U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 03:51 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,339,847 times

Advertisements

Long running thread about this anit-christ............

Is the anti-christ viewed as a deity (supernatural powers, etc.)......... thus being a god? Surely something that invokes such fear cannot be mortal.

How do you propose to recognize this anti-christ?

What powers does the anit-christ have?

Is the anti-christ singular or plural?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 06:25 PM

3,613 posts, read 471,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Is the anti-christ viewed as a deity (supernatural powers, etc.)......... thus being a god? Surely something that invokes such fear cannot be mortal.

"the anti-christ" seems to be an amalgamation taken from various scriptures.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:38 PM

7,896 posts, read 6,720,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned..
Moderator cut: orphaned Quoting from the bible does not make one prochrist or the other ...... See Antichrist is a fallen angel which looks thorough the spirit like a goat with two horns on His head .....people who it can influence he will say to them ``You are a friend to me``...... These two horns represents his authority which the Lord Jesus does not take ,,....This authority is the rejection of the commandments Jesus brought to the earth...which are Do not love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul...and do not love your neighbor as yourself.... and all the idols that keep these blaspheme against these commandment come from these antichrist........ Rationalism and legalism and criticizing the faith in the Words of Jesus and direct prophecy from the Lord is the Works of the flesh which gives rise to the authority of antichrist....... To take money and wealth to take precedence over people and look down on people breaks both commandment of Jesus and gives rise to the authority of antichrist ....... Holy Spirit represents the power and spirit of the Lord , so when Holy Spirit is rejected and blasphemed will give rise to the authority of antichrist...... The antichrist spirit will be removed from a person through the Prayers of the Blood of Jesus to this person who forsakes the antichrist will remove its influence over anybody ... Glory to God ....

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-10-2011 at 10:45 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,454,143 times
Quote:
The above contains zero content from the poster, but merely copy/paste scripted response, and is completely worthless.

Perhaps I should have requested that copy/paste of definitions of the word or meaningless passages of scripture cherry picked are not what I am looking for, but what people that fear the anti-christ actually fear, in their own words. I am probably more capable than many in crafting searches on Google, but that won't tell me what Joe christian actually thinks.

Like I told my grandsons when they were younger and exhibited frustration "use your words"

Similar responses to the above will be summarily ignored, for they are worthless, and say nothing, just blather from others to substitute your inability to express thoughts.
Christians do not fear the anti-christ, if one does fear they will easily be deceived.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:28 PM

1,220 posts, read 744,944 times
Default The Truth

Quote:

Do you believe in the Doctrine of Christ Resurrected ? A simple yes or no suffices to answer your questions.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 PM

12,975 posts, read 18,567,417 times
I love how so many assumptions on what this antichrist dude will be like usually can be traced back to occult sources like Nostradamus. In the New Testament, an antichrist was anyone who actively sought to disrupt or wipe out Christianity, not a singular uber-badguy. Plenty of scholars point to Nero's rule as the inspiration for the title "antichrist" itself.

Anway, we've gone over this before. I'm the antichrist because if you spell my name differently and run the numbers, you get 666. Pay me tribute, foolish simians or I will impart my wrath upon you all!!! Mwuhaaaaa!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Do you believe in the Doctrine of Christ Resurrected ?
No. It's all a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
A simple yes or no suffices to answer your questions.
Yet you offered not even that

It will take a bit more than yes or no.......... But they are simple questions yet seem to be difficult for believers to answer........... Why?

There is a long running thread obsessing on the anti-christ, over 1,200 posts and 12,000 views and yet no one has really answered my questions............ attacked...yes; tried to divert attention from the questions...yes; But really short on answers. Why?

Yes or no will be fine, elaborate if you want

If the anti-christ walked into the room, how would you recognize he/she/it as such? Horns, a tail, red glowing eyes............ describe. Use YOUR words, no copy/paste bible blather.

Really relates to a "yes" for the first question. Any powers a mortal human doesn't have?

1 or more, simple concept, but feel free to elaborate.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:13 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,391,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
That's the difference between you and me ... I live by GOD's word, not man's word.

How can you tell the difference?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Wow, I didn't realize this would be such a tough question. It (he/she/they), the a/c obviously instill a great deal of fear; resulting in name calling and a number of irrational responses .............. yet no one seems to provide even a vague description

One even went as far to call me the anti-christ (deleted, but not at my request) for that was really a complement to the power of the reality of the truth I post. Is the the truth that scary?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,454,143 times
There will be many anti-christs who will be deceivers, however there will be only one anti-christ in the last days known as the"son of perdition" and Harlot of BABYLON.

Ones who are believers who have their shield of armor will be able to defend themselves from evil and will not be deceived by the anti-christ.

There is nothing to fear when the Lord is on your side and we have the Holy Spirit from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality