy Education

Basically there is a history teacher in a public school in Florida, who openly proselytizes while he teaches, openly states in class that LGBT people should be killed, removes anything from his prescribed history curriculum that he thinks conflicts with his backwards ignorant religious beliefs, et cetera.

We do not need this kind of person teaching children in our public schools. Please help us remove him from his position of influence over impressionable youths.
Jerry Buell didn't cry. He threw up in disgust. On July 25th, he was watching the news while eating dinner, and a story about marriage equality in New York came on, which included a photograph of two men kissing at their marriage ceremony. This is apparently sufficiently revolting to Buell to give him difficulty holding down his dinner. Enraged by this public display of equality, Buell took to Facebook, on which he is "friends" with several of his students, to lament his marriage being insulted by having been thrown in "the same cesspool as same-sex whatever!" He wonders: "When did this sin become acceptable??? [sic]" and describes to everyone how gay people make his esophagus work in reverse.

Wow. That school board needs an enema! STAT! They need to clean house immediatley!
The school stated hiring Buell was like hiring Jesus Christ....lol...Jesus Christ allright, Jesus Christ in their opinion is more like it.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Jerry Buell didn't cry. He threw up in disgust. On July 25th, he was watching the news while eating dinner, and a story about marriage equality in New York came on, which included a photograph of two men kissing at their marriage ceremony. This is apparently sufficiently revolting to Buell to give him difficulty holding down his dinner. Enraged by this public display of equality, Buell took to Facebook, on which he is "friends" with several of his students, to lament his marriage being insulted by having been thrown in "the same cesspool as same-sex whatever!" He wonders: "When did this sin become acceptable??? [sic]" and describes to everyone how gay people make his esophagus work in reverse.

Wow. That school board needs an enema! STAT! They need to clean house immediatley!
The school stated hiring Buell was like hiring Jesus Christ....lol...Jesus Christ allright, Jesus Christ in their opinion is more like it.
Such an example of Christ-like behavior, eh?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,575,433 times
I dream of a world where religion isn't so pervasive. I can dream, can't I? I think religious people that brainwash kids should be interviewed by Child Protective Services. I signed the petition.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:35 AM

7,860 posts, read 6,668,091 times
Actually this ignorant doctrine of hate is Not of Jesus Christ , because he author His children to `Love your neighbor as your self `..and the neighbor is everyone in the entire world, no exceptions..... See this hate doctrine come from antichrist how opposes Jesus and his commandments were man in the church do not rid himself of these evil spirit who manipulate him by poor logic ......Jesus called his children Not to judge others or condemn others or they will be judged or condemned....... Jesus has a different plan and that plan is for all people who come to Him or redemption then Jesus spirit will remove all sin that is bothering them, thorough the spirit

Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 AM

34,541 posts, read 8,904,414 times
While I agree you sentiments, the trouble is an old problem - that 'Love' can be applied to a lot of things, including immoderate campaigns against persons and their lifestyles which the 'loving' person sincerely feels have to be modifies by legal coercion if necessary to conform with his own preferences. Such a person makes my dinner unsettled.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 AM

12,440 posts, read 14,569,865 times
He sure wouldn't be "teaching" ANY of my kids.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 AM

1,460 posts, read 1,611,586 times
Because the public school system forgets the children are there to learn the three R's...its about time to abolish it.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually this ignorant doctrine of hate is Not of Jesus Christ , because he author His children to `Love your neighbor as your self `..and the neighbor is everyone in the entire world, no exceptions..... See this hate doctrine come from antichrist how opposes Jesus and his commandments were man in the church do not rid himself of these evil spirit who manipulate him by poor logic ......Jesus called his children Not to judge others or condemn others or they will be judged or condemned....... Jesus has a different plan and that plan is for all people who come to Him or redemption then Jesus spirit will remove all sin that is bothering them, thorough the spirit
Here we go again with the No True Scotsman fallacy. I do wish you guys would come up with a new defense once in a while.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM

12,440 posts, read 14,569,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Because the public school system forgets the children are there to learn the three R's...its about time to abolish it.
I agree with you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or