U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 11:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,344,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
In my view, its is astounding that God designed the human consciousness, to be able to exist in both worlds, fact and fable.
A god didn't design the human consciousness. It came about through an extended evolutionary process. But to you, everything, no matter how contrary to your thesis, is "proof" of a god. You are determined to shoehorn everything into your worldview, rather than allowing it to reflect reality. You announce your conclusion first and then state that everything, even atheism, somehow supports it. Some very inventive twisting of logic is involved in doing so. I suppose that in a way, you deserve some sort of credit for that.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 PM

3,579 posts, read 2,646,428 times
Quote:
I am not trying to impress anyone, I am a complette nobody. A janitor in a drum. I hold no degrees, only a two year collge education, and I can't spell that good. Explain to me why a man like me would try to impress someone such as you? your obviously far more impressive than me.

Well, then, just say that you don't have a point. It takes far fewer words, and saves on bandwidth.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 AM

5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
A god didn't design the human consciousness. It came about through an extended evolutionary process. But to you, everything, no matter how contrary to your thesis, is "proof" of a god. You are determined to shoehorn everything into your worldview, rather than allowing it to reflect reality. You announce your conclusion first and then state that everything, even atheism, somehow supports it. Some very inventive twisting of logic is involved in doing so. I suppose that in a way, you deserve some sort of credit for that.

Well thank you, I do my best.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,058,518 times
Good to see you admit you do your best to twist logic. Such honesty I have to admit I did not expect despite the fact it has been very obvious this is what you have been doing.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 AM

34,448 posts, read 8,865,664 times
Quote:
Translation: you just personally want it locked down. And thats another proof of God, when Atheist feel threatened by threads about God, they start " Throwing out himts to the Mods', like a person asking for mercy because they have had enough.
Not in the least. I'm just putting in a mild hint that keeping to topic should be considered so as to avoid that. If I wanted it closed down, all I have to do is say nothing. What your post shows is that you have cultivated a not unique but remarkably insistent method of interpreting absolutely everything to fit in with your own ideas.

Quote:
Atheist only feel threatened by God, they are brave toward everything else.
Nice of you to say so but since we don't feel threatened by a figment of Theist imagination that must make us pretty brave. Now, what occurred to me was that, if everything is sorta pre-planned by God - our actions, thoughts and presumably postings, if you are so right in your views, why would God have made you so persistently and demonstrably wrong about everything? That looks to me like your Theism is disproof of God.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-15-2011 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: Tidy up.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 AM

2,030 posts, read 4,187,869 times
Quote:
I am not trying to impress anyone, I am a complette nobody. A janitor in a drum. I hold no degrees, only a two year collge education, and I can't spell that good. Explain to me why a man like me would try to impress someone such as you? your obviously far more impressive than me.
It's interesting that in a few days this thread got 20+ pages long, and as soon this is locked up your going to start another thread. Just like you started this after you're spirit thread got locked. It's quite entertaining to read at night when I have nothing else to do.

I look forward to your saliva thread. I hope you never get banned to be honest, because it is so much fun reading what you have to say.

One time when I was a teenager, I got in trouble by the landlord at my apartment complex because he caught me throwing a snowball in one of the hall's of the apartment building. Please, PLEASE, make a thread about how that proves God's existance. That will be a fun one to read

I also look forward to you responding to this about how everything I typed here proves God's existance.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,004,420 times
Quote:
I try my best to present a challanging debate to Atheist, because I like the " Iron sharpening Iron effect it has on me.
Your strength is in avoiding a debate and parroting your beliefs.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
It's interesting that in a few days this thread got 20+ pages long, and as soon this is locked up your going to start another thread. Just like you started this after you're spirit thread got locked. It's quite entertaining to read at night when I have nothing else to do.

I look forward to your saliva thread. I hope you never get banned to be honest, because it is so much fun reading what you have to say.

One time when I was a teenager, I got in trouble by the landlord at my apartment complex because he caught me throwing a snowball in one of the hall's of the apartment building. Please, PLEASE, make a thread about how that proves God's existance. That will be a fun one to read

I also look forward to you responding to this about how everything I typed here proves God's existance.

Well the thread got long, because intrest in it is long. Intrest is a proof of God. His mere existence arouses feelings in humans, real feelings. I have seen it. Billions of people have been affected by God, stunning proof of him.

And " Snow" is proof of God. But I'll go into that when I go into weather as a proof of God in another future thread. And you are correct, when this thread is locked up, I will immediately start another. I have one on " Sarcasm" waiting in the cut. How people have learned to use commical satire and a smut dense attititude to literally cut into people they converse with.

And thank you for your compliments.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Nice of you to say so but since we don't feel threatened by a figment of Theist imagination that must make us pretty brave..

Interesting then as Atheist will spend all day, everyday, for years running, debating a figment of somebodys imagination. I have never in my life done that, not even for a day. I can't really think of a reason to do it. Why should I spend my time arguing a figment in someones imagination? I find then in that an ' Underlying reason to be " Closer to that figment."

Now thats an interesting suggestion: Are certain Atheist really trying to get closer to God?

I have seen in Romance ( which is a definte proof of God) a person who constantly complains and belittles the person they are interested in. They gripe to them all the time, and yet they want to be with them everyday. We label that phenom " A dysfunctional relationship", which I think clearly defines the Atheist obvious intrest in God.

By the way, " Intrest is another proof of God."

Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Quote:
I had someone privately ask me how Atheism is proof of God, so I thought I would explain it in more detail.

Your premise is flawed. Atheism is not being against God as if the atheist recognizes God but rejects him.

The concept of the anti-Christ is someone who would believe in Christ, but be against him.

Anti-matter in concept is against matter a direct opposite and in direct opposition. I suppose if anti-matter had a human personality, anti-matter would believe matter exists and would be against it.

Atheism is simply not believing any God exists and the premise is not the same as a comparison to material things in direct opposition.

The traditional teaching of the Christian sect tries to make Atheism out to be people who are against God. They imply that Atheist actually believe in God, they just reject him. But that is not the case.

For the record I believe God exists, but I also know you will not prove it. and you haven't here. You have only advanced the thought that Christians are dumb.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality