U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
7,799 posts, read 6,659,081 times
Reputation: 3184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
But how do you really feel?
Some "peoples" just have a hard time getting off the fence and being so wishy-washy to actually form an opinion. "evoluted" - I don't think it means what you think it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 AM
 
570 posts, read 370,555 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC
At least you understand what's been done to you. That's a good start.
Yes & I am very thankful .
Quote:
Specifically, what evidence in the links did you find questionable? Did you even read them?
Falsification of evidence by the evolutionists .
That is what I really find questionable
They have been doing it at different times , different place with different persons ....
That makes it more like a plot strategy extends from generation to another .
Because of that they are not trusted .
Quote:
You asked how long it took humans to develop. How long is a measure from the start to the end of something. What starting point are you interested in?
That common ancestor thing !!!
It Contrary to the simplest degree of logic ...
Quote:
No. You're confusing fiction with reality. Not surprising for someone who is religious but still, try and stay on topic.
You are the one who believe that Creature could turns into another form not me
You know ... some thing like the incredible hulk
Quote:
Which fossils were faked, exactly, and who discovered that they weren't real?
There are a lot ... but I will give you one example :


Piltdown man: Found in a gravel pit in Sussex England in 1912, this fossil was considered by some sources to be the second most important fossil proving the evolution of man—until it was found to be a complete forgery 41 years later. The skull was found to be of modern age. The fragments had been chemically stained to give the appearance of age, and the teeth had been filed down!
Or maybe two :

The most recent and perhaps the most infamous evolution frauds was committed in China and published in 1999 in the journal National Geographic 196:98-107, November 1999. Dinosaur bones were put together with the bones of a newer species of bird and they tried to pass it off as a very important new evolutionary intermediate
Google it ... blow your self away
You will find Countless incidents ...!!!
Quote:
Prove it. Here's your big chance, don't blow it.
What a more prove than Something you see every day with your won eyes ?
Ok ... I will prove it one more time with reall pictures
This is an Ape :

That is a human being :

Now give me your prove with recent pictures not some virtual draws that only exists in fiction mindes !!!
Please ... don't tell me it only happens in billions of years because no one will live to see it

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 10-17-2011 at 08:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,621 posts, read 6,994,274 times
Reputation: 3631
Default Someyimes you have to dig down a bit to get at the truth. Read on....

WoW!! You've posted the two famous "faked science" cases, and make a generalized statement that this is somehow only two of many. Not quite true, is it? If you think or know so, then name me 10 more. OK, then, five. OK then, two more. Betcha can't, but even so, then tell me exactly who discovered the fakery and reported it. The church? Or the honest and ethical scientific community?

But now, let me tell you the number of cases of honest, correct, repeatable and peer-reviewed research (Peer review being precisely what "outed" the only two examples you provided, BTW...). No, wait.... I can't give you the humber of defensible research study results because, hell, they've been pouring out of the science system at about 1000 a day, and have been doing exactly that for the past oh.... 150 years at least! That's quite a big number though, huh?

In other words, science is demonstrably reliable, and it finds it's own problem cases without the church's help, and then quite openly publishes those fakery cases for the world to see. That makes them inherently honest and thus believable when they do say some research study IS believable and repeatable.

Now also let me correct you on your lonely second case study about the Chinese mini-dinosaur. It was not found to be a completely faked report, only that the bones, which were very real, had been incorrectly assembled, and an incorrect conclusion drawn. It still represented a unique and very small bird-like dinosaur. It was not all a lie, just some of it's conclusions, which again, the peer-review part of the SM did in fact detect and advise everyone about..

But that did not stop the popular Christian Press from jumping on the "Bad Science!" bandwagon, and that is exactly why you post it here, because you found it on some incorrect and categorically dishonest, fundamentalist Christian website. They needed it to be fake, so they purposefully hid the complete story. In other words, unlike the honest scientists who clarified the conclusion errors, the fundy Christians just outright lied about the study's problems.

And you want to use that as the means to make your point? With Christian lies? Hmmm...

Thirdly, you again demonstrate your special ignorance on the subject of Evolution. You show an ape, then you show a human and comment that you need to see one change into another. One day an ape, the next, a human. That is NOT how it works, squall, and you know it because you've been advised of it many MANY times.'

'To summarize the obvious (again.... sigh...), Evolution's a very slow iterative process (click on that word please, and try to read up a bit on this topic so you don't make the same major mistake again and again!). To back that statement up, we now clearly have many intermediate fossil examples, as well as currently living forms whose DNA genome maps clearly show interdependence and links that can be precisely back-traced through recent and ancient paleontological history. All available for the inquisitive and honestly interested reader.

But those traits [being inquisitive & honest] are necessary qualifiers: Christian apologist-denialists won't read such conclusive proofs in evidence, so why should we obther to talk to them? It's like trying to convince a small illiterate child about how a DVD player works, or that there are tiny dangerous bacteria on water tap handles!

This also raises a point to you: why are you here? To listen and learn from those who know far more than you on a highly technical subject, or just to cut and paste nonsense from dishonest Christian or Islamic websites, stuff we've listed and debunked many times before? Do you not get tired of re-telling known fabrications? I mean, really? And then do you feel that you can call yourself an honest and ethical being?

We now have direct and easily measured evidence of the migration pathways and genetic chronology of our ancestors, out of Africa, all the way into the continental United States, as well as up into central and northern Europe. You deny this?

To quote your Chinese fossil case-example, to make the inferred claim that most of science cannot therefore be trusted, is to happily demonstrate one's complete and pathological ignorance on the subject. Or otherwise, to demonstrate that you have no real interest in honesty and personal ethical integrity.

So squall; Which is it with you this time, or can you actually openly admit you've made a mistake, as scientists do when they make one?
__________________________________

Specifically, read this summary:

Dino Hoax Was Mainly Made of Ancient Bird, Study Says

... but also note these important paragraphs:

"Prior to their appearance in the false Archaeoraptor fossil, both Microraptor and Yanornis were unknown species.

"Yanornis is an important new species, and is going to receive more attention in the future," said Julia Clarke, a paleontologist at the American Museum of Natural History in New York and one of the study's co-authors.

"Every new species coming out of China brings us closer to understanding the anatomical changes that occurred on the evolutionary path between raptor-dinosaurs and living birds," she said. "And that was a really long road."

The fossils come from the Liaoning Province of China, where thousands of flying and non-flying dinosaur fossils have been uncovered. The site has provided compelling evidence confirming the bird-dinosaur link."


In other words, squall, an important new previously unknown species WAS found there, and will be covered by ethical research scientists (not the easily discovered faked-up assembly of some bones by a farmer who then thought he'd become rich...).

See the obvious differences? Be very careful of anything you just cut and paste out of the denialist Christian press, squall. They are known liars, and I'd hate for you to fall victim to their deceptions!

Last edited by rifleman; 10-17-2011 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
971 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
[font=Arial]4- Moderator cut: orphaned
What is your point? That because they were this developed, the Neanderthals were just like us? Subspecie Homo sapiens sapiens?

We have quite a lot of Neanderthal bones to examine, so we have a pretty good idea of what they looked like. Close relatives but not entirely like us I'm afraid.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-18-2011 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: posted too fast; it turns out more than one skeleton shows signs of arthritis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2011, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,754,085 times
Reputation: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Now tell me which creationist website you've been quoting this time.
He's quoting this one.
Evolution Fraud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
 
10,263 posts, read 7,748,802 times
Reputation: 8351
Actually, homo sapiens and neanderthals apparently did interbreed at some time.

Non-Africans Carry Neanderthal DNA - International Business Times

Quote:
The team had compared 6,000 chromosomes from all parts of the world to the Neanderthal haplotype in 2010 when the Neanderthal genome sequence was made available. They found that the Neanderthal sequence was present in peoples across all continents, except for sub-Saharan Africa, and including Australia.
The findings were published in the July 2011 issue of the journal Molecular Biology and Evolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,805 posts, read 14,315,625 times
Reputation: 4775
The point is that science is self-correcting, and if it were not for fellow scientists, most hoaxes would never be exposed. You can't say the same for religion, which must be based on faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 AM
 
