U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:15 PM

591 posts, read 544,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So he professes to be religious and plays the "god talks to me" card and his actions mean nothing, the blood on his hands, the destruction of this country, the loss of freedoms due to his fear mongering.

You couldn't recognize the anti-christ if it were a pit bull with a jaw full of your arse.

Actually, aside from lying about Jesus, Islam makes it illigal to convert to christianity or else be killed. The Koran teaches that anyone following the Jesus of the NT is to burn in Hell. That's about as antichrist as you can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 PM

44 posts, read 54,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
an∑tipreposition /ˈanˌtī/  /ˈantē/ 

1. Opposed to; against
    • - I'm anti the abuse of drink and the hassle that it causes

noun /ˈanˌtī/  /ˈantē/ 
antis, plural
  1. A person opposed to a particular policy, activity, or idea
    • - a shadow army of antis who endanger your sport

adjective /ˈanˌtī/  /ˈantē/ 

Opposed
  • - neither side in the debate, whether anti or pro, has offered a particularly convincing case
Anti-christ would mean those who oppose or are against Christ.

The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7. The Apostle John was the only Bible writer to use the name antichrist. Studying these verses, we learn that many antichrists (false teachers) will appear between the time of Christ's first and Second Coming, but there will be one great antichrist who will rise to power during the end times, or "last hour," as 1 John phrases it. He will deny that Jesus is the Christ. He will deny both God the Father and God the Son. He will be a liar and a deceiver.

1 John 4:1-3 says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world."

By the end times, many will easily be deceived and embrace the antichrist because his spirit will already dwell within the world.

2 Thessalonians 2

1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Donít let anyone deceive you in any way, for [that day will not come] until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in Godís temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
5Donít you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
"...but there will be one great antichrist who will rise to power during the end times, or "last hour," as 1 John phrases it."

Where in any of the Apostle's great Epistles is the above statement referenced?

You are correct when you write that "The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7. The Apostle John was the only Bible writer to use the name antichrist." However, upon closer examination of the Scriptures, it would appear that John had in mind not "one great", but "many" such liars/deceivers/deniers. To whit:

2:18"...As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come..." 2:19aTheywent out from us, but they did not belong to us..." 2:19b"...they made it plain that none of them belongs to us."

2:22"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son."

4:2"...every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist..."

IIJohn7"Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; ANY--SUCH-- PERSON--IS--THE--DECEIVER--AND--THE ANTICHRIST!

Kindly,

Ciao.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poliutox2 View Post
"...but there will be one great antichrist who will rise to power during the end times, or "last hour," as 1 John phrases it."

Where in any of the Apostle's great Epistles is the above statement referenced?

You are correct when you write that "The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7. The Apostle John was the only Bible writer to use the name antichrist." However, upon closer examination of the Scriptures, it would appear that John had in mind not "one great", but "many" such liars/deceivers/deniers. To whit:

2:18"...As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come..." 2:19aTheywent out from us, but they did not belong to us..." 2:19b"...they made it plain that none of them belongs to us."

2:22"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son."

4:2"...every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist..."

IIJohn7"Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; ANY--SUCH-- PERSON--IS--THE--DECEIVER--AND--THE ANTICHRIST!

Kindly,

Ciao.

Wow, what you posted and quoted here fits it to a T. Muhammad teaching of Jesus not being the son of God, and teaching that Jesus never suffered and died and came to life, is all I needed to be completely convinced. All the rest of your post and quote here backs it up in more ways than I have realized. Wow.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 PM

4,339 posts, read 5,159,916 times
One clear indicator of an anti-Christ might be that he tells His followers a kindly parable on how they should treat their servants with compassion and sympathy. . . . ya know, the exact opposite of how pro-Christ recommended whipping: Luke 12:47.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,695,423 times

That confirms it I AM the antichrist!

Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Wow, what you posted and quoted here fits it to a T. Muhammad teaching of Jesus not being the son of God, and teaching that Jesus never suffered and died and came to life, is all I needed to be completely convinced. All the rest of your post and quote here backs it up in more ways than I have realized. Wow.
I'm humbled, friend. More than happy to shed some light in the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Ciao...

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poliutox2 View Post
I'm humbled, friend. More than happy to shed some light in the debate.

Ciao...

I love the way it's written with the underlines. It should be put to Heavy Metal music and screamed out of an amplifier.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:21 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,250,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

OOoo.. OOoo.. OOoo.. me too ... me too

Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,277,974 times
Default boredatwork

Anti-christ= no room in reality for you....worshiper of an anti-christ= committing extinction.....there's either spiritual life after death or nothing...theres no place to burn in hell....you can either build up spiritual counterparts or there's nothing of survival value useful for future service in the afterlife...IF you truly want to do evil on earth NO being not even GOD is going to stop you...but after earth you might just be an after thought....

Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I love the way it's written with the underlines. It should be put to Heavy Metal music and screamed out of an amplifier.
Ha Ha Ha Ha! You really flatter me! Remember always, You and I, and others with like minds, will be just fine.

Forever yours,

Ciao!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality