U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM

3,486 posts, read 1,331,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
God created Brachiopods, thats why scientist cannot explain their orgin. As he created apes and humans as seperate species.

Interesting point concerning Atheist comming before the book of Romans, I agree. I believe the advent of Atheism was born out of our first recorded civilization, Egypt. Adam and Noah came 10,000 years before Egypt, so as I stated before, Theism came before Atheism. Belief came before unbelief, and is the stronger.
Explain why the human genome contains some of the same genes found in sponges. Explain why humans share 96% of their genome with chimpanzees.

Adam and Noah? OMG. Epic Fail!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Well after looking at your link, I see I was wrong, they were the first; and I found other links to confirm it. I apoligise for that, you were correct. The archaeology highly favors Egypt, but your point of later periods always being more advanced is well taken.
At least you are man enough to (partially) admit it. It's a start.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Oh no, I am not. I'll have it ready in a month or so- Saliva as a proof of God.
I suspect that this will be very similar to the "proof of god" another silly Christian found in peanut butter:

Peanut Butter Proves God Exists - YouTube

Enjoy

Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,092,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Well, Mickiel, that is the wonderful part about science. One can compose an hypothesis and then go out and test it. If it is not testable, it isn't a workable hyopthesis. Now, if you don't agree with these findings, go to the National Museum, request time to study the fossils in question, and then pose your own hypothesis that better fits the data.

As for your own proofs of god, they are so confused and full of logical fallacies that I would have to say that they don't actually constitute proof. The difference between your 'proof', and this evidence I've given you is that we actually have evidence that you can touch and study. Can we study your god first-hand? No? I didn't think so.

Oh yes you can, through confirmed biblical archaeology. They have it, but may not let you touch it. They say Jesus, the son of God didnot exist, but he did. We have the house of Mary and Martha, you can see and touch that, two of Jesus well known friends. We have the tomb of Lazarus. We have the river Jordan, where Jesus was baptised. The Via Dolorosa, the actual pavement he stood on before Pilate. The Damascus Gate, the actual one he was marched through on his way to being crucified. We have the bones of Simon the Cyrenian, who carried Jesus cross for him.

We have the actual bones of Caiaphas, the high priest who slapped him in the face before sending him to Pilate. We have the actual place where they killed him, Golgotha- The Place of the Skull." We have the tomb of his friend Joseph, you can touch that.

And we have the writen records of the historians Tertullian, Origen, Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pling the Younger, The Talmud, Lucian, Celsus, Sextus Julius Africanus and Tacitus. And you can study them first hand.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,092,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Explain why the human genome contains some of the same genes found in sponges. Explain why humans share 96% of their genome with chimpanzees.

Adam and Noah? OMG. Epic Fail!

Okay, I admit that blood precipitation test do indicate that the chimpanzee is our closest relative, but first you explain to me why milk chemistry test indicates that the Donkey is mans closest relative? Why does Cholestral level test indicate that the Garter snake is mans closest relative? Why does Tear enzyme chemistry indicate that the Chicken is our closest relative?

And when and if you can explain that, explain to me why on the basics of more blood chemistry test, that the " Butterbean" is mans closest relative?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 PM

20,897 posts, read 6,613,609 times
Quote:
Oh yes you can, through confirmed biblical archaeology. They have it, but may not let you touch it. They say Jesus, the son of God didnot exist, but he did. We have the house of Mary and Martha, you can see and touch that, two of Jesus well known friends. We have the tomb of Lazarus. We have the river Jordan, where Jesus was baptised. The Via Dolorosa, the actual pavement he stood on before Pilate. The Damascus Gate, the actual one he was marched through on his way to being crucified. We have the bones of Simon the Cyrenian, who carried Jesus cross for him.
Ignoring that many of these things we do not actually have, this is hardly compelling evidence for anything miraculous. Schliemann was able to discover the location of Troy based on evidence from Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. But that does not require us to also believe that a cyclops named Polyphemus hurls boulders at passing ships from the slopes of mount Etna, or that monsters named Scylla and Charybdis protect the Strait of Messina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel
And we have the writen records of the historians Tertullian, Origen, Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pling the Younger, The Talmud, Lucian, Celsus, Sextus Julius Africanus and Tacitus. And you can study them first hand.
Here you are on even shakier ground. Many of these "writings" have proven to be later Christian insertions. But again, that is neither here nor there.

The existence of a historical Jesus is no more evidence of his divinity than the existence of a historical Julius Caesar is evidence of his.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:

We have the actual bones of Caiaphas, the high priest who slapped him in the face before sending him to Pilate. We have the actual place where they killed him, Golgotha- The Place of the Skull." We have the tomb of his friend Joseph, you can touch that.

This is very amusing. We also have the Grand Canyon. That does not mean that Paul Bunyan actually existed. You are very confused. By the way, nearly every alleged biblical icon has been shown to either be a hoax (i.e., the shroud of Turin), have no meaningful provenience, or else was confused with something else.

We are also pretty sure that Sodom and Gomorrah existed. That doesn't mean that God destroyed them to punish lustful sinners. That that kind of lazy thinking is used to explain natural disasters even today.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM

20,897 posts, read 6,613,609 times
Quote:
Okay, I admit that blood precipitation test do indicate that the chimpanzee is our closest relative, but first you explain to me why milk chemistry test indicates that the Donkey is mans closest relative? Why does Cholestral level test indicate that the Garter snake is mans closest relative? Why does Tear enzyme chemistry indicate that the Chicken is our closest relative?
Milk chemistry does not indicate that the donkey is man's relative. Cholesterol level does not indicate that the garter snake is man's closest relative. And tear enzyme chemistry does not indicate the chicken is.

You have been rather badly misled.

There is on the other hand a genetic phenomenon called the endogenous retrovirus (ERV for short). They are remnants of ancient viral infections that are passed down from parent to child in our DNA molecule. If two individuals share identical ERVs, it is proof (a word I rarely use, but here it is appropriate) that they both descended from the individual that had the original viral infection.

Humans and chimpanzees share identical ERVs. It is proof that we share a common ancestor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel
And when and if you can explain that, explain to me why on the basics of more blood chemistry test, that the " Butterbean" is mans closest relative?
You really need to read less creationist propaganda. Butterbeans don't even have blood.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Simple. Those claims are made by other nutters who don't know what they are talking about or are simply lying (which is highly likely).

Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM

30,993 posts, read 13,186,321 times
Quote:
For example, a shadow is not really real; you can't touch it, it has no substance...
Well, shadow is as real as the voices you hear. You can't touch either, but that is why you put to use the senses you have... to hear (voices) or to see (shadow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality