U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 AM

56 posts, read 85,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
When you explane to me how random chance and accidents can make a accurate mechanism system I will answer your question .

Are you joking around? That explanation is called the theory of evolution. I'd recommend Richard Dawkins' book The Blind Watchmaker if you want to learn what evolution is, how it works, what the evidence is, etc. Great book.

Quote:
How did unconscious cell produce that huge amount of consciousness ?
A paper by Nobel laureate John Eccles on the subject which you may find interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...01090-0042.pdf

Last edited by Facepalm17; 10-23-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 PM

570 posts, read 619,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm17
Are you joking around? That explanation is called the theory of evolution. I'd recommend Richard Dawkins' book The Blind Watchmaker if you want to learn what evolution is, how it works, what the evidence is, etc. Great book.
Ahaa ..
I see ..
Again what are those two words our friends atheist always bragging about ?
sense & logic !!! right
So acording to your sense & logic accidents can make a accurate mechanism system ?
Just to make sure could you give me one more example other than theory of evolution to see how accidents can make a accurate system please?
Or is it just exclusive for that thory ?
Quote:
A paper by Nobel laureate John Eccles on the subject which you may find interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...01090-0042.pdf
Another example of sense & logic ...
unconscious can produce consciousness ...
Thank you ...

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 10-23-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,126,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm17 View Post

Are you joking around?
I'm dying to know what a "accurate mechanism system" is, or an inaccurate one for that matter.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:39 PM

56 posts, read 85,226 times
Quote:
Ahaa ..
I see ..
Again what are those two words our friends atheist always bragging about ?
sense & logic !!! right
So acording to your sense & logic accidents can make a accurate mechanism system ?
Just to make sure could you give me one more example other than theory of evolution to see how accidents can make a accurate system please?
Or is it just exclusive for that thory ?
The process is not random or accidental. As I said, read about a subject before commenting on it to avoid looking foolish.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 AM

34,856 posts, read 9,002,086 times
Squall-L is obviously working from the assumption that everything is too ordered and perfect to be anything other than planned by an intelligence.

Even that would not avoid the argument that, given time, unplanned natural processes (called 'random or chance') could come to work in perfect order because anything else would simply not work.

Let's try to get the idea over one more time. As a very simple example,

(1) a rock gets weathered, cracks, becomes unstable and crashed down in an avalanche. It all works in a perfect ordered way. Well of course it does. But nobody planned it.

(2) rocks on a beach become pebbles, then grit, then sand through being thrown up and worn down over aeons. They are all there all pretty much the same size and looking pretty shiny too. But it would be daft to say that somebody must have made it that way.

(3) we get a tomato that grows near to two stems or two mushroom spores grow close together. The Tomato grows on each side of the stems and you have to do some cutting to extract it. the two mushrooms will blend into a composite. That all happens through natural known processes and like crystal -snowflake or tree formation, there is no reason to suppose that any mind is doing it.

While the ecosphere, galaxy and universe are obviously huge, that is merely these (1) (2) and (3) processes in huge amounts. Bigness and complexity are not the point. Arguing that it is all perfect and ordered and works like a mechanical device is a misapprehension and misunderstanding of what the world, life and universe is and the forces that work it.

Thus all 'Watchmaker' arguments are false from the get - go because the representation of it all as a perfectly made precision machine is a misunderstanding of what we have.

Now as I have said before, I don't believe this will make an impression. That's not the point. Squall - L can believe whatever suits. All I am saying is that it's a waste of time putting the watchmaker argument to us because we know it's wrong at the start.

It's not a waste of time putting in the counter - argument, though, since not to do so might leave the unwary open to being bamboozled.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,073,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm17 View Post
read about a subject before commenting on it to avoid looking foolish.
Not advice he is likely to ever take. Reading before commenting is not one of his skills given this is the user who has a "knowledge" of science so deep that he claims on these forums that if the earth was moved a centemetre closer to, or further from, the sun then everything would burn up / freeze.

The user likes to post on science threads and claim to know what science is false and what is true. However he literally has no knowledge of any of the subjects on which he speaks. He simply makes up whatever science he can to make the existence of his god sound more likely. It seems those with no evidence for god are often willing to outright lie in order to make some up.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,792,324 times
Quote:
See what ?!!!
There's no point in explaining it to you since you're not ready to understand yet. But I think everyone else can see the results of your training here and how poorly it reflects on your religion.

Quote:
So please do not try to portray it as if all scientists are atheists ...
Where have I done this? If you can't tell the truth to me about what I've said, why should I believe you about anything else?

Quote:
Piltdown man: Found in a gravel pit in Sussex England in 1912, this fossil was considered by some sources to be the second most important fossil proving the evolution of manóuntil it was found to be a complete forgery 41 years later.
Yes, we've been over this specific example. Scientists were initially skeptical and became more so as more and more legitimate hominid fossils were found. So what?

Quote:
There are no such thing as Islam religions fraud !!!
No, of course not. Every Muslim is perfectly honest all the time. That makes complete sense and must be true...

Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,792,324 times
Quote:
When you explane to me how random chance and accidents can make a accurate mechanism system I will answer your question .
Why should anyone be asked to explain something no one believes is true?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 AM

570 posts, read 619,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo
Not advice he is likely to ever take. Reading before commenting is not one of his skills given this is the user who has a "knowledge" of science so deep that he claims on these forums that if the earth was moved a centemetre closer to, or further from, the sun then everything would burn up / freeze.
Yes .. that was a mistake & I have already admit it ...

The error was in the word "centimeter" but the idea is/was true .
Quote:
The user likes to post on science threads and claim to know what science is false and what is true.
I only express my humble opinion ...
Quote:
However he literally has no knowledge of any of the subjects on which he speaks.
I am a fast learner ... probably more than you can imagine ...
I've learned a lot since I started here .
Quote:
He simply makes up whatever science he can to make the existence of his god sound more likely. It seems those with no evidence for god are often willing to outright lie in order to make some up.
You forget to added :
"it's only Nozzferrahhtoo opinion"

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 10-24-2011 at 08:32 AM..

Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,073,662 times
There is a difference between "opinion" and "fantasy". Your knowledge on science has consistently proven to be the latter, not the former. You simply make up facts to suit yourself and when you are caught you call them "errors" and "opinions".

Quote:
Yes .. that was a mistake & I have already admit it ...
Actually you did no such thing. When your "mistake" (lie) was pointed out you did not "admit it" but in fact started making things up about me to try and change the subject. You would do anything EXCEPT admit it in fact. You just made up more lies and started saying people need to go to the "nerve and brain doctor".

Last edited by Nozzferrahhtoo; 10-24-2011 at 08:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality