U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,364,337 times

Advertisements

Just to add to the discussion about the need for a separate, spiritual forum . . . spirituality is not just about "the spirit," it also encompasses ideas related to intuition, feelings, emotions, and psychology, just to name a few. It is a HUGE, diverse subject with many applications, none of which can be discussed in current forums . . .

There is nowhere to post a thread on emotions and intuition as informing a person's perspective . . . no where to discuss the various and sundry aspects of psychology at all, never mind spiritual psychology . . . (and I am not talking about strictly neuro-based perspectives . . . there are actually many other perspectives and theories that could be discussed that do not fit into other categories) . . .

There are so many different applications of spirituality, so many possible explorations . . . discussions of Atlantis, Lemuria, crystals, vortexes, sacred places, spiritual practices, flower essences (from a spiritual perspective, as they impact the astral body), Reiki, intuition, psychic abilities and practices, shamanism, research related to psychedelic substances and death acceptance, astrology, archetypes, dream psychology, dream yoga, yoga, Jungian psychology, sacred geometry, Feng Shui, chakras, nadis, color theory, color healing, vibrational medicine, etc., etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,823,609 times
Oh thanks for mentioning vibrational medicine.
I’m sitting here with a cold and a plugged up ear.
In the past when I have had a plugged ear I’ve played my didgeridoo and it vibrates the gunk out of my ear.
I’m off to play the dij.

Cheers,
Aeroman

Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,605,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Just to add to the discussion about the need for a separate, spiritual forum . . . spirituality is not just about "the spirit," it also encompasses ideas related to intuition, feelings, emotions, and psychology, just to name a few. It is a HUGE, diverse subject with many applications, none of which can be discussed in current forums . . .

There is nowhere to post a thread on emotions and intuition as informing a person's perspective . . . no where to discuss the various and sundry aspects of psychology at all, never mind spiritual psychology . . . (and I am not talking about strictly neuro-based perspectives . . . there are actually many other perspectives and theories that could be discussed that do not fit into other categories) . . .

There are so many different applications of spirituality, so many possible explorations . . . discussions of Atlantis, Lemuria, crystals, vortexes, sacred places, spiritual practices, flower essences (from a spiritual perspective, as they impact the astral body), Reiki, intuition, psychic abilities and practices, shamanism, research related to psychedelic substances and death acceptance, astrology, archetypes, dream psychology, dream yoga, yoga, Jungian psychology, sacred geometry, Feng Shui, chakras, nadis, color theory, color healing, vibrational medicine, etc., etc.
There are a lot of topics to discuss!
My favorites would be nature, dance, meditation, dream psychology, Jungian Psychology, Near-Death-Experiences, affirmations, yoga, healing, reflexology, Science & Spirituality & metaphysics.

I realize there are other forums about spirituality... but most of them are too "out there" for me & I found many interested in talking about spirituality yet lacked integrity & practicality.
I would be interested to see how a Spiritual Category on City Data would play out. I think it would be tempered by practicality, which could both help & hinder.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 09-21-2011 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,933,357 times
For those of us who have had spiritual experiences there is no turning back into non belief.
Arguments will not convince those who have not had such experiences.

One thing, which has been hit on previously, the Newtonian scientist must have his head spinning by all the philosophical implications found in quantum observations. They seem to point to concepts that believers in spiritual things have perused for years.

I don't think science is the enemy of the spiritual regardless of the arguments of individuals here. I think ultimately both sides will have to modify their opinions as more exploration is done and more is discovered.

The world is big enough for all of us.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:34 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,946,526 times
Quote:

Fantastic concept; there definitely needs to be a new forum for all the varios topics here My newest interests include vibrational medicine, the vortexes, etc. This new forum is long overdue

Old 09-23-2011, 09:44 AM

15,709 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I am all for this.
I am a spiritual agnostic.
I believe there is a spiritual dimension, but am not sure of God - or, in particular, the God of the bible based religions.

There are also those who are hoping for a Paranormal category.
Its already begun.

Ignore feature!!!!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:58 AM

15,709 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Spirituality pertains to the spirit. It can have nothing to do with religious beliefs or come from your relgious beliefs.

Its as individual as each of us and can't be defined.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...s-spirituality

Old 11-12-2011, 08:56 PM

Is there additional interest for a "spiritual" sub-forum? I would love a place to discuss esoteric interests ( Steiner, Bailey, Casey, Montgomery), transpersonal psychology (Maslow, James, etc.). ancient healing arts that have spiritual focus (shamanism, Reiki, etc.) . . . so many possibilities.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:41 PM

Sorry - this should have been posted here

www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-04-27-1Amillfaith27_ST_N.htm

Old 11-13-2011, 07:21 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,933,357 times
Quote:
This link did not work.
Yes. I am interested in Bailey and Theosophy and read all of the Seth books, years back, when they first came out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality