U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,122,352 times

Advertisements

If you want to see a clear example of psychological abuse against children, watch the documentary "For The Bible Tells Me So"....if we can't classify that example as abuse, then I surely don't know what we can...I was utterly appalled and disgusted by the brain washing and indoctrination of these children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:35 PM

2,956 posts, read 4,522,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pity?? Oh my! How have I evoked such antipathy? I have no difficulty understanding that, I was born an atheist too. I was referring to your hostility and anger bordering on rage toward anything to do with God or anyone who believes in God. Did not mean to upset you further.
I have to plead skepticism here, which I'm sure our atheist friends can relate to. These kinds of anonymous forums are ripe for people who want to manipulate emotions and discussions by assuming a false personality or claiming victimhood for one reason or another, especially if they have an agenda. Nobody who truly went through something like this would say his or her parents were "sane" -- anyone who beats a child for 18 years (?) to the point of breaking bones cannot be sane, and likely they started out pretty screwed up before they found religion. So I'm skeptical. If anyone because of abuse needs help or a support group, by all means he or she should pursue every possible avenue to get help. They can't expect other anonymous people to believe such claims made under cover of anonymity.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 PM

7,931 posts, read 8,503,480 times
Gosh, Common knowledge and long term studies have borne out that that Mormons and SDA folk are healthier than the average American. Yet the atheists here get all in a tizzy that religion can have any positive effect.

Now why is that?

And BTW I care not for Mormons or SDA theology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality