U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Status: "Invisible cats keep you up at night" (set 15 days ago)

9,769 posts, read 21,661,706 times

Advertisements

Now I have to go check out this Oprah stuff. Thanks for the info OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,356,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The Devil made the OP post this info so it would lead more people into the box.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 PM

12,494 posts, read 14,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daughter of Tsiyon View Post
The problem with this world today is that it is the same as it was in the days of Noah. People will go about their own business and not be aware that there is an Almighty Elohim (God) who has given His creatures rules to follow! It is so sad, that the world has been deceived by the evil one. Warning to all "turn back from a life of sin and seek the Most High, for there is repentence and forgiveness of sins in the Name of YAHUSHUAH!" It is so sad that people do not see the sicknesses and natural disasters in this earth now, but they will see the mighty hands of Elohim if they do not change their ways and worship the Creator of the universe, because the end draws near whether you believe it or not!
How do you know that is is the same as it was "in the days of Noah"?...what makes you think people are not aware?...many people DO see the sicknesses and natural disasters present on earth today....we're not all in "a box"....are YOU????

Old 09-19-2011, 10:00 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,525,321 times
Quote:
Have you been deceived by Oprah's lifeclass teachings? If you have signed on, or if you have read any new age materials from her or her disciples, those surrounding her, be aware! Do not put into practice what she is telling about herself, do not enter into the meditations, nor calling up dead ancesters or listening to the voice of whispers. Please do not put these things into practice. You are inside her box if you have, and guess who is pulling that Box? The Devil is pulling it! Get out Now!
She is rebellious against the Word of Elohim (God) and she is under judgement and if she doesn't stop taking the people astray the Messiah will strike with the plague. Many are sick now and some have died because of this sin of idolatry throughout the ages. Spread the word to your friends and anyone you know who is following Oprah's counsel. We have prayed to have some delivered from depression after reading Eckhart's Book on the New Earth. Beware of the deception. To read more go to www.familyofmessiah.net click on Warning for Oprah's Lifeclass.
As my father is fond of saying:

'Good publicity, bad publicity -- it's all publicity'.

There's a story that's gone the rounds locally about a realtor in Vancouver that advertised his business with 'Living in Richmond means never having to say you're Surrey'. Of course, Surrey residents were really not happy with him, and they wrote angry letters to the paper for weeks.

As a result , the extensive media coverage ended up giving him so much publicity that he had to start turning clients down because he was booked solid for the next three months.

In short, my dear friend....you're giving Oprah free nationwide advertising.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 PM

4 posts, read 4,104 times
You are right my friend, I am giving her free publicity! I will cancel this blog!

Old 09-20-2011, 02:37 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,088,964 times
Quote:
It is so sad that people do not see the sicknesses and natural disasters in this earth now, but they will see the mighty hands of Elohim if they do not change their ways and worship the Creator of the universe, because the end draws near whether you believe it or not!
Those natural disasters are, and always have been, prevalent and frequent on this planet (How do you think all those tall, sharp-topped mountains (i.e.:Everest, currently growing about 4" a year, or the ones that have been long worn away, like the very-very-old Canadian Shield...) got there?? You've just gotten used to having the Internet and it's "slave-to-crisis" media mentality to drool over and sit in front of, dreaming hopefully, about "...the Imminent End Times! Save yourself and confess to Jesus!"

(PTL and pass the corn chips! This is gettin' quite entertaining!)

That'd be the media you love to parrot and utilize, they who go a bit berserk if they can't have a good volcano, earthquake, nuclear meltdown or tornado to report on.

PS: Ever hear of Krakatuah, Tambora, Vesuvius, Mazama, Etna, Crater Lake, Yellowstone (which happened at least 3 or 4 times previously, with no concomitant End Times.... All of these are a direct and measurable result of simple plate tectonics geology. Let's go on though, shall we? Pelee, Mt./ St. Helens, Paracutin, and several others, all within the last 150 years? With many more to come: likely Rainier, Baker, Hood here in the NorthWest, and about 100 others all over the earth's grinding surface.

Then there's the recent hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes. And all somewhat predicted and predictably due again in our future. Courtesy of our friendly earth scientists.

And so all this means what to you again? You prepare yourself endlessly for the obviously-predictable ("Oh My God!!There will be a big earthquake soon!") but after that (like the truly devastating one in Japan...) we humans pick ourselves up, and continue to over-reproduce and over-consume, all while you sit there literally trembling in anticipation, hoping for your personal Golden Ship to dock.

