U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,242,534 times

Advertisements

Beasley thanked her staff, assigned groups of volunteers to each turtle and then led a prayer for their safe return to the sea.
"Mother ocean, today we return to you these sick and injured sea turtles that have been in our care," she said. "We ask your sea creatures to greet them and to watch over them."

Rehabbed sea turtles go home | StarNewsOnline.com

Pray for Ms.Beasley that she learns its Father God and not mother ocean.
Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 PM

10,495 posts, read 10,093,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
Beasley thanked her staff, assigned groups of volunteers to each turtle and then led a prayer for their safe return to the sea.
"Mother ocean, today we return to you these sick and injured sea turtles that have been in our care," she said. "We ask your sea creatures to greet them and to watch over them."

Bill

Not everybody is Christian and the prayer that she offered was to mother earth who looks after all her creatures. Why is it that you think every prayer has to be a Christian prayer? You take an event that is very enlightening and very spiritual and want to denigrate it with your narrow minded belief that everything should be Christian. That is not right and you should be ashamed of yourself......

Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM

2,678 posts, read 3,563,537 times
Well I think i'll be content to let ms. beasley pray to who or whatever she wants.....i've got more important things to worry about.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,309,947 times
Quote:

Bill
Nope, she got it right, all life on this planet came from the seas at some point.

One would hope that you learn to be tolerant of others instead of apparently scanning news articles so you can express your contempt for the views of others, but tolerance is not one of the characteristics of your god is it.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 PM

2,678 posts, read 3,563,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned
Well the thread is now in the religion section and the op wants for us to pray she learns its 'father god' not 'mother ocean' so it sounds like at this point it 'is' about religion.To me from reading the article the woman fancies herself to be 'the turtlewhisper' who can tell when turtles are happy or excited about 'going home',while they were likely just as happy to hang around the turtle hospital,lounging around,safe, and being fed without any effort on their part........I still don't care who or what she prays too or if she prays at all.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-15-2011 at 07:38 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 11:58 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,979,062 times
I think it's a rather nice prayer and a nice article. I much prefer prayers like this to the ones I grew up on. As an aside, my husband and I spent some time on Jekyll Island, GA, and there is a sea turtle hospital here also. I loved seeing all these folks do to rehabilitate and care for turtles.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 09-15-2011 at 07:40 AM..

Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 AM

30,043 posts, read 30,783,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
I'm beginning to understand why your posts were deleted, as you have yet to address the topic...I have no idea what you problem is with the OP but I think if a prayer has to be said at all, what Mrs. Beasley said was appropriate for sea turtles.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-15-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 02:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,415,340 times
I much prefer Mrs Beasley's prayer to Mother Ocean. Father God would more likely have had the rescuers cook and eat the turtles.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:47 PM

15,975 posts, read 12,563,496 times
Quote:

Bill
Does God have male reproductive organs? How can you be so sure of his/her/it's maleness? Have you peeked under the heavenly robes? Perhaps you saw God in the shower?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:05 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,062,950 times
It's always nice to see the dominance of the male mindset over the female gender in religion alive and at work. I think the men who most strictly follow this are men who feel squelched at home by their wives, emasculated, with their nuts in a jar on a mantelpiece. In public, they put on the show of a dominant male who has control of his life and his wife. In private, he feels emasculated and unmanly because his wife is the one who rules the roost. It's kind of the same thing with the extreme anti-gay community having closeted gay orgies.

So, when I see posts like the OP's, I can't help but think of a guy who is a mental eunuch, probably bossed around the house by his wife and feels he must put on a show of dominance to keep his manhood... Which oddly enough is probably still sitting in the jar on the mantelpiece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or