U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM

5,298 posts, read 3,903,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You made a statement earlier about how you agreed with and liked science, but I guess the only science you agree with is that which does not conflict with your programmed dogma...Have I got that right?

No you don't. It was science and archaeology that helped me believe in the advent of primordal man, which I prior didnot. The science I reject is that which is not based on facts. Evolution is not a fact, its only theory that excites the masses as much as religion does. I have rejected more from religion, than I have from science. By far!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:27 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,571,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You made a statement earlier about how you agreed with and liked science, but I guess the only science you agree with is that which does not conflict with your programmed dogma...Have I got that right?

Simple rule:

When geneticist study DNA to uncover cures for cancer, science is an important and trusted tool, and scientist are honorable professionals.

But when geneticist study DNA to uncover the origins of our species, science is just another religion, and the scientist are horrible people who just hate God.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Simple rule:

When geneticist study DNA to uncover cures for cancer, science is an important and trusted tool, and scientist are honorable professionals.

But when geneticist study DNA to uncover the origins of our species, science is just another religion, and the scientist are horrible people who just hate God.

When someone observes the first example of spontaneous generation wich includes self-replicating machinery ( DNA and RNA), Biogenesis will no longer ne a law. Until that time , it remains one.

If one stretched out a strand of DNA from the oldest and most basic organism known to man, " A Bacterium", it would be almost 1,000 times longer than the diameter of the bacterium itself. Its DNA pattern is about 4 million blocks long. Where did all this exquisite information come from? The componants of a bacterium are far more complex than any machine mankind has ever made. There is absolutely zero scientific evidence of the existence of any organisms between the supposed event of abiogenesis and bacteria.

There is absolutely no evidence any such organism is alive today or ever was alive in the past.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,571,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
When someone observes the first example of spontaneous generation wich includes self-replicating machinery ( DNA and RNA), Biogenesis will no longer ne a law. Until that time , it remains one.

If one stretched out a strand of DNA from the oldest and most basic organism known to man, " A Bacterium", it would be almost 1,000 times longer than the diameter of the bacterium itself. Its DNA pattern is about 4 million blocks long. Where did all this exquisite information come from? The componants of a bacterium are far more complex than any machine mankind has ever made. There is absolutely zero scientific evidence of the existence of any organisms between the supposed event of abiogenesis and bacteria.

There is absolutely no evidence any such organism is alive today or ever was alive in the past.

So naturally a magic guy must have used magic to make it all happen?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So naturally a magic guy must have used magic to make it all happen?

Your mentality can only imagine it as a magic guy, my mentality reconizes the Lord of life as the creator of all things.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 PM

4,047 posts, read 4,375,960 times
Quote:

Evolution is not abiogenesis. Many theists accept the theory of evolution.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Evolution is not abiogenesis. Many theists accept the theory of evolution.

Many theist reject the existence of primordal man. Are you now using theist as confirmation of your beliefs?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 PM

4,480 posts, read 4,221,277 times
Quote:
I am not a religious person, so I am not included in your example of that group. God has no need for evolution, the need is only for those who want alternitives to Gods creative power. God created all things " As is", with no need for evolution.

Why should God design things to evolve, when he holds the power to create complette as is? The Anthropic principles are proof that all things created, were deliberately created as is, and couldnot alter themselves over time.

So it's clear you disagree with evolution from a strictly theological standpoint. There is clearly nothing that will convince you that evolution occurs and is occurring even now. When the day comes that science is able to synthesize living cells from non-living material will you then acquiesce? Somehow I doubt it.

I'll not debate this with you any longer as I'd have better luck convincing Glen Beck that President Obama is doing a good job. You seem like a decent guy, deluded but genuinely nice. I wish you luck in avoiding the real world and it's pesky facts.

BTW your above assertion is proven wrong by yet even more of those darn pesky scientific findings from this study. If god created all life "as is" why do we not find most modern animals in the fossil record?

Horse Evolution

Old 09-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Atheism is trying to veto votes to a non-extstant God; how is that even possible? Why exert energy to displace energy that does not exist?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:25 PM

[quote=mikebnllnb;20962739]

I'll not debate this with you any longer as I'd have better luck convincing Glen Beck that President Obama is doing a good job.
quote]

Well I understand; I don't try and convince others, I would rather they convince themselves.

Peace on your journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality