U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
 
Location: New Hope, MN
2,030 posts, read 4,189,723 times
Reputation: 812

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Yet I understand your intense need to use " Sarcasm", the new wave movement of conversation. And I implore you to read my upcomming thread on that.
Perfect! You have my interest, I will read it and continue to laugh and ridicule you. What'll be after that? A thread about how Atheists laugh at Christians is proof of God? Teapots? Golf balls? Do those prove God as well?

 
Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
And what of all the people that existed before the birth of the Abrahamic religions? Far more people have existed throughout history that knew nothing of this "God" than have. Why would any god keep quiet throughout most of history then kind of just jump out from behind a tree? Does god wear a red and white striped sweater and a red knit cap?

You sir know no more the mind of god than I. You profess to have all this insight but you're just making it up as you go along. You scoff at many scientific findings without a sound rebuttal to those findings.

And lastly; please for the love of (insert divine being here) would you spell-check your posts. Most browsers have an automatic spell-check option. If you want to be taken seriously....... fifth grade level spelling proficiency is a must.
No, I will not use spell check, I want to learn to spell on my own, not with the use of spell check. All of humanity is predestined to be with God, before and after Abraham. Why does God keep quiet, I have no idea. I can only quess. I am not the mind of God, and never have claimed to be. I agree with far more of science than I disagree with, I think humanity needs science- and it has helped humanity immensely.

And lastly; It matters not to me who takes me serious, And I challange you to show me anywhere in these archives that I professed to have insight.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I would rather take a glance at the views the threads receive, and take my hint from that. Trusting that people willnot read the threads of trolls.

Yet I understand your intense need to use " Sarcasm", the new wave movement of conversation. And I implore you to read my upcomming thread on that.
The reason for the views your threads accumulate is similar to the reason people tend to look twice at clowns....For the entertainment.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The reason for the views your threads accumulate is similar to the reason people tend to look twice at clowns....For the entertainment.

Well even if that were true, I am honored to provide as such. Yet in my view, its intrest, but the pride of certain Atheist would never allow that to be admitted.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 PM
 
4,480 posts, read 4,221,277 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
No, I will not use spell check, I want to learn to spell on my own, not with the use of spell check. All of humanity is predestined to be with God, before and after Abraham. Why does God keep quiet, I have no idea. I can only quess. I am not the mind of God, and never have claimed to be. I agree with far more of science than I disagree with, I think humanity needs science- and it has helped humanity immensely.

And lastly; It matters not to me who takes me serious, And I challange you to show me anywhere in these archives that I professed to have insight.
What have you professed throughout this entire thread if not your own insight? You only agree with science as long as in doesn't intrude on your religious beliefs.

And I cannot be challanged as I do not respond to words that I don't recognize as english. I fail to see how continually misspelling words help one learn to spell.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
 
3,579 posts, read 2,648,056 times
Reputation: 3293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I would rather take a glance at the views the threads receive, and take my hint from that. Trusting that people willnot read the threads of trolls.

Yet I understand your intense need to use " Sarcasm", the new wave movement of conversation. And I implore you to read my upcomming thread on that.
No doubt it will be highly entertaining.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,683,849 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
It may not " Seem like I have addressed it", but I have, multiple times and will multiple times more as it continues; I'll keep pileing it on for sure. And I don't think logic is always peripheral, or can be applied the same way in every situation. Atheism is a definte proof of God, but that does not mean its proof the earth is flat.
Well, a person has to demonstrate why the same criteria would not be applied to something else. I did not say or imply that Atheism proved the earth was flat. I pointed out the same criteria in application.

If disbelief in God is proof that God exists, then why wouldn't disbelief that the earth is flat prove the earth is flat, or disbelief in unicorns prove unicorns exist? To say you do not think that logic is always peripheral is then proof that it is according to your points.





Quote:
In my Theism, it is an acceptable belief that God had a twofold dynamic that he wanted to exist in humanity. He wanted belief, and unbelief. He wanted just a small fraction of support from humans, and he wanted a fraction of oppisition to him. But he wanted majority belief in him. All of these things have occurred. Often people ask me;" Well how do you know what God wanted?" The answer is relitively simple; just observe what has already occured, and thats what God wanted. That requires absolutely no great spiritual insight, its just fact and common sense

What you believe about God is irrelevant to the issue. The issue is a claim that disbelief in something proves that something exists. You try to contain your points and say that it is only relevant to God, but there isno demonstration of why that same application of logic does not apply to other things that are not believed in.



Quote:
Atheist are against the existence of gods
That is why your premise is flawed. Atheism inherantly is not being against God. You project that it is, but you project a false premise. An individual may claim to be an atheist and perhaps may be against someones teaching of what God is like, but that is not the same as being against God.



Quote:
, but only one God is relevant in reality
Fallacy, you project that your idea of God is the only one that can be true. By your own standards, the disbelief of other Gods is proof that they exist.


Quote:
; its academic, they oppose that God. That God wanted oppisition to him, oppisition has occured; that oppisition is proof of that God.
No, Atheism is not against any God.

Quote:

And support of that God is proof of him.

That has not been demonstrated only claimed, the idea behind it is protected by the fallacy that it can only apply to the God you believe in.

Your premise is flawed.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post


Your premise is flawed.

It makes perfect sense to me. In order for freedom to really mean something, slavery has to be included in the picture. In order for belief to be relevant, unbelief had to exist. In order for perfection to be a reality, imperfection had to exist. In order for Theism to be real, Atheism had to exist.

Thus, Atheism is proof of Theism, and both are proof of God.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

And I cannot be challanged as I do not respond to words that I don't recognize as english. I fail to see how continually misspelling words help one learn to spell.
Explain to me why your many post on this thread, are not responses to my bad spelling?

I am old school, I want to learn to spell with just my mind and my dictionary. When I write articles, I use spell check, but on the many boards I frequent, I just like raw dogging it.

You should have read me years ago, I was ten times worse.
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,683,849 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
It makes perfect sense to me. In order for freedom to really mean something, slavery has to be included in the picture. In order for belief to be relevant, unbelief had to exist. In order for perfection to be a reality, imperfection had to exist. In order for Theism to be real, Atheism had to exist.

Thus, Atheism is proof of Theism, and both are proof of God.

Your premise is flawed because you are using a definition of atheism that is not correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top