Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times

Advertisements

It's kinda like saying that Ancient Greek beliefs are proof of Christianity. Or that the idea of God is prove of Atheism,

1. Atheists believe that some people can believe in gods
2. some people do believe in gods
3. Atheism is true.

Wala! A mickiel style argument of why atheism is true... Oh wait, I forgot to include all the poetic similies and logical fallacies that would surely jist a reader's pathos.
here ya go: light, shadows, roses, tulips, salvation, sacrafise, love, fathers, children! Can you not now open your heart to atheism?

That should do it.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-12-2011 at 08:52 AM..

Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Watch this video, then tell me that you think god is salvation.

Morality Without God - YouTube

Old 09-12-2011, 08:43 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
I don't believe that I'm the most sexually attractive man on the planet. Therefor........Come and get it ladies!!!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
OMG!

Erm, if God used ALL of his energy to create the physical universe, how could he use EVEN MORE than he's already used since he used all of it in the first instance? And why would he have to use EVEN MORE, assuming that were even possible, to save humanity? Would it not have been more efficient to have created a saved man in the first place?
YHWH took a break on Sunday to recharge his energy, remember? but "days" can mean anything to a timeless god...even billions of years , so maybe YHWH is still recharging. To YHWH, it's still Sunday buddy, the shift don't start till 9:00am on Monday.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
This has got to be the most asinine claim that god exists I have ever seen......

Oh no, wait till I do a thread I am working on now using " Saliva" as proof of God. It can be used to prove our children are ours, and defintely can be used to show we belong to God. Hold off on your claim until you read that one.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
You can not disprove the unprovable and vice versa; anything outside of this is simply noise and peoples' needs/desires to be heard.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
It's kinda like saying that Ancient Greek beliefs are proof of Christianity. Or that the idea of God is prove of Atheism,

1. Atheists believe that some people can believe in gods
2. some people do believe in gods
3. Atheism is true.

Wala! A mickiel style argument of why atheism is true.

I know it seems like an oxymoron; but consider this;

Is jealousy proof of attraction? Its a very negative thing jealousy is, but still its proof of attraction.

So a person can be unattracted to God, but I wondered why. Because God is the ultimate attraction, but why is there unbelief? God is the ultimate Lover! He is more attractive than anything that exist. In my view then, if God, in his plans, wanted there to be oppisition to him ; he then had to create it; in effect, making himself " Unattractive to some." Atheism types that.

It is not possible to not be attracted to God, unless he blinds himself to you; thats the ONLY way I can see it. Once God reveals himself, ANY human will AUTOMATICALLY be attracted and convinced, its academic!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:57 AM

Wait... I think I get it... Now I see how Christianity is proof of polytheism.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I disagree that God " Can use ALL of his energy", its no such thing as that. There is no end to his energy. Why would he use more energy for our salvation; because he LOVES us MORE than this universe!

Would it have been more efficent to have created a saved man in the first place? Well " I think it would have", but I am not God, all this is based on how " He Thinks."

If you disagree that god can use all of his energy, why the hell did you say that he DID?

How would you know how your god thinks? Do you have his cell phone number? And why should we believe you?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placate Them View Post
One-thousand, four hundred posts, and your reputation is only 80. Now we can see why.

I am not in this for reputation, or I would save my e-mails. I have no ego to be bruised, only a desire to express myself on this forum.

Speaking of " Reputation", God knew and knows how powerful he is. He KNEW that humans would automatically believe in him and flock to him, if he didNOT do something about that in his plan. God had to " Mute" much of humanity, for his own purpose, he is building " Things inside of us", which none of us are even remotely aware of, and hes using the fire of sin, evil, unbelief, and suffering to accomplish those things. He is creator, we don't know what and why hes doing these things, but we don't need to know.

Atheism is a tool of God, just as Christianity is. Just as Islam is, just as YOU are! God is upgrading spiritual skills in humanity, using physical experience. Its amazing to me. He is " Tinkering with human consciousness in a " Holy way", which we just cannot comprehend. Oh the time may come when in eternity, we will look back and say;" Wow! So thats why God did this, and thats why he did it that way, and thats how he used Atheism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality