U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 AM
 
7,811 posts, read 5,069,835 times
Reputation: 2972

Advertisements

Usually when someone writes a book and no one wants to publish it they publish it themselves through some form of "vanity publishing" company. Posting rejected books on Internet Forums is a tactic I have not seen before though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2011, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Florida
18,341 posts, read 18,591,551 times
Reputation: 21061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Usually when someone writes a book and no one wants to publish it they publish it themselves through some form of "vanity publishing" company. Posting rejected books on Internet Forums is a tactic I have not seen before though.

Especially when they didn't leave a way to find it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,057 posts, read 29,759,537 times
Reputation: 10455
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Especially when they didn't leave a way to find it!
...And left everyone with the tantalizing hint of a "Volume 1." Perhaps he's hard at work on Volume 2 even as we post here. And he's only 20; the mind boggles at what he could produce over time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
 
43 posts, read 27,311 times
Reputation: 11
Sorry I didn't post Ch. 25 as requested I'm working on some rational philosophy right now so I want to make sure Ch. 25 fits my model.


This is my simple work. Not that deep.
Summarized Chapters:
Ch. 9 On How Democracy was Taken Advantage of - Looking primarily at the United States of America we have a congress and citizen voters, a surely democratic system to vote on laws and regulations such as whether gays should marry or how much the people should tax themselves or whether a plant should be illegal. And what happens in the midst of this democracy? The people elect these officials of state to vote for them. They essentially vote to get rid of there own vote. In other words when that plant was made illegal it was made illegal by the government not by the majority of the people. When taxes are raised they are raised by the government and elected officials. It is clear that if there were to be a pure democratic vote by the people they would never collectively agree to simply give there elected officials the money (taxes) to make decisions for them, they would simply just keep there money and vote themselves. However when we look at the aspect of government and democracy as a whole we begin to question did America collectively by majority ever say they did not want gays to marry, no, they did not, the government did. But the real matter is even if the people were to vote collectively and say gay marriage should be illegal it is not there decision, it is no ones, and even if the government did raise taxes it wouldn't be there right to proceed with the matter, it would be the peoples, and if people collectively agreed to make a plant illegal it is not there right to say that a plant cannot be used by anyone else just because they have bad relations with a plant. Therefore it is clear that democracy has become flawed over time due to the misunderstanding of the term and this misunderstood term has been taken advantage of so that rulings have become excessive in that anything that is proposed by the elected officials only has to be accepted by the majority of congress not by the majority of people in the state. It also clear that a nation that becomes excessive in its rules and regulations places less power in the individual to rule himself which is ironic because a democracy is an entity of rulings that preaches individual freedom.

Ch. 15: On Life Pt. 2 A solution cannot exist without a problem therefore one should not worry about the struggle. However even though problems produce solutions one should not intentionally create a problem hoping to bring about a solution, one should simply desire to identify a grand solution in the state of anticipating the future yet ironically as one does this one will bring about problems as the solution becomes the problem. Once this is known the desired solution must be identified first before the problem then the problems that allow the solution not to be clarified already must be identified and the problems that allow for the solution indeed become subsidiary solutions once identified. We must conclude that the solutions are indeed what creates wisdom in ones self thus the struggle is indeed the only starting path to wisdom for it is the problem when it is yet to be discovered. We must also conclude that absolute negativity can never exist in the duration of a problem's phase no matter how bad it is because wisdom will always be in the making thus any problem should be recognized as the origin of new found wisdom.

Chapter 27: Figurative Language on Nutrition -

It is true that when there is a desire to get better ( negative mood, negative perspectives on reality) that the drive to this desire is increased by nutrition (fuels), in that the brain is the engine and wouldn't work properly unless supplied with the proper oils (nutrition) and in this drive to get better the problem solving methods are enhanced by the fuels and in turn the perception of ones reality is altered dramatically by the grade of these fuels in turn by making nutrition best possible way to reach a reality of nirvana in that a reality of nirvana would be impossible without proper nutrition and would outweigh the wellness of effects of proper exercise and sleep. Most humans place a negative perception on the self problem solving skills or the negativity of the world but if these fuels were to be upgraded perceptions would change dramatically in that it would be able to be analyzed in a form of data and although a situation would be negative the perception of the idea might be intended to be positive on a consistently realistic basis.

If indeed the negative perspective is cured it is because of the energy the fuel gives the engine (brain) and you will find that in several foods there are compounds that allow for the process of transition/transmission out of a negative perspective and they are compounds that increase attention, mood, and regulate body temperature, etc.


Thus in order to shift perspectives a transition to a higher fuel is required. Once this is digested over time the body will exhaust itself from stress and a defense mechanism will appear. One will either be able to slow ones mind or one will realize to stress will not solve a problem. These types of logic and actions will become frequent in the mind until the person can solve the personal problem. Once the stress is exhausted the body will brake/break (life without stress) for an extended period of time and with this the minds drive will occur on a new and improved and stable path.


Chapter 29 : On Dreaming Pt. 2 - Imagination is a reality when in the state of dreaming while awake. The imaginative reality is that which is yet to be manifested and in the state scenarios of manifestation must exist in the dream state in a sequence in order to achieve an ultimate reality in life. The sequence must serve for organizational purposes and the reality of actual life must merge with the imaginative state in order to manifest a dream. When sequences of scenarios are analyzed one will find a perfect scenario is that which is applicable to the reality of life. For example if in an imaginative state a plan is being engineered the steps which are visual scenarios must be steps reasonably applicable with the scenarios of the reality of life. If A exists in reality and one wishes to change A to B in reality than both A and B must be imagined in a dream. In other words the transformation from A to B must be imagined and to do this one has to bring reality into a dream therefore as long as a dream attaches itself to scenarios with reality the dream is realistic.









Last edited by GalacticBeach; 09-19-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,944 posts, read 4,312,763 times
Reputation: 1160
I'm sorry Theophane, I didn't mean for it to be litteral. I meant that people always think they have the right answers. I feel like this bomb of a book will not be explained... I want to know about Ch.25.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 PM
 
43 posts, read 27,311 times
Reputation: 11
Have any of you heard of self publishing? I am not talking like in paper-book form but rather online. If so do guys understand the process? Would a blog technically be self publishing? Does anyone know the methods on how to do this? Is a site like booksie.com a self publishing service? How can I self publish my work online and assure dominant copyright status? Because I'm thinking about just putting it online and going viral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 01:29 AM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,944 posts, read 4,312,763 times
Reputation: 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJMoore1991 View Post
Have any of you heard of self publishing? I am not talking like in paper-book form but rather online. If so do guys understand the process? Would a blog technically be self publishing? Does anyone know the methods on how to do this? Is a site like booksie.com a self publishing service? How can I self publish my work online and assure dominant copyright status? Because I'm thinking about just putting it online and going viral.
I think copyrights are usually done through the government; it is that entity which assures that if anyone makes a profit off of your work, they are liable to accusations of theft and possible reparations. Most books are now written with computers, not just the printing press and type writers. so why not write it, get the copyrights, then publish it online with one of those "liberal" copyrights, my own word for the copyrights for online works that people must always at least give credit to you(the author) when citing or using the work, but are still allowed to copy and paste,? I mean, that's only if you are planning to give your work out for free as if though it was worthless.
so about ch.25.... that's weird, only now I saw your post on it... im going to read it, thanks, than get back at you. OH, nvm. i'll wait patiently I guess. I'll take a look at your other abstracts.

edit~ here is some notes:
Quote:
The abstract of Ch.9 looks very good, going in the right direction but needs to be a bit more explicit in my opinion, try not to use vague plant references(talk about drugs directly and scientifically, more popular that way), and widen the scope of your argument against classical/ancient Republican political philosophy (“getting rid of your own vote” as you called it).


Ch.15… too circular and vague in the beginning*, good conclusion though for an optimist/”appreciativist”, as I would call it, perspective on enjoying life and on handling hardship.


Ch.27… vague “food religion” argument, the chapter seems to be merely talking about eating healthy, but in a really tangent way. Too much personal language like the phrase “higher fuel” might be a bad thing. *especially in an abstract


Ch.29… im missing the point of this chapter*, something about dreams and how realistic they are? Are you trying to explain why dreams exist?
Once you write your book, don't forget to cite your sources... copyrights work both ways you know.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-25-2011 at 02:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 03:22 AM
 
34,725 posts, read 8,964,490 times
Reputation: 4808
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJMoore1991 View Post
Sorry I didn't post Ch. 25 as requested I'm working on some rational philosophy right now so I want to make sure Ch. 25 fits my model.


This is my simple work. Not that deep.
Summarized Chapters:
Ch. 9 On How Democracy was Taken Advantage of - Looking primarily at the United States of America we have a congress and citizen voters, a surely democratic system to vote on laws and regulations such as whether gays should marry or how much the people should tax themselves or whether a plant should be illegal. And what happens in the midst of this democracy? The people elect these officials of state to vote for them. They essentially vote to get rid of there own vote. In other words when that plant was made illegal it was made illegal by the government not by the majority of the people. When taxes are raised they are raised by the government and elected officials. It is clear that if there were to be a pure democratic vote by the people they would never collectively agree to simply give there elected officials the money (taxes) to make decisions for them, they would simply just keep there money and vote themselves. However when we look at the aspect of government and democracy as a whole we begin to question did America collectively by majority ever say they did not want gays to marry, no, they did not, the government did. But the real matter is even if the people were to vote collectively and say gay marriage should be illegal it is not there decision, it is no ones, and even if the government did raise taxes it wouldn't be there right to proceed with the matter, it would be the peoples, and if people collectively agreed to make a plant illegal it is not there right to say that a plant cannot be used by anyone else just because they have bad relations with a plant. Therefore it is clear that democracy has become flawed over time due to the misunderstanding of the term and this misunderstood term has been taken advantage of so that rulings have become excessive in that anything that is proposed by the elected officials only has to be accepted by the majority of congress not by the majority of people in the state. It also clear that a nation that becomes excessive in its rules and regulations places less power in the individual to rule himself which is ironic because a democracy is an entity of rulings that preaches individual freedom.

