U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Im another one of them

This is so touching, unity being expressed even when the person is wrong. That is a sure sign of the dismanteling of unity, when you support error, just because the person believes as you do. Atheism is not immune to group failure. The cause that binds Atheist, is simply not strong enough to substain a future unity, or produce a single leader who is strong. Thats not the true purpose of Atheism- to last. Its a temporary existence designed by God to oppose, not to thrive and become dominant.

Atheism has no future.

 
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Atheism has no future, another proof that God designed it. God designed the universe to be temporary, the earth to be temporary and Atheism to be temporary; as well as human life to be temporary. Temporary existence is a proof of God. The Atheist movement was designed to flare up, and then flare out. It will only last while theism last. And on earth, both are destined to die out.
 
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 PM
 
Location: New Hope, MN
2,030 posts, read 4,189,723 times
Reputation: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
This is so touching, unity being expressed even when the person is wrong. That is a sure sign of the dismanteling of unity, when you support error, just because the person believes as you do. Atheism is not immune to group failure.
You were saying much earlier or in a different thread (can't remember) about how a supposedly 80-90% of people believe in God. Tell me, and actually explain, how is religion immune to group failure?
 
Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Rome, Georgia
2,657 posts, read 3,201,476 times
Reputation: 1837
So Atheists are recruited by God to oppose Him. What a bastard! He already left no empirical evidence to believe in any particular religion, so now he will recuit other people to attempt to dislodge our already crumbling position? He doesn't even give us a chance does He? Doesn't sound too benevolent to me. Perhaps He's an evil God who is a trickster and a theif. That's what your God sounds like to me.

Think about it for just one second Mick. Is a God who would create an earth full of bones(dinos) who could never have existed on His timeline, and then made a whole group of humans that would deny Him just to dissuade you really worth the effort of worship? If this is what God is, then I wonder why I have been able to evolve past His own morality and see that He is an ass. How is it that a human such as I can see that your God's tactics are contrary to our survival as His creations? It cannot be that I am more evolved than He? Can it?
 
Old 09-16-2011, 11:33 PM
 
Location: New Hope, MN
2,030 posts, read 4,189,723 times
Reputation: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
So Atheists are recruited by God to oppose Him. What a bastard! He already left no empirical evidence to believe in any particular religion, so now he will recuit other people to attempt to dislodge our already crumbling position? He doesn't even give us a chance does He? Doesn't sound too benevolent to me. Perhaps He's an evil God who is a trickster and a theif. That's what your God sounds like to me.

Think about it for just one second Mick. Is a God who would create an earth full of bones(dinos) who could never have existed on His timeline, and then made a whole group of humans that would deny Him just to dissuade you really worth the effort of worship? If this is what God is, then I wonder why I have been able to evolve past His own morality and see that He is an ass. How is it that a human such as I can see that your God's tactics are contrary to our survival as His creations? It cannot be that I am more evolved than He? Can it?
Ditto

And in reality, it doesn't make any sense. He makes believers, and atheists, and then you claim the reason we can't see God is that were ignorant and have blinded ourselves and refuse to accept the overwhelming evidence If he made us not to believe and made us so we'll never believe, then why waste time trying to convert us? And that means were pretty much going to hell no matter what, since he made it impossible for us to believe. How exactly is this an all-loving god? I know you claim you aren't trying to convert us or convince us to believe, but then, why are you here?

Honestly, I do believe your a troll and your an atheist like someone earlier mentioned, and are trying to make Christians look even more ridiculous and are trying to shun people away from Religion. Thats one of the main things that drove me away from Christianity, the fact that when they argue and debate, this thread is an excellent example, they look ridiuclous and don't have any evidence and haven't made a single point that is convincing or even makes the slightest bit of sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I would rather take a glance at the views the threads receive, and take my hint from that. Trusting that people willnot read the threads of trolls.
I know this quote is old, but I feel like responding to it anyway, feeding the troll, as you could call it.

If the amount of views your posts receive mean anything, then I must be more trustworthy then you, or something. I have less posts, but over 1.1 million views. You have more posts, but less then 400k views. it is nonsense and it means nothing, but YOU'RE THE ONE who brought it up. So don't tell me it means nothing when you're the one who brought it up, or else that pretty much proves that you're making things up as you go along and contradicting yourself.

Last edited by Radical_Car; 09-16-2011 at 11:49 PM..
 
Old 09-17-2011, 12:38 AM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
You were saying much earlier or in a different thread (can't remember) about how a supposedly 80-90% of people believe in God. Tell me, and actually explain, how is religion immune to group failure?

It is not, and I have never stated that it was immune to group failure. Show me anywhere that I made such a statement.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 12:44 AM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post

So Atheists are recruited by God to oppose Him. What a bastard!
me.

Perhaps He's an evil God who is a trickster and a theif. That's what your God sounds like to me.

If this is what God is, then I wonder why I have been able to evolve past His own morality and see that He is an ass. ?

Your points and questions are lost to me, in your usage of such disrespectful terms. Such senseless terminology is not impressive to me, its absurd and uncalled for. I encourage you to read my upcomming post on communication and how we have corrupted it. Useless inuendo, unnecessary gripes in vulgarness. I find it very hard to respond to such a lack of curtesy in conversation; I wouldnot speak to you in such a manner.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 12:48 AM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Ditto

And in reality, it doesn't make any sense. He makes believers, and atheists, and then you claim the reason we can't see God is that were ignorant and have blinded ourselves and refuse to accept the overwhelming evidence

I said no such thing. I said God blinded Atheist, not that they blinded themselves, and I have never called Atheist ignorant. And there is no such thing as hell. And I have repeatly stated that I believe that all Atheist will have the same free Salvation from God that all believers will receive.

If your going to quote me, at least get it correct. I don't misquote you.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:54 AM
 
Location: New Hope, MN
2,030 posts, read 4,189,723 times
Reputation: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I said no such thing. I said God blinded Atheist, not that they blinded themselves, and I have never called Atheist ignorant. And there is no such thing as hell. And I have repeatly stated that I believe that all Atheist will have the same free Salvation from God that all believers will receive.

If your going to quote me, at least get it correct. I don't misquote you.
I already know you said God blinded atheists, I was pointing out that it is then ridiculous to try to get Atheists to believe in God, if God himself made it impossible to see God. Why sit there and try to convince us God is real if it's physically impossible for us to see him or believe in him?
As far as misquoting, you've had several threads, and have more upcoming ones on sarcasm and communication, you say tons of things, and you contradict yourself and make up several things as you go, so it'd kind of ridiculous to get mad at someone when they misquote you.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 02:21 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,756,874 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Atheism is a reaction to theism. If no one in the history of man had ever held any theistic beliefs, there would be no Atheism. It would not exist.
Do you want to have a think about that for a moment or two?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top