U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-17-2011, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,935 times
Reputation: 192

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
This is a claim, but you are not indicating with any facts how it is flawed.





.

The pure definition of Atheist is flawed because it maintains a disbelief in gods; gods -- which is plural, meaning multiple. This is flawed because there is only one true God. Thus Atheism needs the false assumption that forces it to include myths as a relevant defense against that true God, a second flaw. They are forced to argue against only that true God, so they implore the false gods as a comparrison to the real God, in an obvious effort to deflate realism by using fantasy, a third flaw.

 
Old 09-17-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
Reputation: 12214
Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.
written by Carl Sagan
 
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,935 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.
written by Carl Sagan

Well yes, Atheism is a frame of mind that God constructed.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:01 PM
 
3,579 posts, read 2,648,424 times
Reputation: 3293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The pure definition of Atheist is flawed because it maintains a disbelief in gods; gods -- which is plural, meaning multiple. This is flawed because there is only one true God. Thus Atheism needs the false assumption that forces it to include myths as a relevant defense against that true God, a second flaw. They are forced to argue against only that true God, so they implore the false gods as a comparrison to the real God, in an obvious effort to deflate realism by using fantasy, a third flaw.
Whether it is plural is irrelevant, since that only demonstrates an acknowledgement that there exists more than one religious belief. And whether or not you believe there is onely one god is irrelevant to the fact that ahteists don't believe that there are ANY gods, much less the one you believe in.

The fact that you continue this farce of a thread despite all the evidence given against your ridiculous thesis is rather desparate.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well yes, Atheism is a frame of mind that God constructed.
You also are an atheist, towards all gods but the one you believe in.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,935 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You also are an atheist, towards all gods but the one you believe in.

There are no other gods but the true God I believe in. Those gods were created in the minds of men to benefit Atheism, not Theism.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,903,935 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Whether it is plural is irrelevant, since that only demonstrates an acknowledgement that there exists more than one religious belief. And whether or not you believe there is onely one god is irrelevant to the fact that ahteists don't believe that there are ANY gods, much less the one you believe in.

The fact that you continue this farce of a thread despite all the evidence given against your ridiculous thesis is rather desparate.

And so what does the fact that you are participating in a desperate thread reveal?
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:17 PM
 
3,579 posts, read 2,648,424 times
Reputation: 3293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
And so what does the fact that you are participating in a desperate thread reveal?
I give people the benefit of a doubt. And when they continue their ignorance despite all efforts to inform them, I move on. Adios, amigos.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 12,705,528 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
There are no other gods but the true God I believe in. Those gods were created in the minds of men to benefit Atheism, not Theism.
and I maintain that all gods are equally fictitious. You just follow another delusion.
 
Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,684,959 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The pure definition of Atheist is flawed because it maintains a disbelief in gods; gods -- which is plural, meaning multiple. This is flawed because there is only one true God. Thus Atheism needs the false assumption that forces it to include myths as a relevant defense against that true God, a second flaw. They are forced to argue against only that true God, so they implore the false gods as a comparrison to the real God, in an obvious effort to deflate realism by using fantasy, a third flaw.


The fact that you have to claim there is only one true God means you have to deny every other assertion of a God besides the one you believe in.

So the Atheistic premise is not flawed because you yourself have to deny multiple Gods to claim you believe in the one true one.

The atheistic premise simply does not believe in one more God than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top