Ch. 15: On Life Pt. 2 A solution cannot exist without a problem therefore one should not worry about the struggle. However even though problems produce solutions one should not intentionally create a problem hoping to bring about a solution, one should simply desire to identify a grand solution in the state of anticipating the future yet ironically as one does this one will bring about problems as the solution becomes the problem. Once this is known the desired solution must be identified first before the problem then the problems that allow the solution not to be clarified already must be identified and the problems that allow for the solution indeed become subsidiary solutions once identified. We must conclude that the solutions are indeed what creates wisdom in ones self thus the struggle is indeed the only starting path to wisdom for it is the problem when it is yet to be discovered. We must also conclude that absolute negativity can never exist in the duration of a problem's phase no matter how bad it is because wisdom will always be in the making thus any problem should be recognized as the origin of new found wisdom.

Chapter 27: Figurative Language on Nutrition -

It is true that when there is a desire to get better ( negative mood, negative perspectives on reality) that the drive to this desire is increased by nutrition (fuels), in that the brain is the engine and wouldn't work properly unless supplied with the proper oils (nutrition) and in this drive to get better the problem solving methods are enhanced by the fuels and in turn the perception of ones reality is altered dramatically by the grade of these fuels in turn by making nutrition best possible way to reach a reality of nirvana in that a reality of nirvana would be impossible without proper nutrition and would outweigh the wellness of effects of proper exercise and sleep. Most humans place a negative perception on the self problem solving skills or the negativity of the world but if these fuels were to be upgraded perceptions would change dramatically in that it would be able to be analyzed in a form of data and although a situation would be negative the perception of the idea might be intended to be positive on a consistently realistic basis.

If indeed the negative perspective is cured it is because of the energy the fuel gives the engine (brain) and you will find that in several foods there are compounds that allow for the process of transition/transmission out of a negative perspective and they are compounds that increase attention, mood, and regulate body temperature, etc.


Thus in order to shift perspectives a transition to a higher fuel is required. Once this is digested over time the body will exhaust itself from stress and a defense mechanism will appear. One will either be able to slow ones mind or one will realize to stress will not solve a problem. These types of logic and actions will become frequent in the mind until the person can solve the personal problem. Once the stress is exhausted the body will brake/break (life without stress) for an extended period of time and with this the minds drive will occur on a new and improved and stable path.


Chapter 29 : On Dreaming Pt. 2 - Imagination is a reality when in the state of dreaming while awake. The imaginative reality is that which is yet to be manifested and in the state scenarios of manifestation must exist in the dream state in a sequence in order to achieve an ultimate reality in life. The sequence must serve for organizational purposes and the reality of actual life must merge with the imaginative state in order to manifest a dream. When sequences of scenarios are analyzed one will find a perfect scenario is that which is applicable to the reality of life. For example if in an imaginative state a plan is being engineered the steps which are visual scenarios must be steps reasonably applicable with the scenarios of the reality of life. If A exists in reality and one wishes to change A to B in reality than both A and B must be imagined in a dream. In other words the transformation from A to B must be imagined and to do this one has to bring reality into a dream therefore as long as a dream attaches itself to scenarios with reality the dream is realistic.
That's plenty deep enough for many people. It's a thoughtful and thought - provoking book. I must say I like to see the ending first so I'd like to see a preface setting out what you're trying to argue (so I know where to aim my bias, see?)

There are some arguable and speculative points but so there are in a lot of the stuff you see published nowadays. God luck with it and careful with copying copyrighted material, as was said by the Luminous Truther.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 AM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,944 posts, read 4,312,763 times
Reputation: 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That's plenty deep enough for many people. It's a thoughtful and thought - provoking book. I must say I like to see the ending first so I'd like to see a preface setting out what you're trying to argue (so I know where to aim my bias, see?)

There are some arguable and speculative points but so there are in a lot of the stuff you see published nowadays. God luck with it and careful with copying copyrighted material, as was said by the Luminous Truther.
ugh... you know the only reason I got that last pseudonym was because "Luminous" by itself was already taken here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 03:56 AM
 
34,725 posts, read 8,964,490 times
Reputation: 4808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
ugh... you know the only reason I got that last pseudonym was because "Luminous" by itself was already taken here.
Sorry about that. I just had a mental image of Barrie 'I'm radioactive!' Zwicker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top