U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,255,509 times

Advertisements

I would agree they are somewhat "cultish" in that regard, but by that standard, so too are Catholics and many other sects of Christianity, since they also have human-run hierarchies that claim some sort of divine inspiration or direct communication with God as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,281,007 times
Christ preached from door to door did he not? I think only two religious groups still do that today.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 PM

13,938 posts, read 9,691,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
....they are not much different from other Christian denominations such as Protestants, Pentecostals and Catholics.
...until you want to leave.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 PM

661 posts, read 1,031,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Christ preached from door to door did he not? I think only two religious groups still do that today.
Did he? Scripture please.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:08 PM

4,445 posts, read 5,191,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...until you want to leave.
My grandchild has been surrounded by their "truth" and I wonder whether that child will ever be able to leave as time goes by. In the mean time, those "Christians" are not allowing anyone, my son or anyone else, near the child. I'm not sure how tearing families apart is Christian behavior.

Here is an interesting link: http://4jehovah.org/?gclid=CKb62rnRpasCFRpkgwodJiJmCQ

Last edited by Heidi60; 09-17-2011 at 08:47 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,344,277 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
My grandchild has been surrounded by their "truth" and I wonder whether that child will ever be able to leave as time goes by. In the mean time, those "Christians" are not allowing anyone, my son or anyone else, near the child. I'm not sure how tearing families apart is Christian behavior.
Doesn't sound Like any JW's Ive ever heard f. What do you mean they tore the family apart? You mean they took the child away from its parents? That sounds more like a cult or sect to me. The mainstream doesn't do this sort of thing. Are they living in a compound or something?

It never fails to amaze me how peo[ple allow religious "leaders" to run their lives for them and even separate them from there children needlessly. Why doesn't your son just go and demand his childs return? Why doesn't he call the police?........Oh that's right, because then he would suffer the rath of God { sarcasticly rolling eyes }

Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 AM

10,351 posts, read 10,424,312 times
I've read and reread and I still struggle with the idea that this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
What is a Christan?, Christians are people who became believer of Lord Jesus Christ as their redeemers for their salvation ,,,,,were they are Christ like and Jesus is called the Christ, the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world ... So the Believers of Christ can have their sins taken away ,... so they need to repent and be born again in the spirit and Jesus Christ puts into His believers a new spirit compatible for receiving His blessing as the Temple of the Holy Spirit, thorough the baptism of the Holy Spirit, for the calling for good works in the purposes of the Lord Jesus Christ ........
is an answer to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Are Jehovia Witness Christian? I believe they are as after all they belive in Jesus. Some say they are an cult but they are not much different from other Christian denominations such as Protestants, Pentecostals and Catholics.
Can anybody enlighten me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality