U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 AM

40,057 posts, read 30,282,226 times

Advertisements

Whooshing sound, as sarcasm goes right over his head...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM

43 posts, read 27,955 times
Be easy

Last edited by GalacticBeach; 10-05-2011 at 02:22 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,215,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJMoore1991 View Post
I definitely listened to what Nozzferrahhtoo was saying, I will certainly self-publish and I don't reference anything because there is nothing to reference. Also, I'll have one of my friends correct my poor grammar
I think you are missing the strength of the point on the grammar issue. It is not just "some poor" grammar that needs correction. The entire content of what you posted looks like it was written in one language and then fed through google Translator.

In other words, it does not need correction. It needs a native speaker to entirely rewrite every single line in it... essentially re-writing the book.

That is no small task considering the content itself, aside from the grammar, is a series of meaningless, baseless, unsubstantiated, non-sequitur sentences without any reflection on reality or evidence and without any use I can find. It is simply poor stuff.

Sorry to be so harsh but self publishing is not cheap. Nor is translation which can be anything from 1 to 3 euro per line depending on the content and the effort required (in this case very high). Save your money unless you simply have too much of it that you need to burn it. However if that is so there are a host of secular charities I can recommend for you instead.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 AM

40,057 posts, read 30,282,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJMoore1991 View Post
Be easy
I don't know what you meant by that. You showed up hawking a bunch of writing you put together--writing that happens to be virtually unreadable--as though you were the ultimate authority on something or other. Did you expect everyone to cringe in awe at your mastery of whatever it is you were writing about?

The fact is, some of us know how to put a decent sentence together. You aren't a member of that club...which is fine, so long as you keep your material to yourself. But you shouldn't be surprised that the world extends beyond your computer screen.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM

True, I feel what you guys are saying completely. That's just how I get down though. I'll write those theories and concepts straight from my head in 1 minute and then just go to another concept and rarely go back and fix mistakes. It is called a freestyle.But I spend a lot of time thinking about the given concept in my head I just never write thoughts down to analyze them only to organize them. And as long as you guys are only criticizing my sentence structure and spelling then I'm fine with that for what else is an editor for. This is a philosophy section of a forum not an English section. Critique the content haha

Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 PM

7,811 posts, read 5,215,678 times
I think if you actually read my post youll find I did both.

Lets just say if you spew this stuff out in the space of a minute... the quality of the content really does reflect the effort.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I think if you actually read my post youll find I did both.

Lets just say if you spew this stuff out in the space of a minute... the quality of the content really does reflect the effort.
Your right it seems I definitely have to go back and add detail and clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or