570 posts, read 370,555 times
Reputation: 74
When some one begins to question the incident number & not the incident itself then you should know that the story is true in general
What I noticed was that no one deny the falsification of evidence by some scientists , Instead you tried to reduce the number .
The point is that fake fossils do exist & they were made by scientists to fool the world & support the theory of evolution , If the theory does not need to be proven by falsify evidence then why did they do it ?
Why do many scientists remained silent about this fraud for many years ?
Why the same thing keep coming from different people at different times ?
Yes, religious people may be changing some of the facts too, but this thing can also applied on some atheists scientists .
There are honest and dishonest people from both sides & as you can distinguish between honest & dishonest scientists We can also distinguish between honest & dishonest Muslims scientists .
Lying does not last long .
I think I explained my point here
P.S : It does not matter where you took the information from , It is whether this information is true or not .
In our schools we learn alot of informations on biology and chemistry from atheists scientists books .
In Islam it does not matter where you take the information from as long as it is true , There for I hope that you dont make it look like it is all wrong just because I took it from Christian or Muslim site .
That excuse makes you in a weak position , Trust me .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 10-18-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 AM
 
4,823 posts, read 3,639,841 times
Reputation: 1654
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Yes & I am very thankful .

Falsification of evidence by the evolutionists .
That is what I really find questionable
They have been doing it at different times , different place with different persons ....
What evidence presented in the link I posted was falsified? Please be specific.

Quote:
That common ancestor thing !!!
Our common ancestor with what?

Quote:
You are the one who believe that Creature could turns into another form not me
"I know you are but what am I" became unconvincing in kindergarten. Do you have anything other that mindless finger-pointing in your favor?

There are a lot ... but I will give you one example :

Quote:
[font=Arial][color=darkred]Piltdown man: Found in a gravel pit in Sussex England in 1912, this fossil was considered by some sources to be the second most important fossil proving the evolution of man
But most scientists remained skeptical until it was proved to be a forgery. It became more and more suspicious as genuine hominid fossils were found and it didn't fit into the pattern of the genuine fossils. I have no idea why you're stuck on this one hoax as if it eliminates all of the genuine fossils that have been found.

Are you saying there's a world-wide conspiracy among scientists to hide the truth? They must no be very good at it if some high school student has figured them out. But then again, I guess you believe that you know more than every biologist and doctor in the world - they're all wrong and only you have the truth. So believing in a global conspiracy is small potatoes after than.

Quote:
[font=Arial][color=darkred]The most recent and perhaps the most infamous evolution frauds was committed in China and published in 1999 in the journal National Geographic 196:98-107, November 1999.
And it's a good thing creationists exposed this fraud - oh wait, no they didn't. Scientists did. Good job showing how science uses evidence and reason to get to the truth of the matter - too bad religion can't take a hint.

Quote:
You will find Countless incidents ...!!!
Will you reject religion if I find 2 instances of religious fraud? It seems that's enough for you to reject science, so it should be enough to reject religion as well. That is, if you're interested in being consistent.

Quote:
What a more prove than Something you see every day with your won eyes ?
In other words, you can't prove your claims and are going to just repeat them as if that will make them any more true. Here's a hint - it doesn't. Keep trying though and maybe you'll be able to silence the doubts running around in your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM
 
4,823 posts, read 3,639,841 times
Reputation: 1654
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
When some one begins to question the incident number & not the incident itself then you should know that the story is true in general
We know, but we try not to be too hard on believers. They've got lots of cultural and emotional baggage to overcome.

Quote:
What I noticed was that no one deny the falsification of evidence by some scientists.
Yep, scientists are an honest bunch. Too bad religion can't learn from that.

Quote:
The point is that fake fossils do exist & they were made by scientists to fool the world & support the theory of evolution , If the theory does not need to be proven by falsify evidence then why did they do it ?
Personal recognition, probably. But thanks for admitting that the undisputed evidence overwhelmingly proves that evolution is real.

Quote:
Why do many scientists remained silent about this fraud for many years ?
They didn't.

Quote:
Why the same thing keep coming from different people at different times ?
They don't.

Quote:
Yes, religious people may be changing some of the facts too
And yet you reject evolution but not religion. Why the hypocrisy?

Quote:
[color=indigo]In Islam it does not matter where you take the information from as long as it is true
Ignoring the fact that much of it wasn't true, here in the US, it matters a great bit if you pretend that someone else's work is actually your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top