U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,112,272 times
Reputation: 3947

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
You would make a good Satanist.
Ignoring that you appear not have actually read the post you responded too, that would require me to be a theist.

 
Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192
How is Atheism proof of God? Well the " Memory of Atheist" is proof of God. The miracle of Memory is proof of God within itself. God is overbearing and overpowering as well, as I have said before; he must " Reduce himself in the consciousness of humans, or those humans would naturally flock to him." Notice how Atheist are able to debate Gods reality, everyday, all day long; consciously talking about him contuinually, recalling him continually; and yet not be effected by it in any manner in their personal memory which could affect behavior. I think that is incredible proof of God.

Nobody but God could allow a human to be contiunually exposed to him in their memory, and not be affected by it. Memory is a key to " Change of Mind." I can't count the times I have had a woman that I simply didnot want anymore; and I thought of another one I had, and wish I had her again. To have recall without personal attachment, is impressive.

For Atheist to constantly, everyday, recall God without any personal attachment, is amazing to me and ample proof of Gods tampering with the human consciousness.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 PM
 
9,415 posts, read 11,274,306 times
Reputation: 20186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Circular God. God is indeed circular, he has no beginning or end; just continous. And one of his fingerprints on the human consciousness, is when the human continues to think in certain mannerisms and willnot change. This is ultimately what God is after in humanity; he is creating a mindset that will never, ever change!

Its called continual characther that will never rebel. And its beginning right now in all of us, in one manner or another, the seeds of that are being laid now.

And oh how I see this in Atheism.
You have yet to provide any verifiable evidence for a god, so all your arguments are like peeing in the wind.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Reputation: 12213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You have yet to provide any verifiable evidence for a god, so all your arguments are like peeing in the wind.
Uh oh....Peeing into the wind just may be yet another proof of god.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You have yet to provide any verifiable evidence for a god, so all your arguments are like peeing in the wind.

The wind is like God, we can't see it, but the eye can see the evidence of its results. Some understand the results, others ignore the results, but they still exist. Evidence of God exist, some simply cannot see its results. I recall one night long ago when I was into going to bars. God wanted to deprogram me from this and did it in an unusual manner. This particular bar I went to that night had a very big burely african bully who frequented there. Getting drunk every night, I knew nothing of him at the time. I pulled up into the parking lot, while he was outside in a rage about something; I had plans on going in. This guy, for some reason at the time I didnot understand, jumped in front of my car; I stopped! He snachted open my door and lunged toward me growling like an animal.

Then, for some reason he stopped, and looked at me very puzzled. All of a sudden he just calmed down, stood up, and politely closed my door.Well, that was enough for me, I made a uturn and went home; my intrest in bars was eliminated that night some 20 years ago and I have not been to one since.

That was verifiable evidence " For me", that another pressence was manipulating my life.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM
 
4,480 posts, read 4,219,243 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The wind is like God, we can't see it, but the eye can see the evidence of its results. Some understand the results, others ignore the results, but they still exist. Evidence of God exist, some simply cannot see its results. I recall one night long ago when I was into going to bars. God wanted to deprogram me from this and did it in an unusual manner. This particular bar I went to that night had a very big burely african bully who frequented there. Getting drunk every night, I knew nothing of him at the time. I pulled up into the parking lot, while he was outside in a rage about something; I had plans on going in. This guy, for some reason at the time I didnot understand, jumped in front of my car; I stopped! He snachted open my door and lunged toward me growling like an animal.

Then, for some reason he stopped, and looked at me very puzzled. All of a sudden he just calmed down, stood up, and politely closed my door.Well, that was enough for me, I made a uturn and went home; my intrest in bars was eliminated that night some 20 years ago and I have not been to one since.

That was verifiable evidence " For me", that another pressence was manipulating my life.

Maybe you had something in your teeth or he thought you were someone else. Either that or god is a big drunk African man. (how did you know he was African?)
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,505,408 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ignoring that you appear not have actually read the post you responded too, that would require me to be a theist.
No, it wouldn't. Satanists are really just Gothic-flavoured atheists. They're into self-worship. They don't believe in Satan or anything supernatural, despite appearances to the contrary.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Maybe you had something in your teeth or he thought you were someone else. Either that or god is a big drunk African man. (how did you know he was African?)

I knew he was African by the way he talked, and looked. Oh he was defintely African, though I do not know which tribe. Its as if something took hold of him, changed his spirits atittitude instantly; calmed him down and simply sent him away. I was simply stunned by it, and I just thought to myself that I don't need to do this anymore. At the time I didnot think it was God, but because hindsight is often better than foresight, I soon put it together and got the message.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,505,408 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I knew he was African by the way he talked, and looked. Oh he was defintely African, though I do not know which tribe. Its as if something took hold of him, changed his spirits atittitude instantly; calmed him down and simply sent him away. I was simply stunned by it, and I just thought to myself that I don't need to do this anymore. At the time I didnot think it was God, but because hindsight is often better than foresight, I soon put it together and got the message.
And isn't that the real take-away, here? Divine intervention or not, you were released from a destructive behaviour-pattern.


If you do things right, no one will be sure you've done anything at all...

Futurama episode "Godfellas"
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
And isn't that the real take-away, here? Divine intervention or not, you were released from a destructive behaviour-pattern.


If you do things right, no one will be sure you've done anything at all...

Futurama episode "Godfellas"

Well yes, that night I was released from " Bar-hopping", I stubbornly continued to abuse alcohol for some years, but I learned to do it at home. But such incidents over the years have been proof of God to me, and these continue until this day to " Add on to the personal evidence of God being real to me." Oh but I was stubborn for years; Thats why Atheism is a proof of God to me; The stubborness uniquely involved in it. The " One Track mind", or closed consciousness that is not released.

God IS the ultimate enslaver, and the ultimate release.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top