I won't be joining you for shipboard cocktails, that's for sure. I prefer to be a realist and to enjoy life without predicting human misery or looking down my egotistical nose at those who aren't unquestioning believers like you.! How insensitive and self-centered of you, BTW.

Get a rational life, darlin': you may sleep better. Unless, of course, like so many fundamentalist Christians, you secretly hope for The End Times within your lifetime, as a sort of "toilet flush" of what you have personally decided are unfit hominids.

Well, too bad. I for one don't lose sleep over such nonsense. And honest: I'm really enjoying my unselfish but apparently "heathen and evil-infested life!", with, I suppose, Satan (never mentioned in the bible, of course...) pulling my puppet strings!

(Gawd: what a juvenile and blindered viewpoint these fundies push...)

Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 AM

6,249 posts, read 9,689,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
This video is a bit dated, but it gives you a clue as to who Oprah's enemies are.

Oprah Denies Christ - YouTube

^^^Oprah's philosophy is not different from the Eastern philosophies as well as the ORIGINAL biblical teachings. Like someone mentioned earlier, the church and its theocratic agenda has created the "Jeebus freaks" that we see today (and evangelical America is ground zero for this mentality).

That said, even former President George W. Bush shares a similar belief to Oprah's.

George Bush denies Christ is the only way - YouTube

Similar things have been said by the hardcore evangelist Billy Graham.

Robert Schuller And Billy Graham Speaking Wide Acceptance - YouTube

The social and political leaders have made it perfectly clear. The days of "my God or else" are no longer accepted. This evolution in human consciousness has given rise to women's rights, animal rights, civil rights, and gay rights. As human beings, we are progressing (but progress is painful to those who wish to live in the days of old). It's a struggle; progress always is. In the end, the old ways of thinking will die out.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM

2,834 posts, read 4,039,534 times
Originally Posted by Daughter of Tsiyon
It is so sad that people do not see the sicknesses and natural disasters in this earth now, but they will see the mighty hands of Elohim if they do not change their ways and worship the Creator of the universe, because the end draws near whether you believe it or not!

What is it about "Natural" that you do not understand? One is for certain, In Nature, if it has happened once it will most likely happen again. The word "natural" means a common occurrence, it is not something brought on by a disfunctional God, whom can't seem to figure out what its going to do next. There has been sickness on this planet ever since there has been a planet, it is not a sign of "the end times" well, I guess it could be the end time if your the one who is sick and there is no cure, but I degress.
You need to stop worring about the natural order of things and start enjoying the life that your God has given you. How miserable it must be to wake every morning thinking your end is near, get out and enjoy nature there is noting to fear.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,088,964 times
Wink That Leaking Barge arriveth, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Originally Posted by Daughter of Tsiyon

What is it about "Natural" that you do not understand? One is for certain, In Nature, if it has happened once it will most likely happen again. The word "natural" means a common occurrence, it is not something brought on by a disfunctional God, whom can't seem to figure out what its going to do next. There has been sickness on this planet ever since there has been a planet, it is not a sign of "the end times" well, I guess it could be the end time if your the one who is sick and there is no cure, but I degress.
You need to stop worring about the natural order of things and start enjoying the life that your God has given you. How miserable it must be to wake every morning thinking your end is near, get out and enjoy nature there is noting to fear.
Well said Terryj, but as I suggested earlier, folks like this do seem to be impatiently awaiting that special time, when they vengefully watch as their Golden Ship's boarding ramp is being selectively lowered for them only! But when the likes of me step up, it'll be "Oh NO! Not you, you wretched heathen! You denied Him, and so you now get to rot in hell! Nyah nyah!"

Or something very much like that. But make no mistake; they don't fear this prophesied Great Day of Retribution; rather, they eagerly look forward to it. Within their lifetime of course, which is why it's always "It's coming soon, you'll see!" Yeah; they hope.

Too bad. I guarantee it won't happen like that in their lifetime. Just like in the vast prior continuum of all their predecessor's lifetimes. Never happened, and time just keeps marching along, don't it?

As in: what are they gonna say about 5000 - 50,000 yrs from now, if we are still here and weren't consumed by a nastily-evolved worldwide bacterial pandemic, or are hit by a massive errant meteorite? I'll guarantee it'll still be "It's coming real soon, you just watch! Very Soon!"

Yada Yada Yada.

Pretty sad for them huh, wasting all that precious life-time and life's limited energies in meaningless daydreaming and tearful, wishful daydreaming.

Tell me it just ain't so, Daughter of Tyson. Tell me your wishful hopes just ain't so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality