U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
 
4,172 posts, read 5,895,190 times
Reputation: 1199

Advertisements

OP: I thought this was a very interesting question to ask in the Christianity section. I got popcorn, waited...... but then the thread was moved.

I wonder if any "not-pro" christ activity makes you an antichrist - would people / preists / followers/ of all other religions also qualify to be anti-christ? Is Buddha now in hell because he did not accept Christ?

Last edited by calmdude; 09-11-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2011, 03:00 PM
 
3,739 posts, read 500,642 times
Reputation: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Wow, I didn't realize this would be such a tough question. It (he/she/they), the a/c obviously instill a great deal of fear; resulting in name calling and a number of irrational responses .............. yet no one seems to provide even a vague description

One even went as far to call me the anti-christ (deleted, but not at my request) for that was really a complement to the power of the reality of the truth I post. Is the the truth that scary?
The reason is "the anti-christ" is not something that is explicitly stated in scripture - it is made up from taking references to anti-christ in 1 & 2 John with references in Revelation about "the beast" and adding them together.

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jn 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.


1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.


2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him,
whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The reason why nobody can tell you about the characteristics of "the Anti-christ" is because it/he/she/they is not specifically described in scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,432,166 times
Reputation: 8272
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
The reason is "the anti-christ" is not something that is explicitly stated in scripture - it is made up from taking references to anti-christ in 1 & 2 John with references in Revelation about "the beast" and adding them together.
<bible blather omitted>.................
The reason why nobody can tell you about the characteristics of "the Anti-christ" is because it/he/she/they is not specifically described in scripture.
Not explicitly stated not specifically described

Yet seems to generate paralyzing fear.............. in some at least

It sounds like this hasn't been thought through in the slightest, someone said "boo" and everyone ran in panic, without reason.

One poster even called me, and even a believer the anti-christ in a post that has since been deleted. Do I qualify?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,938,884 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Long running thread about this anit-christ............

Is the anti-christ viewed as a deity (supernatural powers, etc.)......... thus being a god? Surely something that invokes such fear cannot be mortal.

How do you propose to recognize this anti-christ?

What powers does the anit-christ have?

Is the anti-christ singular or plural?

In my view, the anti-christ is twofold; one, it it simply an atititude. You just don't believe in Christ.
Secondly, the bible speaks of a Great False Prophet who is to come right before the end of days. He will have this atititude of not believing in Jesus, so he will be an anti-christ, and a powerful world leader with great influence- this influence is said to come directly from the devil. His power will be in politics, government, media, military, and the people will think that he is the future of humanitys true direction of peace in the world.

Yet its hard to understand this personage, but he will be human, and a world leader. Very famous, very likable, very influencial, perhaps rich; but he will defintely have an incredible evil streak in him; saying " Him", I think he will be a male. As people flocked to Hitler, the whole world will like this dude. So he will be an incredible exceptional human being.

I wish I live to see this dude, he must be quite something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
 
3,739 posts, read 500,642 times
Reputation: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Not explicitly stated not specifically described

Yet seems to generate paralyzing fear.............. in some at least

It sounds like this hasn't been thought through in the slightest, someone said "boo" and everyone ran in panic, without reason.

One poster even called me, and even a believer the anti-christ in a post that has since been deleted. Do I qualify?
or has there been too much thinking? it is like adding 2+2(a) where you do not know for certain what (a) equals

Yes I saw that post and that comment comes directly from this
Quote:
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
You certainly are a person who is not for Christ ---- ie anti Christ

but if you look at this scripture
Quote:
as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
those that are anti-christ start out pro-christ......... so it is left to interpretation.

I personally do not think that makes you evil or of the devil (just not a christian) .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
 
5,187 posts, read 5,487,013 times
Reputation: 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
In my view, the anti-christ is twofold; one, it it simply an atititude. You just don't believe in Christ.
Secondly, the bible speaks of a Great False Prophet who is to come right before the end of days. He will have this atititude of not believing in Jesus, so he will be an anti-christ, and a powerful world leader with great influence- this influence is said to come directly from the devil. His power will be in politics, government, media, military, and the people will think that he is the future of humanitys true direction of peace in the world.

Yet its hard to understand this personage, but he will be human, and a world leader. Very famous, very likable, very influencial, perhaps rich; but he will defintely have an incredible evil streak in him; saying " Him", I think he will be a male. As people flocked to Hitler, the whole world will like this dude. So he will be an incredible exceptional human being.

I wish I live to see this dude, he must be quite something.

The anti-christ will definitely be a charismatic being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,159 posts, read 30,963,844 times
Reputation: 12270
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
The anti-christ will definitely be a charismatic being.
Square Pants Sponge Bob?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
5,807 posts, read 5,657,781 times
Reputation: 5049
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Square Pants Sponge Bob?
I'm really hoping it's me..............

Just think! This is all part of God's "plan", therefore somebody has to be the antichrist.

And out of all the people who have ever lived and are living now, if it could be little 'ole Eddie. I'd feel pretty special in God's eyes you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 04:36 PM
 
4,172 posts, read 5,895,190 times
Reputation: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Square Pants Sponge Bob?
You must be kidding - Mr. Bob blew it a long time ago.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US right attacks SpongeBob video

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/20/po.../20sponge.html

Last edited by calmdude; 09-11-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
 
591 posts, read 548,755 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Long running thread about this anit-christ............

Is the anti-christ viewed as a deity (supernatural powers, etc.)......... thus being a god? Surely something that invokes such fear cannot be mortal.

How do you propose to recognize this anti-christ?

What powers does the anit-christ have?

Is the anti-christ singular or plural?

False teachings that lie about the divinity of Christ. The word Christ means "annointed one". Inventing a false religion that teaches that Jesus is not the son of God, and teaches that the whole crucifixion thing was staged and Jesus decieved people into thinking he sufferend and defeated death. That is antichrist in nature. The antichrist is Someone who is a self proclaimed prophet of Allah. A religion whose people claims is a religion of peace and love, but it's true nature is perverted, oppressive and murderous. A true abomination and perversion of God. A false religion that forces hate and intolerance towards all that is holy, and love and tolerance towards all that is evil. A false religion that obstructs people from having a loving relationship with the one true God of the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top