Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,496,575 times

Advertisements

This Human Being is sole caregiver for his companion with cancer. We are near our 6th week of cancer and chemo treatments. Would another Human Being care to answer this question:

What is the greatest gift one can give to one's loved one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 09:34 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,242,800 times
Default Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

This feeling comes from many sources and not by any means from any individual culture or church.

We all share in it.

To foster this move towards enlightenment and peaceful love towards others, one merely has to let go of rampant ego.

we're all still in the same boat
Wow, wow, and more wow!!!

--Please know that June's spirit dances with you, along with eveyone else, within that circle...

Thank you, Redbird.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:42 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,242,800 times
Quote:
This Human Being is sole caregiver for his companion with cancer. We are near our 6th week of cancer and chemo treatments. Would another Human Being care to answer this question:

Oh, dear Redbird...

Simply this: your presence, holding them.

Take gentle care,
June

Old 08-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Dear Human Being-

Why do the non-human beings smell one another upon meeting, yet human beings don't?
snniiiiifff ! *sniff-sniff...SNORT!! I smell Hiffypoo!!

Dearest Hiffypooo,

I regret to inform you, I have smelled other Human Beings upon meeting them. The odoriferous aroma of armpit, crack, and other damp places can be daunting.

C'mere and smell me back. Mmmmm, fresh, eh? I love the smell of HIF in the morning. It smells like.... bacon rinds on a hot day.

Olfactorily yours,

Redbird

Old 08-25-2007, 11:43 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,996,218 times
Quote:

I'm sorry I missed this until now Redbird...the single most important thing one can offer a loved one is LOVE!

Other than that, are you more talking a physical gift? Any gift is GOLDEN if given in LOVE!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 AM

122 posts, read 384,717 times
Quote:
Dear Non-infidel Human Being,

I would never call you Infidel, Throx. I merely used that word to illustrate the point that other humans besides christians condemn. P.S. What does Throx mean?

Dear Human Being person,

I'm glad you didn't call me infidel, and of course you are right that Christians don't have a monopoly on condemnation.

Throx was a fictitious charactor in a non-published science fiction book writing attempt, by a friend of mine. I have a similarity to the character because my friend based it on me. That was years ago, in a galaxie far far away.

Peace to you oh great one.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,462,343 times
Quote:

Stand, sit and lay beside that loved one, be part of him, let him be part of you and absorb your love, your comfort and your tenderness. Allow yourself to listen to him speak of his fears, pain and his joy for your love....I wish only the best for both of you..

Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 PM

329 posts, read 1,097,414 times
Quote:

My .02

Time... give them your Time...

Old 08-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Default The Greatest Gift...

Funny how this question evoked answers from the female posters. Thank you June, Kawg, Blue, and, Desiree.

I have found being a caregiver brings a strange new insight into what most mothers must feel.

A mother has to:
To watch their baby throw up and have diahrea in the middle of the night and wonder what you can give them. To search for foods their stomach can handle as they grow sicker.

Mothers know:
Clutter grows in leaps and bounds! No one is going to do the laundry, shop for basic essentials, empty trash, write bills, answer relatives phone calls and as a mother leaves out the door, she has to wonder if she left anything undone in the house.

God Bless My Mother and all mothers on CD Forum for all you do that we men forget to acknowledge.

My gifts include, but not limited to:
I give my ear to his aches and pains, my courage to make him fight harder through pain, my love of life and will to live to give him a reason to live, my continued prayers when he is asleep, and oddly enough, I give him space to allow him to grow.

This Human Being has learned more in the past six weeks about life, love, and compassion than one could ever imagined would be learned from cancer. I no longer HATE cancer, like a child, now I accept it and we keep moving forward. Religion and Philosophy thread was my therapy to keep my mind from self pity. Thank you all for your PM's.

P.S. HIF, I did not mean you smelled like pork rinds on a hot day. I meant I have smelled like pork rinds on a hot day.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,996,218 times
Many prayers from me and blessings and mercies from God!

It is so wonderful to see how selfless some people can still be! I thank God for people like YOU Redbird!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality