U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:19 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,775,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Morality is acquired from your parents and societal norms and mores. It is not built-in except as a propensity to follow the instructions of the people tending to your needs as a child.
Are you thus saying there are no absolute moral laws which ALL people are subjected to ?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:24 AM

9,415 posts, read 11,327,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Are you thus saying there are no absolute moral laws which ALL people are subjected to ?
That is exactly what I am saying. Morals are a social construct.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:31 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,282,936 times
Hey, that's where I lived in NC! Yep, that's the place where people told me I was deaf-blind because God was punishing me for practicing homosexuality. The one time I went to a town hall event, which was not advertised as religious-affiliated at all, it started off with a half-hour long prayer/sermon.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:33 AM

7,050 posts, read 4,341,519 times
Quote:
No...it was our Creator who decreed what is sin and people are supposed to want to obey and respect that for our OWN protection (individually and for an entire nation) . Further, everyone knows what is right from wrong and because we chose to suppress our moral conscience so we can do as we like , doesnt change something that is wrong to right and permissable. Lastly, its not a Political Party preference...for, i know Democrats that refuse to buy into the national dumbing down of America when it comes to immoral/sexually deviant lifestyle choices (aka: Cesspool of Sin) .
It is science that reveals the Creator and Sustainer's laws, it is science that tells us the consequences of our actions. Our "conscience" knows as much about what is right and wrong, as it cares about fitting desire with perceived information. I can assure you that there is no morality that is being suppressed at all, but those that are filled with hate and misconceptions. The most immoral and deviant lifestyle is the religionist one when it includes the denial of science. The dumbing down of America only includes the denial of science, which has given us so much which we take for granted.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:39 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,828,835 times
Are they going to put up a big sign at the city limits? WELCOME TO ASHEVILLE...CESSPOOL OF SIN. (Surely the Chamber of Commerce could come up with a marketing campaign that would draw in lots of tourists! Perhaps even a new theme park...hey, I just gave away a multimillion dollar idea, didn't I?)

Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,322,222 times
Maybe they can add something to this....................

Ashvegas - Ashvegas

Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM

30,046 posts, read 30,801,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Maybe they can add something to this....................
Or change the name from Ashville to "Assville"?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,242,926 times
Quote:
No...it was our Creator who decreed what is sin and people are supposed to want to obey and respect that for our OWN protection (individually and for an entire nation) . Further, everyone knows what is right from wrong and because we chose to suppress our moral conscience so we can do as we like , doesnt change something that is wrong to right and permissable. Lastly, its not a Political Party preference...for, i know Democrats that refuse to buy into the national dumbing down of America when it comes to immoral/sexually deviant lifestyle choices (aka: Cesspool of Sin) .
Interesting though, that according to you people, humans didn't know right from wrong until Eve ate from the tree of knowledge -- which your god apparently forbid because he didn't want humans to know the difference between good and evil -- but which she'd have no way of knowing that it was a "bad" thing to do until after she did it. Talk about a sadistic catch-22 trap put in place by your god.

If your god existed there's sin in the world because your god knowingly put it here. Knowingly created people that he knew would sin, and then punished his imperfect creations for his own shortcomings: the fault of being created imperfectly by their cruel deity.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,322,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Or change the name from Ashville to "Assville"?
Or Boobieville for we have recently had a number of topless demonstrations on the main square downtown, which by the way is perfectly legal in NC, as there is no law that prevents women from baring their breasts in public.

Needless to say the local republican politicos, spittle spraying preachers, and the buffoons with buy bulls in hand have been having fits of apoplexy, holding counter demonstrations, which of course resulted in women again going topless.

And since no laws were broken, the cops just took it all in.

I won't post a link as but you can Google "topless in Asheville" Remember, no laws were broken

The irony is, this is the shape of the roof of City Hall

and it's pink

Last edited by Asheville Native; 09-10-2011 at 12:57 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 12:45 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,971,291 times
Quote:
I'm a firm believer that moral decadence should be spread throughout the land. All people should enjoy themselves without the worry of what any stupid gods want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or