U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-18-2011, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipso View Post
You hold no interest because it positively shreds your argument you've been making for days.

Nice finish.

I honestly hold no intrest in post that use x plus y equals z and stuff like that because I think its poor explination and seems too mathmatical, when you can replace it with real word usage. I just don't like it. I like word usage. Just as I like Gods word;

And thus, I feel a poem:

The Anvil- Gods Word

Last eve I paused beside a blacksmiths door, and heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;

Then looking in, I saw upon the floor, old hammers, worn with beating years of time.

" How many anvils have you had, " said I, " To wear and batter these hammers so?"

" Just one", said he, and then, with twinkling eye,
The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.

And so, thought I, the anvil of Gods word,
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon;

Yet, though the noise of falling blows was heard,
The anvil is unharmed -- the hammers gone.

 
Old 09-18-2011, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
615 posts, read 571,692 times
Reputation: 48
Even know, Atheists do not have evidence for nonexistence of God (Allah)

So they moved to the stage the doubt
 
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Florida
18,290 posts, read 18,533,242 times
Reputation: 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I honestly hold no intrest in post that use x plus y equals z and stuff like that because I think its poor explination and seems too mathmatical, when you can replace it with real word usage. I just don't like it. I like word usage. Just as I like Gods word;

And thus, I feel a poem:

The Anvil- Gods Word

Last eve I paused beside a blacksmiths door, and heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;

Then looking in, I saw upon the floor, old hammers, worn with beating years of time.

" How many anvils have you had, " said I, " To wear and batter these hammers so?"

" Just one", said he, and then, with twinkling eye,
The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.

And so, thought I, the anvil of Gods word,
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon;

Yet, though the noise of falling blows was heard,
The anvil is unharmed -- the hammers gone.
You should always give credit when you copy/paste something that is not your original work
 
Old 09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Richland, Washington
4,070 posts, read 4,964,859 times
Reputation: 2479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I admonish you to read the entire thread. Also I hold no intrest in those post that uses x plus x, and that kind of thing.
In other words, you're not interested in anything contrary to the conclusions you made prior to examining the evidence.
 
Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM
 
4,480 posts, read 4,219,243 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Even know, Atheists do not have evidence for nonexistence of God (Allah)

So they moved to the stage the doubt

The evidence is the total lack of evidence of any kind pointing to the existence of any god. Theists insist that a god or gods exist. (though many argue amongst themselves as to who's is the right god and all others are false) The onus is on the side that states the positive i.e. Theists positive assertion in the existence of a divine being/s. Atheists simply doubt or dismiss that assertion. The onus is not on the camp that asserts the negative. That would be like atheists saying there is a god but we don't believe in him/it so here's the proof that god doesn't exist.

If on the off chance that there is a divine being out there I highly doubt any of the moronic religions out there (or in here on C-D) have even a smidgen of the facts right. The chances are far more likely that this Divine being resembles bible god/jesus, allah, vishna, etc not at all.
 
Old 09-18-2011, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
In other words, you're not interested in anything contrary to the conclusions you made prior to examining the evidence.

No, those ' other words are your words", not mine. I am interested in other conclusions, just not those which include mathmatical terminology, where words would suffice.
 
Old 09-18-2011, 06:57 PM
 
1,168 posts, read 1,043,691 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I had someone privately ask me how Atheism is proof of God, so I thought I would explain it in more detail.

I have recently seen post here on the " Anti-christ". Well in my view, the anti-christ is proof of Christ. One may ask, well what kind of logic is that? It runs along the same line as " Anti-matter is proof of matter." They are simply " Odd proof", or an odd way of validating things.

For example, a shadow is not really real; you can't touch it, it has no substance, but it is odd evidence of something real that it is " Reflecting." The anti-christ reflects that Christ is not real, was not the son of an unreal God, but the anti-christ itself is real. It just thinks that God is the shadow, the nebulous nothing.

Whatever is against God, or anti-God, is proof that God exist. Anti-matter, is simply matter consisting of antiparticles. Atheist are anti God, who simply consist of God creation; he created them, as well as anyother human. They simply do not endorse that creation. They are not cognizant of God, and reject ( anti) being an actual part of God.

But listen, when God designed matter, he also designed anti-matter., both are his creation. Now go back again to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Both fruits were designed by God, BOTH forms of knowledge were designed, or brought forth and exposed to humanity by him!

God brought forth both positive and negative ways of viewing him, AND yourself! God brought forth both belief and unbelief in him. Atheist unbelief is proof of this. Listen; it was God who started unbelief in him. Let me show you a definte proof of this in scripture in Phil. 2:13;" For " IT IS GOD" who is at work IN YOU, BOTH to will and work for HIS good pleasure!"

Now what does this biblical verse mean? It means that God begins and provides the direction that a human will go in. He actually influences the human to believe or not believe in him; we just like to think its our own free will. It is in Christ that even believers live, move and have their being. Your being, or your consciousness, decides what you will believe or not. BUT, it is IN CHRIST that we have our being, not of yourselves. We are manipulated to believe in him, and unbelievers are manipulated to not believe. This is SO misunderstood! And I can understand why.

Shortsighted believers only see belief as evidence of God, but unbelief is evidence of him as well, once you begin to comprehend the true dynamics of his planting of that egnigmatic tree ( or establishing of a planted dual consciousness on earth) in the garden of Eden.

The SAME zeal given to believers to strongly believe in God, has been given to unbelievers to not believe in God.

This is how God wanted it, or he wouldNOT have planted that tree( or established this split way of belief and unbelief in humanity.)

Both belief and unbelief are proof of God, AND: astounding evidence of a profound physcology that God is using on humanity.


OPPOSITES EXIST IN ALL DIMENSIONS>...God said there will be those who say there is no God....they will mock...and they will murder and sin and do great evils..........woe to them who harm the EARTH...ETC

there it is...opposites..to God and to..EDEN...in this reality....opposites play a roll in knowledge, when one solves for unknowns....they use quadratics.
 
Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,037 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Reputation: 12213
Quote:
God said there will be those who say there is no God....they will mock...and they will murder and sin and do great evils.
Once again god was wrong. Believers do a lot more murdering and evil than atheists ever have.
 
Old 09-18-2011, 07:07 PM
 
1,168 posts, read 1,043,691 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
No, those ' other words are your words", not mine. I am interested in other conclusions, just not those which include mathmatical terminology, where words would suffice.


Isn't the Fractal a mathimatical form of expression God put in everything?....is this not part of God's handyworks?....and accounting, when God takes accounting...is this not mathimatical numerology at work..Be fruitful and..multiply? ...Meaning be productive and multiply the givens....Perhaps?...see how words can be mistakely taken to heart.

Atomic and antimatter control...is this not science?...God uses to make everything out of the opposite of nothing?


So when trying to define God or dispute God...one needs to use the same principles that God used or the ones he did not......I would expect?

Why do you cut off the means...to subdue or curtail or undermine or handycap.....the measure........ the making of truth?

just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong!...and if the measure is always changing values...then it is unstable!
 
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post

just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong!...and if the measure is always changing values...then it is unstable!
Well thats true, and I never said it was wrong, its just my preference in communication; use words instead of symbolic alphabet letters.



How is Atheism proof of God? Well its simular to using math, God wanted to enfuse a " Subtracting spirit of unbelief into humanity", in order to mute us from him. To stagnate our belief, confuse it. But Why?

Well its preperation while being in the Womb; all preparing for a totally new birth. And he instilled all kinds of acid like realitys in that womb which is burning our understanding. Atheism is a burning agent in the understanding of God.But its a very unique part of the womb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top