Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 AM

645 posts, read 1,451,729 times

Advertisements

?????christians? I would like to hear your opinion on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 AM

713 posts, read 1,956,906 times
Matthew 24 comes to mind.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:38 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
It says don't pizz God off or he'll send a mess of 'em. Floods, locusts, frogs, lice, Slim Whitman songs stuck in your head, you name it.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
?????christians? I would like to hear your opinion on this.

You don't need opinions. You need to know what the Bible says.

In Genesis, the warning to Adam was not to eat of the fruit. To obey God and let God be the determiner of what was right for his life. To not obey meant that death would come. Death did come.....but it came in many ways.....aging.....disease.....violence......accid ents........natural disasters.......

I is the way of life in a sin cursed world. When Adam fell, all of creation fell with him.

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Romans 5
Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ

12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

Romans 8

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:53 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You don't need opinions. You need to know what the Bible says.

In Genesis, the warning to Adam was not to eat of the fruit. To obey God and let God be the determiner of what was right for his life. To not obey meant that death would come. Death did come.....but it came in many ways.....aging.....disease.....violence......accid ents........natural disasters.......

I is the way of life in a sin cursed world. When Adam fell, all of creation fell with him.

That is what is at the heart of organized religion. Always obey, never doubt, do not question, simply believe. That is what belief means; do not use your intelligence, do not inquire, just follow scripture, that's all that's needed. Just believe in what those ancients wrote and believed as the absolute truth for all human salvation.

Science, on the other hand, says doubt and inquire, and then inquire some more as there are no absolute truths in life, only approximations to truth. And so science continues to inquire about issues of aging, disease, natural events, etc. and come up with explanations and even solutions in many cases. And so the next time you get sick with the flu, you may want to think about whether you got your updated flu shot, and not how you may have disobeyed God and gotten so sick.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:23 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,640 times
I'm just guessing here, but it might go something like this:

"Yea, though I looked down upon the firmament and vanquished the wealth of the infant lands of the arrogant, I yet was no longer amused and sought something by which to remove my boredom. Whereupon I gazed into the southern seas and mine eye lay upon the forgotten island of beautiful poverty. Verily did I thumpest the firmament with my middle finger, as one would a mound of mites and, Lo! did the mites of my creation run hither to and fro and I didst laugh heartily and popped a cold one."

Just guessing.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,296,042 times
"There is no meaningful correspondence between what we are like in our souls, and what happens to us in life."

A certain Fr Jonathan

Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Never mind the Bible. Apparently, if Pat Robertson has it right with his comments about the flood in Haiti, natural disasters are simply the result of pacts with the devil.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:27 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,410,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Never mind the Bible. Apparently, if Pat Robertson has it right with his comments about the flood in Haiti, natural disasters are simply the result of pacts with the devil.
Let's not forget Hurrican Katrina as well.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:06 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
That is what is at the heart of organized religion. Always obey, never doubt, do not question, simply believe. That is what belief means; do not use your intelligence, do not inquire, just follow scripture, that's all that's needed. Just believe in what those ancients wrote and believed as the absolute truth for all human salvation.

Science, on the other hand, says doubt and inquire, and then inquire some more as there are no absolute truths in life, only approximations to truth. And so science continues to inquire about issues of aging, disease, natural events, etc. and come up with explanations and even solutions in many cases. And so the next time you get sick with the flu, you may want to think about whether you got your updated flu shot, and not how you may have disobeyed God and gotten so sick.

Wow...I have to say something about this kind of reasoning..."Science, on the other hand, says doubt and inquire, and then inquire some more as there are no absolute truths in life"

If this is true to you...then there is no absolute truths in anything...So science is useless, and Bibles are useless, and even reality is useless...Everything is not true...and even your own self...because we try to understand atleast that concept...I am..therefore I Live...Is also a lie or not even close to the truth.

But In that regard...The Bible clearly says...Those who believe in me shall have eternal life.
It also says in the Bible to test it..to try it out ...to fulfill it...and to ask questions!...to seek out God...and to do it by being Like Christ...(FOLLOW ME) was his instruction to us...and so we should...for he achieved something we have yet to understand....What is Death, and What is Life?

Science cannot answer this because they were not before, nor were they after...So these two parts of any equation are missing pieces to the puzzel...
But God says he was before THE ALPHA and he is AFTER the Omega...the begining and the End...

If we do his will and fulfill his word, and do it according to scripture/under the commandments...and even perfecting that...and making Edens...restoring what was taken in disobediance by Adam and Eve...So we could be forgiven....
Would we not walk with God in that estate?

Who wants to try?
And science is about testing, observing, and in some instances correcting error!
So why cling to science?...Because with it as it is, we can all be scientists....and if that is so...We can all ask a question and Get a right answer...to make truth.

If we do not address the Bible, as credible...then no one will solve for the before, and after part of creation!

But if we embrace and practice the things in the Bible God has asked us to do, which are not difficult, or a burden, and make perfect sense if we apply the reasoning of God to the situation of this world..and the need for food, clean water, and stable estates to live on and under...God has addressed most of them....But humans do not listen nor believe...why?

is it because they have tested the instructions, and lived under the law, and upheld the covenants and precepts and laws of the land God inposed?
By no means!

And so we have sickness, suffering , wars, and murder, rape and other evils...and still Death is with us...?...Yes!
Why?

Sin begets it!

So if we do no more sin, we can Live?...That is what Jesus said in a nut shell....while drawing in the sands of time.

test it..and see...what do you have to loose?
Nothing!

And so..Genesis 2:15 comes into play,...restoring Eden with the plant told not to touch ..and doing it sinlessly...that should reverse the curse of death..and bring this all to a head...a God head...and we then can walk with God...Like Adam once did...Playing hide and seek in the garden...with no worries...?....well God has to remove the evil...and that is also addressed....Resist the Evil...And if it is not in you, or them...then it has to condense into something!...something tangable...something Humans have been using or doing wrong for a very long time, over and over and over again...because we still have death, and plagues, sickeness, and the bent sciences trying to solve for these things with medication, so sin continues under the thing causing all the woe...is not going to work....and it is not working!
More hospitals are not the answer, just like putting a rubber on the sexual member doesn't work....it is still sexual ludness.

So in that be perfect...make truth , try to do what God has asked...maybe something so small as to try is enough to bring you into Life eternal with God...Just trying to do, sometimes fulfills the smallest of things...and that might cause a great flood of others trying, and if we help each other...more might have life through trying What Jesus said....DO NO MORE SIN...and go the extra mile....restore the plant...

That might be the thing we are not doing...and the Idol thing is the thing that has never left our minds...or our history here....

Any relationship to death?...the pieces are becoming more tangable!
Bank fraud...Corpret Fraud...Oppressed trade...and warfare....all showing signs!

And the lies they tell to keep it all going the wrong way...so more death and destruction are noted in My reality....as the bible fortells...yah the bible has truth...wonder why?

Last edited by Sir Les; 01-14-2010 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality